I cast the runes.
Rune spawn locations on the map. Click to enlarge image.
Runes are special powerups that spawn at one of two locations in the river. Powerup Runes spawn every 2 minutes, but do not spawn at the start of the game, only starting at the 2:00 minute mark. If a Powerup Rune is not picked up after 2 minutes, it will disappear and be replaced by a different rune. Powerup Runes spawn different runes on both sides of the river after the 40:00 minute mark.
In the jungle, there are 4 locations which spawn Bounty Runes. Bounty Runes do not spawn in the river. Instead they spawn in the jungle, starting at 0:00 game time (first creep spawn).
Runes respawn every 2 minutes.
- When a hero is carrying a , taking the rune will cause it to be stored in the bottle instead of being used.
- The rune can be used at any time by activating the bottle.
- Bottling a rune will not prevent a new one from spawning.
- If the rune is not consumed in 2 minutes from picking it up, it will activate automatically.
- After spending a stored Powerup Rune, the bottle is refilled to max charges. Bottling a bounty rune only replenishes to 2 bottle charges, leaving it unmaxed. If the bottle is at max charges, the bounty rune will be used instead of stored.
- The cannot bottle runes, and bottles with a stored rune are unshareable and undroppable.
There are several types of Powerup Runes, each giving you a different and powerful effect for a short duration. The buffs granted by runes can be dispelled.
Double Damage Rune
When activated, the Rune of Double Damage increases base attack damage.
|The buff is applied to the user's controlled illusions within 500 range upon activation.|Notes
- Only affects base damage.
- The electric blue visual effect is visible to enemies.
When activated, the Rune of Haste increases movement speed to maximum and applies haste
, making the user immune to slows
- The red trailing visual effect is also visible to enemies.
When activated, the Rune of Illusion creates controllable illusions of your hero.
|Melee Illusion Damage Taken||200%|
|Ranged Illusion Damage Taken||300%|
When activated, the Rune of Regeneration grants hp and mana regeneration based a percentage of the user's maximum values.
|Max HP Regen Per Second||6%|
|Max Mana Regen Per Second||6%|Notes
- The effect ends if the hero replenishes all health and mana or receives damage from an enemy player or Roshan.
When activated, the Rune of Invisibility turns the user invisible
after a short fade time.
When activated, the Arcane Rune will cause all spell and item cooldowns, as well as mana costs, to be reduced.
|Mana Cost/Loss Reduction||30%|Notes
- Stacks with .
- The purple visual effect is visible to enemies.
There is one in each of the four jungles throughout the map, granting a gold bonus for all allied heroes when picked up.