Rubick, the Grand Magus
|Support Disabler Nuker|
Any mage can cast a spell or two, and a few may even study long enough to become a wizard, but only the most talented are allowed to be recognized as a Magus. Yet as with any sorcerer's circle, a sense of community has never guaranteed competitive courtesy.
Already a renowned duelist and scholar of the grander world of sorcery, it had never occurred to Rubick that he might perhaps be Magus material until he was in the midst of his seventh assassination attempt. As he casually tossed the twelfth of a string of would-be killers from a high balcony, it dawned on him how utterly unimaginative the attempts on his life had become. Where once the interruption of a fingersnap or firehand might have put a cheerful spring in his step, it had all become so very predictable. He craved greater competition. Therefore, donning his combat mask, he did what any wizard seeking to ascend the ranks would do: he announced his intention to kill a Magus.
Rubick quickly discovered that to threaten one Magus is to threaten them all, and they fell upon him in force. Each antagonist's spell was an unstoppable torrent of energy, and every attack a calculated killing blow. But very soon something occurred that Rubick's foes found unexpected: their arts appeared to turn against them. Inside the magic maelstrom, Rubick chuckled, subtly reading and replicating the powers of one in order to cast it against another, sowing chaos among those who had allied against him. Accusations of betrayal began to fly, and soon the sorcerers turned one upon another without suspecting who was behind their undoing.
When the battle finally drew to a close, all were singed and frozen, soaked and cut and pierced. More than one lay dead by an ally's craft. Rubick stood apart, sore but delighted in the week's festivities. None had the strength to argue when he presented his petition of assumption to the Hidden Council, and the Insubstantial Eleven agreed as one to grant him the title of Grand Magus.
- The lifted unit is stunned while in the air. It is not stunned upon landing.
|Stun Duration||1 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75|
|Maximum Throw Distance||375 |
- The landing stun does not affect the lifted unit, only the units it lands on.
- Destroys trees in a 325 radius upon landing.
- This spell has damage falloff. The damage dealt gets progressively weaker with each jump.
- Jumps every 0.25 seconds. Has no limit to the number of jumps, but only hits each unit once.
|Spell Amplification||14% / 18% / 22% / 26%|
|Debuff Amplification||20% / 28% / 36% / 44%|
- Spell Steal has many unique interactions. For the full list, see here.
- The stolen spell travels as a projectile with 900 speed towards Rubick, and he gains the spell when it is absorbed into his staff.
- If the enemy has an Aghanim's Scepter and Rubick does not, the stolen spell will not be upgraded.
- If Rubick has Aghanim's Scepter, Rubick will always get the upgraded version of the stolen spell even if the enemy did not have a scepter.
- Stolen spells will be off cooldown the first time they are stolen. After that, Rubick will have an internal cooldown for each spell. Stealing a spell again will not refresh the cooldown.
- Stolen spells use Rubick's cast duration, except for spells with a built in extended cast time. This allows Rubick to cast spells faster than his enemies in most cases.
- The spell amplification bonus applies to stolen spells only. Stacks with Rubick's other spell amplification bonuses.
|+50% Spell Amp For Stolen Spells||25||-15s Telekinesis Cooldown|
|+300 Telekinesis Land Distance||20||-5s Fade Bolt Cooldown|
|+75 Fade Bolt Hero Damage Reduction||15||+125 Cast Range|
|+60 Damage||10||+200 Health|
Always seeking a new spell to steal, Rubick is ever eager to turn an enemy's most unique advantage against them. Snatching his enemies into the air to fling them where he will, he has no trouble sowing chaos among careless foes.Rubick (In-Game Description)