StarLadder StarSeries Season 9
Online League Play,
- Group Stage
- Two groups of four teams in a best-of-one round robin.
- Top two teams advance to the upper bracket and the bottom two advance to the lower bracket.
- All matches are played in a Best of One series.
- Double Elimination Bracket with four teams seeded into the upper and lower bracket respectively.
- First two round of lower bracket are played in Best of One format.
- All other matches except Grand Finals are played in Best of Three format.
- Grand Finals are played in a Best of Five Series.
The sponsored prize pool was set at $80,000 but an additional $2.50 for each StarSeries 9 Bundle sold will be added to the prize pool.
The total prize pool was at ~$229,000 USD (~$149,000 added, excluding ~$40,000 for team travel costs), as of April 20th, 2014.
The final prize pool split among the teams at the award ceremony was ~$189,000.
Official casters for the tournament are: