Arthas Menethil, The Lich King, is a Melee Warrior class hero in Heroes of the Storm that specializes in serving as a damage sponge in fights and in providing strong chasing potential in engagements. He was first introduced in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos where he was a playable Paladin who eventually, while under the influence of the mighty sword Frostmourne, turned into a Death Knight. He returned as a playable character in the expansion, The Frozen Throne during which events he turned into the Lich King. Eventually, he served as a boss in the World of Warcraft expansion Wrath of the Lich King. He was one of the initial 18 heroes in the Technical Alpha phase of the game.
Strategy and Role
Once the crown prince of Lordaeron and the protégé of the legendary paladin Uther the Lightbringer, Prince Arthas fell to darkness. In a desperate bid to save his people he was corrupted by the cursed blade Frostmourne, its hatred consuming him. Now he serves the Lich King as a death knight eternally bound to his terrible destiny...and always a little cold.
Lore connections to other heroes
- Adoptive nephew and scholar of Uther
- Nemesis of Illidan Stormrage
- Was the love interest of Jaina Proodmoore before he fought against the Scourge
- Turned Sylvanas into a Banshee while defeating the Blood Elves
- Accidentally killed Muradin Bronzebeard by taking the Cursed Runeblade Frostmourne
- Anub'arak served under him
- Once friends, now enemies with Kael'Thas Sunstrider and Varian Wrynn
|June 30 2015||