Movement Speed Amp
Sun Wukong, the Monkey King
For 500 years the mountain pressed down upon him, only his head free from the crushing weight of the stonewrought prison the elder gods had summoned to halt his childish rebellion. Moss grew along the lines of his exposed face, tufts of grass sprouted from his ears; his vision was framed in wildflowers reaching from the soil around his cheeks. Most thought him long dead, tormented by the gods for waging war against the heavens until naught but his legend survived. But, as the stories go, the Monkey King cannot die.
So he waited. Until the gods came to offer a chance at absolution, he endured. And when they did come to name the price, Sun Wukong accepted their charge: he would accompany a young acolyte on a secret pilgrimage, protect him from demons and dangers of the road, and guide the man home in possession of a coveted relic. Do that, and humbly obey the human's commands in service to their holy mission, and Wukong would prove himself reformed.
For a change, Sun Wukong fulfilled his oath to the gods with honor, and atoned for the sins of past insurrections. The acolyte, much learned in hardships, was returned to his home temple, relic in hand; and Wukong—finding himself for the first time in proper standing with any gods of consequence—was content for a short while to give up his old thirst for adventure and glory. But the Monkey King was born for mischief...and offending the gods never gets old.
Monkey King enlarges his staff and slams it against the ground, stunning enemies in a line and damaging them with a critical hit
based on his attack. Has True Strike
|Critical Strike:||1.5×/1.75×/2×/2.25× (2.75× )|
The legendary Jingu Bang grows to match its master's will, ensuring no enemy can escape the Monkey King's reach.
- Can hit units up to 1350 range away.
- Applies all of Monkey King's on-hit effects as if he had performed a regular attack on the target.
- Boundless Strike can use a charge of Jingu Mastery to gain both damage and lifesteal. The bonuses affect all targets hit.
- Hitting an enemy hero with Boundless Strike adds to Jingu Mastery's hit counter.
- Blocked by Spell Immunity.
Monkey King jumps to a tree and perches atop it. While perched, he gains the Primal Spring ability—a channeled leap attack. If Monkey King's tree is destroyed, he falls and is stunned for a few seconds. Taking damage from enemy heroes while on the ground puts Tree Dance on cooldown.
|Flying Vision (Day/Night):||800/400 (1100/700 )|
Sun Wukong dances nimbly along the treetop canopy, always just out of arm's reach.
- Monkey King leaps at a speed of 700 toward the tree.
- Tree Dance cooldown starts upon landing.
- Right clicking the ground will climb off the tree.
- Can't hop off the tree while Tree Dance is on cooldown.
- Casting spells and using items reveals fog around the tree, but does not reveal Monkey King.
- Cannot be cast while rooted.
Monkey King springs out from his tree perch, damaging and slowing enemies in the area where he lands. Damage and slow amounts are in proportion to channel duration.
|Damage:||140/210/280/350 (750 )|
Leaping from the safety of cover into the midst of his enemies, Sun Wukong attacks without mercy.
- Monkey King springs out at a speed of 1300.
- This ability can only be used while Monkey King is perched on a tree.
- The sound made while channeling Primal Spring can be heard by enemies.
- Cannot be cast while rooted.
- Blocked by Spell Immunity.
- The slow can be dispelled.
Monkey King's attacks awaken the Jingu Bang's power. Upon the fourth hit on the same enemy hero, Monkey King earns four charged attacks that have bonus damage and lifesteal.
|Bonus Damage:||60/90/120/150 (135/165/195/225 )|
Always sensitive to the moods of its master, the Jingu Bang radiates power when Sun Wukong's combat fervor is on full display.
- Hitting an enemy hero with Boundless Strike adds to the hit counter.
- Boundless Strike can use a charge to gain both damage and lifesteal. The bonuses affect all targets hit.
- Illusions do not increase the counter or display the debuff.
- Hitting the same unit again adds to the hit counter and refreshes the duration.
- After attaining charges, the counter will be disabled until all attack charges have been used.
- The buff lasts until all charges are used or 35 seconds have passed.
- The buff Monkey King gains can be dispelled.
- Disabled by Break.
Monkey King creates a circular formation of soldiers that spread out from his position. If Monkey King leaves the area his soldiers disperse. The soldiers have Monkey King's attack and only target heroes. Monkey King and all his soldiers receive bonus damage for the spell's duration.
|Bonus Armor:||8/14/20 (120 )|
|Ring Radii:||300 |
750 (1100 )
|Soldiers Per Ring:||5 (Ring 1)|
9 (Ring 2) (7 (Ring 3) )
Monkey King rips out a tuft of fur to blow at his enemies, charging each strand to transform into a copy of himself.
- The ultimate ends immediately if Monkey King leaves the outermost ring.
- Soldiers stand in formation and do not move. They attack any hero within 300 range if the hero is in the circle.
- There are 9 soldiers guarding the edge of the circle and 5 soldiers guarding the center.
- Soldiers do not receive Jingu Mastery bonuses.
