- New Champion Lillia
- Spirit Blossom skins
Hi, we’re so happy you’re here!
Take this portal if you're looking for TFT's patch notes!
This patch, we welcome the arrival of the Spirit Blossom Festival, first with the entrance of Lillia, our brave guardian from Ionia, and then the return of Nexus Blitz (oh yes, it’s back!), all set in an ethereal realm of wondrous magic and bloom.
Then, greetings to a refreshed Swain! We’re hoping these spicy changes (higher cast cadence and huge bump up in range) will fire up his power both as a mid laner and support. We’ve also taken another pass at Aphelios to tone down his dominance and fine-tune the synergy of his Flamethrower with Runaan’s.
For the rest of our changelist, we’ve made some Pro-targeted adjustments to champions like Shen and Lee Sin to encourage more diversity in their lanes, while also nudging old friends like Caitlin and Gragas back onto the scene.
In addition, we’re giving some folks a couple visual changes and audio fixes, focusing on champions with effects that have become outdated in comparison to their newer peers.
Oh, and one more thing— we’ve brought more flex into Flex queue by lifting rank restrictions! We know, we’re just flexing at this point.
Now, go forth. It’s your time to blossom.
Hanna “shio shoujo” Woo
Tricia "mom cat" Tan
- 1 Mid-Patch Updates
- 2 Patch Highlights
- 3 More Flexible (Ranked) Flex
- 4 Champions
- 5 VFX Updates
- 6 Items
- 7 Runes
- 8 Nexus Blitz: The Temple of the Lily and Lotus
- 9 ARAM Balance Changes
- 10 Bugfixes/QoL Changes
- 11 Upcoming Skins & Chromas
- 12 Additional Content
7/24/2020 Nexus Blitz Balance Changes and Bugfixes
- ASHE : ⇒ -3% damage dealt
- LEBLANC : ⇒ -5% damage taken
- MASTER YI : ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- NIDALEE : ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- NUNU & WILLUMP : ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- SETT : ⇒ -3% damage dealt
- TALON : ⇒ -5% damage taken
- VOLIBEAR : ⇒ -3% damage dealt
- WARWICK : ⇒ -5% damage taken
- WUKONG : ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +3% damage taken
- ZOE : ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- ALISTAR : ⇒ +5% damage taken
- KAI'SA : ⇒ +3% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- KOG'MAW : ⇒ -10% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- LISSANDRA : ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- NEEKO : ⇒ -5% damage taken
- SWAIN : ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- TALIYAH : ⇒ -3% damage taken
- DPS RACE DURATION : ⇒ 75 seconds
- FIRST EVENT BONUS GOLD : All players will no longer receive bonus gold at the end of the first event
- LETHAL WEAPON : Fixed a bug where the Nexus would sometimes take lethal damage without ending the game
- GET OUT OF MY WAY : Fixed a bug where the Nexus could sometimes be bodyblocked by teammates
- CAT TRAP : Fixed a bug where Yuumi would end up Rooted and Untargetable if Protect the Soraka ended while she'd dash to Soraka
7/22/2020 Ahri VFX Addition and Maw of Malmortius Bugfix
- VFX UPDATE : Popstar Ahri's dance VFX has also been updated as a part of her 10.15 VFX update
Maw of Malmortius
- LIFELINE BUGFIX : Maw of Malmortius' UNIQUE passive, Lifeline, no longer absorbs more than 350 magic damage at moments where the player's maximum health would be reduced below 30%.
More Flexible (Ranked) Flex
With the introduction of Clash and its unrestricted rank system for full teams of 5, we’ve decided to apply the same approach to Ranked Flex queues, allowing players to get in ranked games with their Bronze buddies, Challenger chums, or whoever!
Similar to Clash, the system will use a weighted average that leans more towards higher skill players, so be warned before attempting to drag your Bronze friends through Diamond-level games. Have fun!
Riot (Patch 10.15)
Lillia prances into action in patch 10.15!Riot (Patch 10.15)
- Lillia Biography
- Lillia Champion Insights
- Lillia Abilities Rundown
- Lillia Champion Teaser: Beyond the Garden
High-res version of Lillia's splashes are available on League Displays!
Q sentry activation radius decreased; sentry activation time increased. Q Runaan's bolt pass-through effect removed; Infernum critical AoE splash missile count decreased; Infernum Runaan's AoE splash missile count decreased; Infernum critical Runaan's AoE splash missile count reduced; Infernun Runaan's AoE splash missiles size reduced.
