I cast the runes.
Rune spawn locations on the map. Click to enlarge image.
Runes are special powerups that spawn at one of two locations in the river. Powerup Runes spawn every two minutes, but do not spawn for the first four minutes of the game, only starting at the 6:00 minute mark. If a Powerup Rune is not picked up after two minutes, it will disappear and be replaced by a different rune. At the 2:00 and 4:00 minute marks, two Water Runes spawn at the locations where Powerup Runes normally spawn.
In the jungle, there are two locations which spawn Bounty Runes every three minutes. In addition to the jungle locations, two additional Bounty Runes spawn in the river (where Powerup Runes normally spawn) at the at 0:00 game time (first creep spawn).
- When a hero is carrying a Bottle, taking the rune will cause it to be stored in the bottle instead of being used.
- The rune can be used at any time by activating the bottle.
- Bottling a rune will not prevent a new one from spawning.
- If the rune is not consumed in 90 seconds from picking it up, it will activate automatically.
- After spending a stored Powerup Rune, the bottle is refilled to max charges. Bottling a bounty rune or a water rune only replenishes to 2 bottle charges, leaving it unmaxed. If the bottle is at max charges, the bounty rune will be used instead of stored.
- The Courier cannot bottle runes, and bottles with a stored rune are unshareable and undroppable.
There are several types of Powerup Runes, each giving you a different and powerful effect for a short duration. The buffs granted by runes can be dispelled.
Double Damage Rune
When activated, the Rune of Double Damage increases base attack damage.
|The buff is applied to the user's controlled illusions within 500 range upon activation.|Notes
- Only affects base damage.
- The electric blue visual effect is visible to enemies.
When activated, the Rune of Haste increases movement speed to maximum and applies haste
, making the user immune to slows
- The red trailing visual effect is also visible to enemies.
When activated, the Rune of Illusion creates controllable illusions of your hero.
|Melee Illusion Damage Taken||200%|
|Ranged Illusion Damage Taken||300%|
When activated, the Rune of Regeneration grants hp and mana regeneration based a percentage of the user's maximum values.
|Max HP Regen Per Second||6%|
|Max Mana Regen Per Second||6%|Notes
- The effect ends if the hero replenishes all health and mana or receives damage from an enemy player or Roshan.
When activated, the Rune of Invisibility turns the user invisible
after a short fade time.
When activated, the Arcane Rune will cause all spell and item cooldowns, as well as mana costs, to be reduced.
|Mana Cost/Loss Reduction||30%|Notes
- Stacks with Octarine Core.
- The purple visual effect is visible to enemies.
There is one in each of the safe lane jungles throughout the map, granting a gold bonus for all allied heroes when picked up.
When activated, the Rune of Bounty will grant gold
to each player on the user's team.
- A bottled Bounty Rune grants gold upon activation, not when it is bottled.
- A Bounty Rune will not disappear even if it is not picked up before a new one spawns.
- Gold provided by a Bountry Rune is Reliable gold.
Below is a table of Bounty Rune gold values when collected at various times during a game:
When activated, the Rune of Water instantly restores a small amount of health and mana.