Kardel Sharpeye, the Sniper
Kardel Sharpeye was born deep in the mountainous valleys of Knollen where, since time immemorial, the folk have survived by hunting the strange, cliff-dwelling steepstalkers above their village—killing them from a distance and collecting their carcasses where they fell. Sharpeye was among the best of these strange folk for whom projectile weapons are but another appendage, and to shoot is as natural as to touch.
On his day of summoning, when he was to gain full standing in his village, Sharpeye took the ancient test: a single shot from the valley floor to strike a beast down from the cliffs. To miss was to be dishonored. With his entire village standing vigil, Sharpeye took his shot. A steepstalker fell; the crowd cheered. But when the carcass was collected, the village grew silent, for the elders found that the bullet had pierced its glittering central eye then fallen to be clenched in the steepstalker's mandibles. This ominous sign was the literal opening of a dark prophecy, foretelling both greatness and exile for the gunman who made such a shot. Sharpeye the Sniper was thus, by his own skill, condemned to make his way apart from his people—and unwelcome back among them until he has fulfilled the remainder of the prophecy by attaining legendary stature on a field of battle.
Death from a distance is Sniper's specialty. He keeps his enemies on their toes with a steady barrage of firepower, and then when the time is right, picks them off with a kill shot.
Consumes a charge to launch a ball of shrapnel that showers the target area in explosive pellets. Enemies are subject to damage and slowed movement. Reveals the targeted area.
|Damage Per Second||25/40/55/70 |
|Movement Speed Slow||12%/18%/24%/30% |
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
Kardel's modular rifle also fires incendiary rounds, useful for assaulting entrenched locations.
- Total damage:
- Deals 11 instances of damage over its duration.
- After casting, there is a short delay before Shrapnel begins hitting the area.
- Shrapnel's slow and damage does not stack with itself.
- Provides 450 flying vision of the area.
Sniper increases his accuracy, giving him a chance to deal extra damage and knock back his enemies. Headshots briefly slow enemy movement and attack speed slowed.
|Bonus Damage||20/50/80/110 |
|The slow does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
|Disabled by break.|
|Illusion does not gain this ability.|
Taking potshots at steepstalkers in his childhood has been thoroughly refined into perfect leads on enemy combatants.
- When a unit is headshot, a confusion visual appears over their head.
- Works on allied creeps when denying.
- Damage is non-crittable, but can be leeched with lifesteal.
- Target is pushed 35 distance away whenever Headshot procs. This does not disable the target.
Extends the attack range of Sniper's rifle. Can be activated to provide Headshot chance for few seconds.
|Passive Attack Range Bonus||100/200/300/400|
|Active Headshot Proc Chance Bonus||60%|
|Active Self Move Speed Slow||45%/40%/35%/30%|
|The passive attack range increase is disabled by break.|
|Illusions gain this ability.|
Kardel always takes it upon himself to stay as far from harm as he can while still performing his role—taking perfect aim.
Sniper locks onto a target enemy unit, and after a few seconds fires a devastating shot that deals damage at long range, and mini-stuns the target.
|Causes Assassinate to fire quicker and disable the enemy target.|
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
|Blocked by Linken's Sphere and echoed by Lotus Orb.|
In order to fulfill the prophecy and return to his home town, Kardel must make another shot as perfect as the one on the day of his ancient test.
- The projectile travels at 2500 speed.
- Crosshair visual is only visible to allies. Enemies can see the debuff however.
- Gives true sight of the target for 2 seconds.
- Assassinate can be disjointed after the projectile is fired, but not while Sniper is casting the spell.
Launches a grenade at the target area, dealing damage to enemies and knocking them and Sniper himself back. Enemies affected are disarmed and have their movement slowed after the knockback.
|Self Knockback Distance||475|
|This ability is granted by Aghanim's Shard.|
- Mana Cost increased from 50 to 75
- Radius decreased from 450 to 400
- Concussive Grenade
- Now cannot be used while Rooted or Leashed
- Level 10 Talent +15 Damage replaced with +30 Headshot Damage
- Damage increased from 320/485/650 to 320/510/700