On October 8th, 2019 Blizzard Entertainment released an article announcing there was a competition rule violation during a post-match interview at GrandMasters 2019 Season 2 - Asia-Pacific, the reason being his support for pro-democracy protests against the Chinese central government in Hong Kong. Due to this, blitzchung was removed from Grandmasters and won't recieve any prizing from the tournament. Additionally, he is also ineligible to participate in Hearthstone esports for 12 months beginning October 5th, 2019 and extending to October 5th, 2020. 
Due in part to widespread backlash both within and outside of the Hearthstone community, however, on October 12th, 2019 Blizzard scaled back much of blitzchung's punishment. In an official statement, Blizzard President J. Allen Brack announced that blitzchung's $10,000 in total winnings for Grandmasters 2019 Season 2 (including the $1,000/week appearance fee) would in fact be rewarded, and his ban would be reduced to six months. In addition, in a separate statement blitzchung personally announced that he will be reinstated into Grandmasters for its first season in 2020.
Blitzchung will be able to compete in the first Grandmasters tournament of 2020, even if it occurs prior to to the cessation of his six-month ban; as such, he is effectively only banned from participating in official Masters Tour tournaments occurring prior to April 5th, 2020.
|2018-11-03||5 - 6th||Tier 1||2018 Hearthstone Global Games||2 : 3||$5,000|
|2017-06-16||25 - 32nd||Tier 1||2017 Hearthstone Global Games||2 - 3||Grp. S.||$1,000|
|About achievementsPlayer from any Tournament|
- "Hearthstone Grandmasters Asia-Pacific Ruling". Blizzard Entertainment. 2019-10-08.
- "Blizzard Entertainment cuts punishment for HK gamer in protests row". Reuters.
- "Regarding Last Weekend’s Hearthstone Grandmasters Tournament". Blizzard Entertainment. 2019-10-12.
- "Personal statement, view on Blizzard's decision and future planning". blitzchung. 2019-10-12.
- ""We believe first and foremost in supporting players and encouraging them to engage and to speak out on the things about which they are most passionate."". Tempo Storm. 2019-10-31.