Nortrom, the Silencer
|Carry Support Disabler Initiator Nuker|
Part of the seventh and final generation of a carefully designed pedigree, Nortrom was bred by the ancient order of the Aeol Drias to be the greatest magic user the world had ever seen. He was the prophesied one, the culmination of two-hundred years of careful pairings, a war-mage who would bring glory to the order, and destruction to their sworn enemies, The Knights of the Fold.
Raised with other young mages in a hidden cantonment among the hills of the Hazhadal barrens, the order's preceptors waited for Nortrom's abilities to manifest. While the other students honed their talents with fire, or ice, or incantatory spells, Nortrom sat silent and talentless, unable to cast so much as a hex. As the day of final testing approached, he still hadn't found his magic. In disgust, the preceptors berated him, while the children laughed. "You are no mage," the head of the order declared. Still, Nortrom did not slink away. He entered the day of testing and faced down the young mages who had mocked him. And then his preceptors learned a valuable lesson: a lack of magic can be the greatest magic of all. Nortrom silenced the young mages one by one and defeated them in single combat, until he alone stood as champion of the Aeol Drias, in fulfillment of the prophecy.
- Total damage without additional stacks:
- 96 / 144 / 192 / 240
- Total damage added by each stack:
- 80 / 120 / 160 / 200
- The stack duration directly increases the total duration of the debuff.
- The debuff is paused when an affected enemy is silenced. The duration does not tick down, but the enemy takes no damage.
- Each cast creates a separate debuff on targets. The damage and slow from multiple debuffs stack.
If an enemy hero dies nearby, Silencer will permanently steal Intelligence from that hero. A hero cannot have less than one intelligence, so if killed, Silencer will not receive any intelligence from it.
- You have vision over the target while the initial debuff is on them.
- Stops most in-game sounds for the duration. Applies to enemies only.
|+1.5s Global Silence||25||+16% Glaives of Wisdom Damage|
|+15% Arcane Curse Slow||20||+100 Attack Range|
|+2 Intelligence Steal||15||+20 Arcane Curse Damage|
|+20 Attack Speed||10||+5 Armor|
Silencer changes the dynamic of every battle when he shuts down the enemy's ability to cast their spells. As he cuts his foes to ribbons with his glaive, he steals their intelligence to add to his own, ensuring his foes are always at a disadvantage.Silencer (In-Game Description)
- Standard Silencer (Lane) Build
- Standard Silencer (Middle) Build
- DotaFire's Builds & Guides for Silencer