Lowering Crescendum turret's attack range so it provides less zone control, and slowing down its target acquisition speed so opponents can reactively play around it. The rest of the changes are aimed towards weakening Infernum’s synergy with Runaan’s Hurricane.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- BUGFIX : Aphelios' Lunar Sentries now properly proc Manaflow Band
- Q - Crescendum, the Chakram
- SENTRY ACTIVATION RADIUS : ⇒ 500
- SENTRY ACTIVATION TIME : ⇒ 0.35 seconds to attack target in range
- Q - Infernum, the Flamethrower
- RUNAAN'S BOLT PASSTHROUGH : Runaan's Hurricane bolts no longer deal damage to all enemies they pass through (splash missiles and normal Infernum firebolts still do)
- CRITICAL AOE SPLASH MISSILES COUNT : ⇒ 6 splash missiles
- RUNAAN'S SPLASH MISSILES COUNT : ⇒ 3 splash missiles
- CRITICAL RUNAAN'S SPLASH MISSILES COUNT : ⇒ 5 splash missiles
- RUNAAN'S AOE SPLASH MISSILES SIZE : Hurricane splash missile AoE lengths are now reduced by ~100 range
- R - Moonlight Vigil
- BUGFIX : No longer deals damage without going on cooldown if Aphelios is killed during the ability's cast
Base attack damage and movement speed increased.
Caitlyn has been out of the meta in Pro play for a very long time, and we expect her to be a reasonable fit with and against certain meta compositions. These changes should help bring her back as one of the premier early game marksmen.Riot (Patch 10.15)
W healing from minions reduced.
Tank Fiddle has been spooking opponents top lane, outperforming other builds (specifically AP Fiddle), and frustrating players who run into it. We don’t want to terrify the tank off the scarecrow, but with Jungle Fiddle being in a good spot, we’re hoping these changes will encourage players to indulge in the bounty of Fiddle as a mage, first and foremost.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- W - Bountiful Harvest
- HEALING : ⇒ Reduced to 15% against minions
W damage ratio increased. R damage ratio increased.
Aiming to rouse this liquor connoisseur to step into his role as an AP mage who can both engage fights and burst down enemies, so we’re sharpening his late-game damage.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- W - Drunken Rage
- DAMAGE RATIO : ⇒ 0.6 ability power
- R - Explosive Cask
- DAMAGE RATIO : ⇒ 0.8 ability power
Passive bonus attack speed per stack increased later.
Our bladed dancer has been falling off in extended games at all levels of play, especially in Average MMR. Cautiously strengthening her scaling and dueling potential to help bridge the gap between laning phase to mid game.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- Passive - Ionian Fervor
- BONUS ATTACK SPEED PER STACK : ⇒ 8/12/16% (40/60/80% at levels 1/7/13)
W cooldown increased.
We can’t turn a blind eye to the fact that Lee has been a consistent threat in Elite and Pro play, so we’re increasing the cooldown on one of Lee's more reliable spells to curb his mobility and sustain throughout the game.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- W - Safeguard
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 14 seconds
Base armor decreased.
Slightly taming the fire on this forger so that his enemies have more opportunities to trade back.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- Base Stats
- ARMOR : ⇒ 33
Passive cooldown decreased later and now scales per level, capping at level 18.
We’re making Rakan’s progression across the course of a game feel smoother. This is a quality-of-life change that is also a very minor buff for this saucy showman.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- Passive - Fey Feathers
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 40-14.5 seconds (levels 1-18) (reduced by 1.5 every level, capping at level 18)
Passive shield value increased.
We’re bringing some power into Shen’s shield to let him scrap with meta peers more effectively, while giving him more breathing room in lane. We’re hoping this will stir up some diversity in the top lane and overall team compositions with the introduction of a second tank to the meta.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- Passive - Ki Barrier
- SHIELD VALUE : ⇒ 70-121 (levels 1-18) (bonus health ratio unchanged)
Q damage ratio and bonus damage ratio now scales with target's maximum health; buff duration increased, cost increased and now flat.
