Medusa, the Gorgon
|Carry Disabler Durable|
Beauty is power. This thought comforted Medusa—the youngest and loveliest of three beautiful Gorgon sisters, born to a sea goddess—because she alone of the sisters was mortal. It comforted her, that is, until the day masked assailants invaded the Gorgon realm and tore the two immortal sisters from their home, unmoved by their beauty or by their tears. One of the invaders seized Medusa as well, but then cast her aside with a disgusted look: 'This one has the mortal stink upon her. We have no use for that which dies.' Humiliated, enraged, Medusa fled to the temple of her mother and cast herself before the goddess, crying, 'You denied me eternal life—therefore I beg you, give me power! Power, so I can dedicate what life I have to rescuing my sisters and avenging this injustice!' After long thought, the goddess granted her daughter's request, allowing Medusa to trade her legendary beauty for a face and form of terrifying strength. Never for a moment has Medusa regretted her choice. She understands that power is the only beauty worth possessing—for only power can change the world.
|Damage||30% / 45% / 60% / 75%|
|Ability||Applies Attack Modifiers|
- Reduces her base damage and bonus damage. Reduction does not affect the primary target.
- Only the primary target will receive attack modifiers.
- Talent hits all targets with Medusa's attack modifiers.
- Has no effect when attacking allies.
- Extra targets will be the closest enemy units excluding the primary target.
- Range of search for extra targets is determined by Medusa's attack range +100.
- Does not target buildings, wards, and units that are not visible to Medusa.
- Damage increase per bounce:
- 28 / 42 / 56 / 70
- Mana drain is a percentage of the target's maximum mana.
- Always steals the full amount of mana regardless of actual mana drained.
- Bounces to the closest target that hasn't been hit before.
- Bounces to targets in the Fog of War, but not invisible units.
- The mystic snake moves at 800 speed and has 100 flying vision.
|Damage Per Mana||1.6 / 1.9 / 2.2 / 2.5|
- Absorbs damage before any damage reduction takes place, meaning that armor will not reduce the amount of mana needed to absorb damage.
- Affects invisible units but does not reveal them.
- Affects any units that view Medusa at any time during the Gaze.
- Every enemy unit in range that faces Medusa within 85° is affected by Stone Gaze.
- Enemies that turn away from Medusa will stop being affected by the slow. If they turn to look at her again it is reapplied, but the petrify timer is reset.
- Petrification only increases physical damage dealt by attacks. Physical damage from spells is not increased.
- Stops immediately if Medusa is killed.
- Does not affect neutral creeps.
|Split Shot Uses Modifiers||25||+1000 Mana|
|+2.5s Stone Gaze Duration||20||-4s Mystic Snake Cooldown|
|+25% Mystic Snake Mana Steal||15||+30 Attack Speed|
|15% Evasion||10||+15 Damage|
Constant attack is the key to Medusa's success. Using her mana shield to stave off assault, she employs split shots to mow down waves of enemies. Once she gathers her full strength, she becomes a force powerful enough to stop anyone in their tracks.Medusa (In-Game Description)