The Defense Season 5
The Defense is back with The Defense Season 5 following nearly a 2 year break! The tournament features 18 teams competing for a prize pool of more than $75,000 USD; and, for the first time in the history of The Defense, the tournament will feature LAN finals.
- First Stage: Twelve teams join the first group stage (two groups of six), with six teams progressing to the second stage.
- The teams play Bo2s, with each 2-0 being worth 3 points, each 1-1 being worth 1, and each 0-2 being worth 0
- Second Stage: The six teams progressing from stage 1 will be divided again into two groups of six after being joined by six directly invited teams.
- Third Stage and Final Stage Details of the playoffs as well as the first-ever The Defense LAN finals will be released in the future.
The base prize pool set by joinDota is $75,000. 25% of proceeds from all purchases of the DotaTV ticket and item bundle will be added to the prize pool.
As of December 6th, 2015, the prize pool was $78,586. 
|5th-12th||-||-||4 Clover & Lepricon|
|Ninjas in Pyjamas|
|Monkey Freedom Fighters|
Stage 1 Invites
Stage 2 Invites
For detailed results, see this.
- Defense 5 prize tracker
- "The STARK era begins". http://stark.gg/.+September 28, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- Liquid`Nazgul (October 9, 2015). "Liquid Reincarnation". Teamliquidpro.com. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
- OG Dota 2 (31 October 2015). "Monkey Business is now OG". VKontakte. Retrieved 31 October 2015.