Slark, the Nightcrawler
|Carry Escape Disabler Nuker|
Little known to the inhabitants of the dry world, Dark Reef is a sunken prison where the worst of the sea-bred are sent for crimes against their fellows. It is a razor barbed warren full of murderous slithereen, treacherous Deep Ones, sociopathic meranths. In this dim labyrinth, patrolled by eels and guarded by enormous anemones, only the vicious survive. Pitched into Dark Reef for crimes unknown, Slark spent half a lifetime without kin or kindness, trusting no one, surviving through a combination of stealth and ruthlessness, keeping his thoughts and his plans to himself. When the infamous Dark Reef Dozen plotted their ill-fated breakout, they kept their plans a perfect secret, murdering anyone who could have put the pieces together—but somehow Slark discovered their scheme and made a place for himself in it. Ten of the Dozen died in the escape attempt, and two were captured, hauled back to Dark Reef, then executed for the entertainment of their fellow inmates. But Slark, the unsung thirteenth, used the commotion as cover and slipped away, never to be caught. Now a furtive resident of the carnivorous mangrove scrub that grips the southern reach of Shadeshore, Slark remains the only successful escapee from Dark Reef.
- After a short delay, Dark Pact begins damaging in a series of 10 pulses every 0.1 seconds.
- Each pulse applies a strong dispel to Slark. If Slark dies, the pulses immediately stop.
- The self damage is non-lethal.
- On cast, Slark leaps forward at a speed of 933, stopping early if he latches onto an enemy unit in a 95 radius along the 700 distance.
- Moving more than 100 distance away in less than 0.03 seconds will break the leash.
- Trees are destroyed in a 200×200 rectangle around Slark's landing area.
- Blink, teleport, or other movement abilities cannot break the leash.
- Force Staff can break the leash.
- Scepter also doubles the speed.
- When an enemy hero dies under the effect of Essence Shift, the hero will revive with their attributes restored but Slark will not immediately lose his agility gained.
Additionally, when not visible to the enemy team, Slark gains bonus movement speed and health regeneration.
- When cast, the Slark becomes invisible for 4 seconds, this invisibility is not broken by casting abilities, using items, or attacking. True Sight from any source does not reveal him either.
- While invisible from this ability's active effect, a visible dark cloud effect is shown at Slark's position.
- If Slark is damaged by a neutral creep, the passive effect is disabled for 2 seconds.
|+65s Essence Shift duration||25||+1s Shadow Dance Duration|
|+0.8s Pounce Leash||20||+120 Dark Pact Damage|
|15% Lifesteal||15||+20 Attack Speed|
|+7 Agility||10||+9 Strength|
Pouncing into danger then slipping back out is what Slark does best. He rushes at the chance to pin or corner a lone foe, steals their essence with each cut from his dagger, and is always ready to vanish should the tables turn.Slark (In-Game Description)