Yeik "MidOne" Nai Zheng is a Malaysian professional Dota 2 player who currently plays for Team Secret.
MidOne had a profound interest in video games when he was a child. His first video game he played was Tetris on a Gameboy when he was 3-4 years old and later moved to console gaming playing the Final Fantasy series on the Playstation 1. At the age of 7 he played his first computer games: Sonic and Rayman before playing venturing into DotA when he saw his brother playing it. His interest with DotA grew and later transitioned into Dota 2 playing in semi-professional teams to professional teams. While becoming the first player from South-East Asia to reach 8000MMR, he is an up-and-coming Dota 2 talent in Malaysia and South-East Asia. MidOne studies mechanical engineering at Multimedia University (Melaka) Malaysia.
Learning DotA from his brother, he kept on playing against him and his cousins in 1v1 matches. Despite losing, he had a competitive mindset and wanted improve and beat professional players such as kYxY. When he was 13 years old he joined a SMM tournament qualifier and came second place and a few years later he joined small tournaments around Malaysia to further obtain knowledge and experience as a Dota 2 player, while at the same time playing on solo matchmaking to improve his MMR. While playing Dota as an amateur competitively, his parents would tell him to stop playing; ironically his friends would tell MidOne to stop studying and take a break, such as Dota. When MidOne later became a professional player his friends and parents showed bipartisan support for him as a professional gamer.
However, tournament losses made MidOne re-evaluate his Dota career and was on the brink of quitting but a tournament emerged and decided to group up with his friends and players forming Team DOT. After a successful qualification in his region, Penang, his team qualified for the main event beating Team GIZMO 3-0 in the grand finals of the 2015 Mountain Dew Dota 2 Challenge earning a prize of RM60,000. After winning the tournament, he later recieved an offer from Fnatic's manager, Eric and after a number of negotiations he decided to seize the opportunity and join Fnatic. On April 29th 2016, he became the first player to hit 8000 MMR on the Southeast Asia servers. After finishing 3rd place in StarLadder StarSeries S2 and 4th place at The International 2016, his nine month stint at Fnatic came to an end when he joined Team Secret on August 27th, 2016.
- On April 29th, 2016, he became the first player to hit 8000 MMR on the Southeast Asia servers.
- On February 10th, 2017, he became the first Malaysian/Southeast Asia player to hit 9000 MMR on the Europe servers.
- On July 9th, 2017, MidOne became the first player to reach 10,000 MMR on the Southeast Asia servers.
|2018-10-07||1st||Major||PVP Esports Championship||3 : 2||$80,000|
|2018-08-24||5 - 6th||Premier||The International 2018||0 : 2||$1,148,948|
|2018-03-25||1st||Major||DreamLeague Season 9||3 : 0||$125,000|
|2018-01-07||1st||Major||Captains Draft 4.0||3 : 2||$108,000|
|2017-12-03||1st||Premier||DreamLeague Season 8||3 : 0||$500,000|
|2017-10-29||2nd||Premier||ESL One Hamburg 2017||0 : 2||$200,000|
|2017-08-08||9 - 12th||Premier||The International 2017||1 : 2||$370,319|
|2016-08-12||4th||Premier||The International 2016||0 : 2||$1,453,932|
|2016-06-10||5 - 6th||Premier||The Manila Major 2016||0 : 2||$202,500|
|2016-03-05||5 - 6th||Premier||The Shanghai Major 2016||0 : 2||$202,500|
|About achievementsComplete Results in any Tournament|
MidOne during his time on Fnatic
- 2018-05-14 | MidOne on Team Secret: "I have the feeling that no one has an ego right now. We’re moving on as a team instead of as individuals." by Jesper "Julmust" Bergeskans of cybersport.com at EPICENTER XL
- 2017-10-29 | Interview with Secret.MidOne at ESL One Hamburg by 2009 and ShiaoPi of liquiddota.com at ESL One Hamburg 2017
- 2017-08-16 | Team Secret™ - MidOne Talks About Everything! of Team Secret
- 2017-08-07 | TI7 Team Secret Interview by Kaci_Aitchison of Valve at The International 2017
- 2017-02-23 | MidOne on reaching the top of the leaderboards by Ollie Ring of redbull.com
- 2016-12-05 | ROG MASTERS of ASUS ROG (Republic of Gamers) at ROG MASTERS 2016
- 2016-08-13 | TI6 At the Event - Kaci Interviews MidOne by Kaci Aitchison of Valve at The International 2016
- 2016-08-08 | MIDONE - COMFORTABLE AS AN UNDERDOG by OmniEulogy of Liquiddota at The International 2016
- 2016-07-24 | SLi群星联赛S2 采访MidOne：目标夺冠 想成为最屌的中单 by TsppenG at StarLadder i-League StarSeries S2
- 2016-07-21 | Fnatic vs Na`Vi: предматчевое интервью с Miduan by StarLadder at StarLadder i-League StarSeries S2 (trans. )
- 2016-07-13 | Fnatic.MidOne Interview by BeyondTheSummit at The Summit 5
- 2016-07-18 | Exclusive Interview: Fnatic.MidOne – From Zero To Hero by Terry Bass of lowyat.net
- 2016-06-18 | Fnatic MidOne interview at ESL One Frankfurt 2016: "The plan is to win TI" by GosuGamersDota at ESL One Frankfurt 2016
- 2016-02-13 | Fnatic.MidOne interview: "I want to play better than s4" by Ben "PineappleCake" Tan of GosuGamers
- "Spotlight with MidOne". Dafaesports. 2016-08-05. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "Final exam in a few hours. Modern physics and Thermodynamics paper ✔️". MidOne. 2016-03-07. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Ben "PineappleCake" Tan (2016-02-13). "Fnatic.MidOne interview: "I want to play better than s4"". GosuGamers. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Terry Bass (2015-12-07). "Mountain Dew Dota 2 Challenge Champions Only Formed Two Days Before The Event". lowyat.net. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Ollie Ring (2016-06-01). "Which Malaysian pro stars have the highest MMR?". RedBull eSports. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "THE NEXT CHAPTER". Team Secret. 2016-08-27. Retrieved August 29, 2016.