Gold is used to buy Heroes and skins. You can earn Gold by finishing a game in any mode (Co-op or Versus), by completing Daily Quests, or by reaching certain Hero Levels with any Hero.
There are 4 different Gold prices for Heroes.:
- 2,000 (E.T.C., Li Li, Malfurion, Muradin, Raynor, Valla)
- 4,000 (Gazlowe, Illidan, Sonya, Tassadar)
- 7,000 (Arthas, Diablo, Falstad, Kerrigan, Rehgar, Sgt. Hammer, Stitches, Tychus, Tyrael, Tyrande, Uther, Zagara)
- 10,000 (Abathur, Anub'arak, Azmodan, Brightwing, Chen, Jaina, Johanna, Kael'thas, Murky, Nazeebo, Nova, Sylvanas, Zeratul)
During the first two weeks after a Hero's launch, they will be listed for an introductory price of 15,000 Gold.
Every Hero has one Master Skin that can also be bought with 10,000 Gold; you can buy the Master Skin of a Hero once you have reached Hero Level 10.
Hero Level Rewards
There is a Gold reward for Hero Level Progression. Each time one of your Heroes attains one of these Levels, you are awarded with Gold instantly.
- Hero Level 5 -- 500 Gold
- Hero Level 9 -- 750 Gold
- Hero Level 15 -- 1,000 Gold
- Hero Level 20 -- 2,000 Gold
Player Level Rewards
There is a Gold reward for Player Level progression. When you reach these Player Levels, you are awarded with Gold instantly.
- Player Level 2 -- 1,000 Gold
- Player Level 4 -- 1,000 Gold
- Player Level 8 -- 2,000 Gold
- Player Level 10 -- 2,000 Gold
- Player Level 20 -- 2,000 Gold
- Player Level 25 -- 2,000 Gold
- Player Level 30 -- 2,000 Gold
- Player Level 35 -- 2,000 Gold
- Player Level 40 -- 2,000 Gold