From Liquipedia Dota 2 Wiki
Base Attack Time
200 - 290
Roshan, the Immortal
Roshan is a powerful Neutral Creep located in a cavern in the middle of the north-west section of the river. He initially spawns at the very beginning of the game, and will respawn at a random time between 8 and 11 minutes after every death. You may only attack Roshan from inside his pit, although many spells can be cast from outside. If Roshan is ever brought outside of his pit, he will become invulnerable.
When killed, Roshan drops the Aegis of the Immortal;only for his second death he will drop a aghanim's shard and for his third and all subsequent deaths he will also drop Cheese. At his third death, he additionally drops either a Refresher Shard or an Aghanim's Blessing. At the fourth and beyond, he drops all of the above. The hero who kills Roshan will receive a random bonus reward between 200 - 290 gold, and all five members of the team will receive 135 gold.
Every minute (starting at the 0:00 minute mark) Roshan will gain +10 damage to his Slam ability, +115 hp, +6 damage, and +0.375 armor. Roshan's experience bounty also increases by 20 every minute.
Roshan's hardy skin is said to be impenetrable by spells. He will block a targeted spell every few seconds.
- This spell has the same spellblock interactions as Linken's Sphere.
When surrounded, Roshan will slam the ground to shake off his foes, damaging and slowing nearby enemies.
|Damage||70 (+40 every 4 minutes)|
|Hero Slow Duration||2|
|Creep Slow Duration||4|
|Does not pierce Debuff Immunity.|
- Roshan will only cast Slam when there are 3 or more units nearby.
Roshan possesses numerous protective abilities, including the ability to gain stat upgrades as time goes on.
|Bonus Attack Speed||100|
|Illusion Damage Reduction||80%|
- The first armor bonus is given at the 00:00 mark. The health and damage bonuses are given starting at the 01:00 mark.
- The health bonus only increases Roshan's maximum health, so he is not healed every time it upgrades.
- The bonuses increase even while Roshan is dead.
Roshan is permanently phased.
- Roshan can also phase through normally unphaseable units, such as path-blocking wards.
Aegis of the Immortal
- Drops on every Roshan death.
- When the carrier dies, he will respawn at the death location after 5 seconds with full health and mana. The Aegis is consumed in the process.
- After five minutes without being used, the Aegis will be consumed and the carrier will regenerate to full health and mana over 5 seconds. This regeneration is stopped if the carrier takes damage from a tower or hero.
- Cannot be shared or dropped.
- Drops only on Roshan's second death.
- Upgrades some abilities.
- Unlike a bought one, the Aghanim's Shard dropped by Roshan cannot be sold.
- Drops only on Roshan's third death and onwards.
- Consume to restore 2500 Health and 1500 Mana.
- Sells for 500 gold.
- Drops either this or Aghanim's Blessing on Roshan's third death and drops every subsequent death.
- Consume to reset the cooldowns of all your items and abilities.
- Sells for 500 gold.
- Drops either this or Refresher Shard on Roshan's third death and drops every subsequent death.
- Passive: Ultimate Upgrade.
- Upgrade the ultimate, and some abilities, of certain heroes.
- Unlike a bought one, the Aghanim's Blessing dropped by Roshan cannot be sold.
Because of the powerful items and gold received from killing Roshan, he is a large side objective. Many large fights may occur around his pit, and players may try to kill Roshan without being noticed.