Brian "MaNia" Strandby is a professional Dota 2 player from Denmark.
MaNia was one of the most well-known players in Dota for several years, with a professional career beginning in 2006. For most of his Dota career he stayed on Meet Your Makers.
MaNia attended The International 2011 with team Meet Your Makers, along with his teammates DeMoN, Maelk, MiSeRy and PlaymatE. They eventually placed fourth, splitting up a $80,000 prize. A week after this achievement, the whole roster left MYM. MaNia played in the casual team Problem??? for several months, along with his long-time partner in MYM Maelk, but the two of them eventually parted ways as the latter started playing for Evil Geniuses in early 2012.
MaNia was recruited by SK Gaming on January 14, 2012, replacing Calculus in their all Danish line-up (formerly known as MonkeyBusiness) comprised of AngeL, LINK, miGGel and Ryze. His time on the German team only lasted for two weeks, as SK Gaming released his Dota 2 team on January 30. The whole line-up was picked up by Quantic Gaming a month later, as their first ever MOBA team. The roster switched team again on April 29, joining Eclypsia, and losing LINK in the process. In Eclypsia, MaNia partnered up with PlaymatE, his long-time teammate in Meet Your Makers. Their collaboration with the French team ended abruptly on May 3, as the line-up was disbanded citing Eclypsia's failure to keep its side of the bargain. The all Danish roster was recruited by Copenhagen Wolves on May 20, only to leave it after ten days (Copenhagen Wolves claimed that the fault was upon the roster, describing the players as broken promises).
MaNia eventually splitted up with the rest of the Danish roster and planned to retire from the competitive scene, but ultimately joined Absolute Legends on September 25, where he notably partnered up with ComeWithMe. The squad parted ways with the aL organization in June 2013, but soon found a new sponsor in Flip.sid3 Tactics.
In October 2013 MaNia announced his retirement as a professional Dota player, after 8 years in the scene. He stated that his intentions were to focus on helping esports grow by coaching younger players as well as continuing to be involved with the Flipsid3 Tactics organization.
|2015-03-02||1st||Minor||Iron Trophy Europe||3 : 1||$2,000|
|2013-09-28||4th||Major||Techlabs Cup 2013 Season 3||1 : 2||$1,000|
|2013-09-03||1st||Qualifier||EMS One Fall Cup #1||2 : 0||$600|
|2013-07-14||5 - 8th||Premier||RaidCall EMS One Summer Season||0 : 2||$2,000|
|2013-05-05||2nd||Monthly||EIZO Cup #3||0 : 2||$656|
|2013-04-21||3 - 4th||Premier||RaidCall EMS One Spring Season||0 : 2||$4,000|
|2012-03-04||2nd||Premier||The Defense Season 1||2 : 3||$3,304|
|2012-02-02||1st||Minor||D2E Challenge||2 : 1|
No team template exists for name "team_infused".
|2011-08-20||4th||Premier||The International 2011||0 : 2||$80,000|
|2007-12-02||1st||Major||DreamHack Winter 2007||2 : 1||$4,725|
|Complete list of results in any tournament|
- GosuAwards 2008: Best ganker
- 2013-04-14 | Mania: 'The admins have been very partial to EG' by Eric "ReiNNNN" Khor of GosuGamers.net
- 2012-01-27 | MaNia: I bring experience by Mantis. of joinDOTA.com
- 2010-06-27 | MaNia- Interviewed by Hwa Soo "MeaNy-" Cho of GosuGamers.net
- 2009-11-25 | MYM.MaNia- Interview by Matthew "HamstaDawG" Masson of eGamer.co.za
- 2009-08-17 | Interview - MaNia by kiM-
- 2007-07-16 | MYM.MaNia speaks by Patrik "Raistlin" Hellstrand of GosuGamers.net
- "MYM Disband". Dota-Two.com. August 28, 2011.
- "MaNia: I bring experience". joinDOTA.com. December 2011.
- "SK's DotA2 team has been released". SK-Gaming.com. January 30, 2012.
- "SK adds Mania, removes Calculus". SK-Gaming.com. January 14, 2012.
- "Quantic Ventures Into Dota 2; Acquires DD". QuanticGaming.com. February 20, 2012.
- "Eclypsia on Dota 2 with a new team". April 29, 2012. TL.net thread
- "MystresS: Eclypsia refused to pay". joinDOTA.com. May 3, 2012. TL.net thread
- "Wolves welcome Dota 2 ". CopenhagenWolves.dk. May 20, 2012.
- "Dota 2 Part Ways ". CopenhagenWolves.dk. June 1, 2012.
- "MaNia joins Absolute Legends". GosuGamers.net. September 25, 2012.
- "Sun_Tzu" (2013-06-06). "ex-Absolute Legends become Flip.sid3". joinDOTA. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- "What’s next for Quantic… A fresh start for something new!". 7ckngmad.
- "ZeGeR" (2013-10-15). "MaNia Bids Farewell to Professional Dota 2". flipsidetactics.com. Retrieved 2013-10-16.