N'aix, the Lifestealer
|Carry Durable Jungler Escape Disabler|
In the dungeons of Devarque, a vengeful wizard lay in shackles, plotting his escape. He shared his cell with a gibbering creature known as N'aix, a thief cursed by the Vile Council with longevity, so that its life-sentence for theft and cozening might be as punishing as possible. Over the years, its chains had corroded, along with its sanity; N'aix retained no memory of its former life and no longer dreamt of escape. Seeing a perfect vessel for his plans, the wizard wove a spell of Infestation and cast his life-force into N'aix's body, intending to compel N'aix to sacrifice itself in a frenzy of violence while the mage returned to his body and crept away unnoticed. Instead, the wizard found his mind caught in a vortex of madness so powerful that it swept away his plans and shattered his will. Jarred to consciousness by the sudden infusion of fresh life, N'aix woke from its nightmare of madness and obeyed the disembodied voice that filled its skull, which had only the one thought: To escape. In that moment Lifestealer was born. The creature cast its mind into dungeon guards and soldiers, compelling them to open locks and cut down their companions, opening an unobstructed path to freedom while feeding on their lives. Lifestealer still wears the broken shackles as a warning that none may hold him, but on the inside remains a prisoner. Two minds inhabit the single form—a nameless creature of malevolent cunning, and the Master whose voice he pretends to obey.
|Damage/Lifesteal||1.5% / 2.25% / 3% / 3.75% |
- Lifesteals damage from any allied source.
- Is a decaying slow, weakening over the duration.
- Infest can target ancient creeps at level 2 and 3.
- Lifestealer can still earn experience and gold while infesting.
- Infest dispels debuffs off Lifestealer.
- Lifestealer retains vision while infesting.
- Lifestealer cannot cast spells and items while infesting.
- Lifestealer is considered to be at the same position as his host. Item auras still work and Smoke of Deceit can be broken.
- A visual icon appears over the infested unit, visible to allies only.
|Damage||150 / 275 / 400|
|Self Heal||Infested Enemy Creep's current HP|
- Lifestealer does not heal if cast from within an ally.
- Only heals from enemy/neutral creep infestations.
- Allows you to take control of the unit you are infesting, including their abilities.
- Can only be cast once per infestation. If Lifestealer loses ownership, he cannot take control again.
- If you take control of a unit it will maintain its cover, however it will become attackable by your enemy.
- Controlled units have Lifestealer's movement speed and vision.
- Restores the unit's mana on cast.
Aghanim's Scepter Abilities
- 2 seconds after assimilating an allied hero, the hero can move out of Lifestealer by issuing any order.
- Aghanim's Scepter cannot be dropped or sold by Lifestealer.
- A visual icon appears over Lifestealer, visible to allies only.
- The assimilated ally can eject by clicking on the buff icon.
|+2s Rage Duration||25||+1% Feast Damage/Lifesteal|
|+50% Open Wounds Lifesteal||20||20% Evasion|
|+25 Movement Speed||15||+30 Damage|
|+20 Attack Speed||10||+200 Health|
Should Lifestealer get close to his prey, there is little that can save them. Travelling within a creep or an allied hero, once he nears a foe he explodes from his host body, surprising enemies and tearing into them with his claws.Lifestealer (In-Game Description)
- Standard Lifestealer (Jungle) Build
- Standard Lifestealer (Lane) Build
- DotaFire's Builds & Guides for Lifestealer