Sun Wukong, the Monkey King
|Carry Escape Disabler Initiator|
For 500 years the mountain pressed down upon him, only his head free from the crushing weight of the stonewrought prison the elder gods had summoned to halt his childish rebellion. Moss grew along the lines of his exposed face, tufts of grass sprouted from his ears; his vision was framed in wildflowers reaching from the soil around his cheeks. Most thought him long dead, tormented by the gods for waging war against the heavens until naught but his legend survived. But, as the stories go, the Monkey King cannot die.
So he waited. Until the gods came to offer a chance at absolution, he endured. And when they did come to name the price, Sun Wukong accepted their charge: he would accompany a young acolyte on a secret pilgrimage, protect him from demons and dangers of the road, and guide the man home in possession of a coveted relic. Do that, and humbly obey the human's commands in service to their holy mission, and Wukong would prove himself reformed.
For a change, Sun Wukong fulfilled his oath to the gods with honor, and atoned for the sins of past insurrections. The acolyte, much learned in hardships, was returned to his home temple, relic in hand; and Wukong—finding himself for the first time in proper standing with any gods of consequence—was content for a short while to give up his old thirst for adventure and glory. But the Monkey King was born for mischief...and offending the gods never gets old.
- Can hit units up to 1350 range away.
- Applies all of Monkey King's on-hit effects as if he had performed a regular attack on the target.
- Hitting an enemy hero with Boundless Strike adds to the total hit counter for Jingu Mastery.
- Boundless Strike can use a charge of Jingu Mastery to gain both damage and lifesteal. The bonuses affect all targets hit.
- Monkey King leaps at a speed of 700 toward the tree.
- Tree Dance cooldown starts upon landing.
- Right clicking the ground will climb off the tree.
- Can't hop off the tree while Tree Dance is on cooldown.
- Casting spells and using items reveals fog around the tree, but does not reveal Monkey King.
- Monkey King springs out at a speed of 1300.
- This ability can only be used while Monkey King is perched on a tree.
- The sound made while channeling Primal Spring can be heard by enemies.
|Bonus Damage||60 / 90 / 120 / 150 |
135 / 165 / 195 / 225
|Bonus Lifesteal||15% / 30% / 45% / 60%|
- Hitting an enemy hero with Boundless Strike adds to the hit counter.
- Boundless Strike can use a charge to gain both damage and lifesteal. The bonuses affect all targets hit.
- Illusions do not increase the counter or display the debuff.
- Hitting the same unit again adds to the hit counter and refreshes the duration.
- After attaining charges, the counter will be disabled until all attack charges have been used.
- The buff lasts until all charges are used or 35 seconds have passed.
- The ultimate ends immediately if Monkey King leaves the outermost ring.
- Soldiers stand in formation and do not move. They attack any hero within 300 range if the hero is in the circle.
- There are 9 soldiers guarding the edge of the circle and 5 soldiers guarding the center.
- Soldiers do not receive Jingu Mastery bonuses.
- Each soldier has 400 ground vision.
- Soldier attacks apply Monkey King's on-hit effects. These attacks are considered to originate from the soldier, not Monkey King.
- The soldiers do not apply Basher/Abyssal bash.
- Soldiers do not spawn if you are invisible or on trees.
- Does not mimic other effects of the target (e.g., cannot be pinged when disguised as a rune).
- Copies a random object within the search radius:
- Runes (including rune spots)
- Aegis (at the Roshan pit)
- Cheese (when cheese is droppable)
- If not within range, Monkey King will randomly turn into any of the following:
- Animal Courier/Flying Courier (allied)
- Iron Branch
- Healing Salve
- Town Portal Scroll
- Banana (new or peeled)
- If a courier is within range, Monkey King will always turn into a courier.
- Monkey King is hidden on the minimap while disguised.
- Monkey King cannot be auto-attacked while disguised. This results in lane creeps, neutral creeps, towers, and fountains ignoring him.
|+1 Wukong's Command Ring||25||+100 Armor Wukong's Command|
|+400 Primal Spring Damage||20||+50% Boundless Strike Crit|
|+100 Jingu Mastery Damage||15||+600 Tree Dance Cast Range|
|+20 Attack Speed||10||+400 Tree Dance Vision AoE|
Always in search of a good fight, Monkey King travels atop the trees aiming to spring from leafy cover and surprise his enemies. Calling upon an army of monkey soldiers to overwhelm opponents, this agile trickster revels in the chaos of battle, ready to slam his legendary staff down on any hopes of escape.Monkey King (In-Game Description)