StarLadder i-League Invitational Season 3
GSL Group Stage
Single Elimination Playoffs
StarLadder i-League Invitational Season 3 will have the honour of kicking off the 2017-2018 competitive Dota 2 LAN season.
The first tournament of the new Dota 2 competitive season will be held in Kiev from the 12th to 15th of October, revisiting the same illustrious city where VG.R stormed to victory at the first SL i-League Invitational and where OG claimed their fourth Valve Major. Eight teams will fight for a $300,000 USD prize pool as well as qualification points for The International 2018.
Champions of The International 2017, Team Liquid, will defend their title, having won the previous SL i-League Invitational in May 2017.
- 2 invited teams: Team Liquid and Newbee
- 6 qualifier teams from each region
- Group Stage
- Two groups of four teams
- Double-elimination (GSL) format with matches played in Bo3.
- Top two from each group advance to Playoffs.
- Four teams play in a single-elimination bracket
- Semifinals is in Bo3, finals is in Bo5.
The prize pool of the tournament is $300,000 USD and 300 Pro Circuit Points.