(≃ $244,885 USD)
On March 29th 2014, the WPC League (World E-Sports Professional Classic League) will return for its second season. The Shanghai E-Sports Competitive Center venue will once again host twelve top teams in Asia and this time also four of the top western Dota 2 teams. The teams will compete in two divisions, and the Offline Finals will feature six of Asia's best against the top two western teams.
Approximately ¥1,530,000 (~$245,000) in prize money will be split among the teams as follows.
|Place||$ USD||¥ CNY||Team|
|1st||$160,048||¥ 1,000,000||Invictus Gaming|
|2nd||$48,015||¥ 300,000||Team DK|
(Converted USD prizes are based on the currency rate on Jun 2, 2014: 1 CNY ≃ 0.16005 USD.)
- League Play
- Twelve teams from China and SEA.
- Top six teams advance to the playoffs.
- Five teams from Europe and America.
- Top two teams advance to the playoffs.
- Group Stage:
- 8 qualified teams from regular season are divided into two groups.
- Group A: West #1, East #1, East #2, East #3.
- Group B: West #2, East #4, East #5, East #6.
- Group standings will determine seeding for the playoffs.
- Single Elimination eight team bracket.
- Best of Three matches except Grand Finals, which are Best of Seven.
- Note: Group Stage is played only to determine team seeding into the Playoffs Bracket.