Yusuke "Momochi" Momochi (born February 12, 1986) is a Japanese Street Fighter player. He is an EVO champion, having won Ultra Street Fighter IV in 2015, as well as a Capcom Cup champion. Momochi is known for being an exceptionally cold and precise player, and rarely expressing emotion while playing.
Momochi's play style revolves around his impeccable neutral game, where he mainly focuses on whiff punishing and hit confirming. In general, he constantly weighs the odds of his actions and tries to play safely, using his extensive game and character knowledge to pick apart his opponent's mistakes. Although Momochi is not a character loyalist, his fame was built around his exceptional Ken play in Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter V.
|2018-09-02||2nd||Premier||Final Fighters China 2018||2 : 3||Oil King||$3,000|
|2018-07-13||5 - 6th||Premier||ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational 2018||2 : 3||Problem X||$5,000|
|2017-12-10||9 - 12th||Premier||Capcom Cup 2017||1 : 3||Daigo Umehara||$2,000|
|2017-09-21||1st||Major||KNOCKOUT 2017||3 : 0||Yukadon||$12,000|
|2017-05-26||5 - 6th||Premier||ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational 2017||$5,000|
|2016-10-09||2nd||Premier||South East Asia Major 2016||$3,000|
|2016-06-26||3rd||Premier||Community Effort Orlando 2016||2 : 3||Tokido||$2,337|
|2015-07-19||1st||Premier||Evolution Championship Series 2015||$33,362|
|2014-12-13||1st||Premier||Capcom Cup 2014||3 : 1||Xian||$30,000|
|About achievementsComplete Results in any Tournament|
- Momochi is a very calm person; he doesn't usually care to show emotion even outside of the game.
- He is married to Chocoblanka.
- Known for his whiff punishes, hit confirms and overall mental fortitude at tournaments.
- Momochi's Cody play in Super Street Fighter IV made him a fan favorite in tournaments.
- Other professional players refer to Momochi's play style as clean.
- Although Momochi is seen as a cold-hearted player, he does care about pleasing his fans while choosing characters.