- Each soldier has 400 ground vision.
- Soldiers' attacks apply Monkey King's on-hit effects. These attacks are considered to originate from the soldier, not Monkey King.
- The soldiers do not apply Basher/Abyssal bash.
Changes Monkey King's shape to deceive opponents, using the environment nearby as inspiration for the disguise. Taking damage, attacking, using an item, or using an ability breaks Monkey King's disguise.
|Movement Speed (Courier):||380|
Watch out for that tree.
- Does not remove visual debuffs, such as Bane's Enfeeble.
- Does not mimic other effects of the target (e.g., cannot be pinged when disguised as a rune).
- Copies a random object within the search radius.
- Valid objects include: Trees, Runes (including rune spots), Aegis (at the Roshan pit), and Cheese (when cheese is droppable).
- If not within range, Monkey King will randomly turn into any of the following: Animal Courier/Flying Courier (allied), Iron Branch, Clarity, Healing Salve, Town Portal Scroll, Tango, and Banana (new or peeled).
- Monkey King is hidden on the minimap when disguised.
- Monkey King cannot be auto-attacked while disguised. This results in lane creeps, neutral creeps, towers, and fountains ignoring him.
- Can be dispelled.
Reverts Monkey King's shape to his original form.
Always in search of a good fight, Monkey King travels atop the trees aiming to spring from leafy cover and surprise his enemies. Calling upon an army of monkey soldiers to overwhelm opponents, this agile trickster revels in the chaos of battle, ready to slam his legendary staff down on any hopes of escape.
Monkey King (In-Game Description)
|| Balance Changes
- Primal Spring mana cost reduced from 130/120/110/100 to 100
- Wukong's Command soldier attack rate improved from 1.4 to 1.3
- Base damage increased from 30 to 32
- Fixed Mischief not showing the right particles for the first bounty rune
- Level 10 Talent increased from +150 Tree Dance Vision AoE to +300
- Level 15 Talent increased from +300 Tree Dance Cast Range to +600
- Level 20 Talent increased from +300 Primal Spring Damage to +400
- Base HP regen increased from 1.5 to 3
- Base movement speed reduced from 305 to 300
- Base damage reduced from 33 to 30
- Jingu Mastery bonus damage rescaled from 75/100/125/150 to 60/90/120/150
- Monkey King no longer destroys trees he is standing on during Scepter Stampede
- Reworked Talent Tree
- Boundless Strike cooldown reduced from 25 to 22
- Wukong's Command Attack Interval improved from 1.6 to 1.4
- Level 10 Talent increased from +10% Evasion to +12% Evasion
- Boundless Strike critical damage increased from 1.4/1.6/1.8/2× to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25×
- Primal Spring max damage increased from 100/180/260/340 to 140/210/280/350
- Tree Dance cooldown reduced from 1.4 to 1.2
- Base HP regen increased from 0.75 to 1.5
- Level 10 Talent from +5 Armor to +10% Evasion
- Wukong's Command attack cooldown improved from 1.7 to 1.6
- Wukong's Command no longer provides 50/70/90 bonus damage
- Wukong's Command provides you with 8/14/20 bonus armor
- Wukong's Command army no longer copy Basher/Abyssal
- Wukong's Command attack rate improved from 2 to 1.7
- Fixed Monkey King carrying Urn of Shadows sometimes wasting charges while Wukong's Command is ongoing
- Fixed Tree Dance causing Monkey King to temporarily have bigger vision than the defined day/night values
- Boundless Strike stun duration reduced from 0.5/1/1.5/2 to 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6
- Primal Spring mana cost rescaled from 100/110/120/130 to 130/120/110/100
- Primal Spring slow from 30/45/60/75% to 20/40/60/80%
- Primal Spring cooldown from 16 to 19/17/15/13
- Strength gain increased from 2.2 to 2.5
- Wukong's Command cooldown increased from 100/85/70 to 130/110/90
- Primal Spring slow rescaled from 40/50/60/70% to 30/45/60/75%
- Spring wind up sound effect can be heard by nearby enemies
- Added to Captains Mode
- Jingu Mastery buff now has a max duration of 35 seconds
- Tree Dance night vision reduced from 800 to 400
- Wukong's Command duration rescaled from 13/14/15 to 13
- Base armor reduced from 0 to -3
- Jingu Mastery bonus damage from 80/120/160/200 to 75/100/125/150
- Jingu Mastery lifesteal from 20/30/40/50% to 15/30/45/60%
- Wukong's Command no longer continues while reincarnating
- Level 15 Talent from +20 Movement Speed to +75 Jingu Mastery Damage
- Level 20 Talent from +15 Strength to +20% Magic Resistance
- Level 25 Talent from +25% Magic Resistance to +25 Strength
- Fixed Jingu Mastery ignoring armor for its lifesteal calculation
- Jingu Mastery counter duration reduced from 15 to 10 seconds
- Boundless Strike critical strike rescaled from 200% to 140/160/180/200%
- New Hero