The move speed aura allows you to chase the enemy and kill them more effectively. The illusions also contribute more damage and cause confusion for the enemy.
The move speed aura allows you to escape ganks and counter-gank more easily. Summoning the illusions also can buy time to escape or confuse the enemy that has to pick a target to use a spell on.
- Tiny can utilize manta style when going for a carry-style of play, mainly from the attack speed and movement speed auras. After he builds Aghanim's Scepter his illusions will do large amounts of damage.
- Chaos Knight: His ultimate, Phantasm, combined with manta style allows him to deal large amounts of damage very quickly, granting him up to 6 illusions at a time.
- Anti-Mage: Anti-Mage's illusions have mana break, allowing him to burn opponents mana twice as fast. Anti-Mage also benefits from the durability, movement speed aura for chasing, attack speed aura, and damage.
- Morphling: He directly benefits from increased stats, which allows him to gain more agility to do damage with adaptive strike. Manta provides increased damage from illusions and durability with its movement speed bonus.
- Phantom Lancer: Manta style illusions can proc his juxtapose, allowing him to get many illusions very quickly.
- Naga Siren: Manta style illusions have Radiance burn, and Diffusal Blade mana burn if naga chooses to get either of these items. The increased damage output of manta illusions also synergizes well with her ensnare and ultimate, allowing time for the illusions to do more damage.
Manta Style generally synergizes well with heroes that have spells that summon illusions, for the same reasons that they have spells that generate illusions in the first place. Getting an item that does the same thing as an innate spell plays to a hero's natural strengths.
- Can be used to dodge some spells during a split second of invulnerability while casting.