This page contains a list of terms and definitions that are commonly found when discussing Heroes of the Storm.
General Game-play terms
- Attack Speed
- Capture Point
- See Stealth.
- At the back of each teams' base is their Core. A team wins the game by destroying the other team's Core. It has Stealth detection, a powerful attack that does not run out of Ammunition, and a Shield that regenerates after not being attacked for a while.
- Creep Wave
- Refers to the constantly spawning groups of minions that spawn for each side and attack down each Lane.
- Garden Terror
- Healing Well
- See Fountain.
- A general term for a hero's strongest ability, 'R', that they obtain at level 10.
- A path down which Creep Waves and Mercenaries attack. All Structures are aligned to defend a lane.
- An ability or buff to your hero that is always active.
- Pushing refers to killing enemy Creep Waves in a Lane to allow your own minions to get closer to the enemy base. This gives more vision and control over the map, and gives the option of attacking enemy structures.
- Regeneration Globe
- Before getting a profile level of 25, new heroes you play will be Talent-Gated. This means that you have to level up each hero to a certain point to unlock the option of choosing from all talents for that hero. A hero that is level 4 will have all talents unlocked. After profile level 25 Talent-Gating is removed, and all talents are unlocked regardless of hero levels.
- See Fountain.
Non Game-play Terms
- To Be Determined or Decided.