Diablo Eternal Conflict
The Eternal Conflict between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells still rages within the nexus. Now the hosts of the angels and demons have turned their attention to a new source of power: The Infernal Shrines. These mystical monuments are located within a three lane battleground. Periodically, one of the map's three shrines will become empowered, drawing each team to claim its might before the other can. These shrines are winner -takes-all. Upon activation, waves of skeletons will be summoned, and the first team to kill thirty of these creatures will unleash a powerful monster called a punisher. This ally will not only help you attack your enemy's structures, but also the enemy team itself. The punisher is relentless. It will leap over obstacles, including gates, to unleash a torrent of attacks directly onto a hero. Each summoned punisher also emerges with one of three random attributes: Mortar, which fires volleys of powerful ranged attacks in all directions. Frozen, which summons exploding traps of ice which can lock enemies in place for several seconds. Arcane which unleashes searing rotating beams of magical destruction.
When pushing with a punisher, your team will have to decide how far to follow when it attacks enemy heroes. Tenacious pursuit may finish off weakened enemies, but it may also overextend your team in hostile territory. When facing a punisher, try drawing it away from the protection of its team and burning it down as fast as possible. The monster has a limited range of engagement; offering up a durable hero as bait may leave it exposed to quick, lethal damage.
Keep in mind the position of the five mercenary camps. Two are near the middle, but three are close to the lower shrine. If one team dominates this area, they may clear multiple camps. When this happens alongside a punisher, a sinngle push can become truly terrifying. In this battleground, teams must boldly seize opportunities—will you claim the might of the Infernal Shrines, or will you fall before the punisher?
Battle Ground Objectives
- Activate the Shrines
- The Infernal Shrines periodically gather power. Activate them and prepare for a fight.
- Defeat Guardians
- Slay 40 Guardians before the enemy team to bring forth a mighty Punisher.
- Beware the Punisher
- Punishers have one of three devastating powers. Be careful, they focus on attacking Heroes above all else.
Secondary Battlefield Objectives
The Infernal Shrines shares the same types of mercenaries as the Battlefield of Eternity. There are two Fallen Shaman camp and Three Khazra camps, but no Boss. The Shaman camps are located between the top and the middle lanes, two of the Khazra camps are between the middle and bottom lanes, and the last Khazra camp in the center of the bottom of the map.
- These malformed demons never stray too far from a pack of Fallen Hounds, and will quickly resurrect any Hounds that are killed in combat. Those who value their souls would be wise to first destroy the Shaman before targeting its Hound companions.
- The half human, half goat creatures that inhabit Battlefield of Eternity are tough, ranged attackers that won’t hesitate to rain spears on their foes. Defeat the Khazra at their camps to harness their destructive appetite before the enemy team.