We’re increasing the scorpion’s damage so he’s more equipped to slash through front line targets when itemizing as a bruiser (and a stinger, of course). As another flourish, we’re also making a quality-of-life change to his E.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- Q - Crystal Slash
- DAMAGE RATIO : ⇒ 15% total attack damage (+1/1.5/2/2.5/3% of target's maximum health)
- BONUS DAMAGE RATIO : ⇒ 15% total attack damage (+1/1.5/2/2.5/3% of target's maximum health) (+0.3 ability power)
- BUFF DURATION : ⇒ 5 seconds
- COST : ⇒ 15 mana
- E - Fracture
Base movement speed decreased. Passive cooldown decreased and now scales with cooldown reduction; no longer restores mana. Fixed a bug where Swain could pull enemies launched by Blast Cones. Q cooldown decreased; bolt angle decreased; now passes through enemies. W range increased; damage decreased; cost decreased later. E cooldown decreased; cost decreased and now flat.
The general and his demon birds are performing fine in Average play, but they do worse the further up the ladder you climb. This is a pretty lengthy refresh, with a mix of buffs and nerfs, so we want to take the time to run through it.
Overall, we’re hoping these buffs will empower Skilled players in both mid and support, with sweeping changes across the board to give him the tools he needs to feel like a more functional mid laner.
Let’s start with the spice and everything nice: Most notably, we’re significantly increasing his W range (more than double when maxed!). We think this change will be particularly transformative for Skilled Swain players who will be able to impact other lanes from a distance all game long. In addition, we’re also bumping down the cooldown on his Q to help him fulfill his battle-mage fantasy with more casts.
As for the nerfs: to balance out the buffs, we’re pulling back on his movement speed. We’ve also removed his mana restore to skew power away from Swains in low Elo who can profit off of fewer skills dodged, when the reverse happens in higher Elos.
Riot (Patch 10.15)
- Base Stats
- MOVEMENT SPEED : ⇒ 325
- Passive - Ravenous Flock
- Q - Death's Hand
- W - Vision of Empire
- RANGE : ⇒ 5500/6000/6500/7000/7500
- DAMAGE : ⇒ 80/120/160/200/240
- COST : ⇒ 70/80/90/100/110 mana
- E - Nevermove
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 10 seconds
- COST : ⇒ 50 mana
W cooldown increased later.
We’re hooking some power out of Thresh’s lantern, since pros tend to max this spell earlier than the average player.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- W - Dark Passage
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 22/20.5/19/17.5/16 seconds
W cooldown increased early and now scales.
Twisted Fate has been able to consistently reach an intimidating state where he can balance both split-pushing and global pressure in Pro and Elite play. As a result, we’re reducing his lane pressure and wave control in earlier phases of the game so that he’ll have to gamble more when picking a card (and a lane!).Riot (Patch 10.15)
- W - Pick A Card
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds
Passive mana restore value decreased; now scales with maximum mana and champion level; cooldown decreased.
Yuumi was mush, mushed! by her E mana cost nerf in 10.13, so we’re here to follow up (and give her all the chin scratches in the process). As we mentioned in this article, we’re making her passive more important to her success in a way where she’ll need to take more risks if she wants to provide more sustain.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- Passive - Bop 'n' Block
- MANA RESTORE : ⇒ 25-100 (+8% maximum mana) (levels 1-18)
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 18-6 seconds (levels 1-18)
Similar to the previous VFX updates we've made in the past (Ziggs, Thresh, Lux, etc.), we're working on updates to some champion ability VFX. Our aim is to get their VFX up to current League standards and improve gameplay clarity. In this patch, we'll be releasing a VFX update for Ahri and Udyr!
As a reminder, VFX updates don’t impact who gets a VGU, where we take model, gameplay, and thematic into account too. They are simply dev passion projects.
Riot (Patch 10.15)
- BASIC ATTACK : Cleaned up missiles and hit effects
- Q - ORB OF DECEPTION : New missiles and hit effects, now shows the actual hitbox. Healing missiles are now green.
- W - FOX-FIRE : New fox-fires, missiles, and hit effects that are cleaned up and modernized
- E - CHARM : Cleaned up the heart missile to feel more modern and to provide accuracy to hitbox
- R - SPIRIT RUSH : New cast ground buff effects, as well as new missiles and hit effects
- DYNASTY AHRI : New dance VFX
- STAR GUARDIAN AHRI : New dance VFX
- BASIC ATTACK : New hit effect
- PASSIVE - MONKEY'S AGILITY : New movement speed boost effect
- Q - TIGER STANCE : New transform effect and overhead symbol; Tiger form has a new DoT effect
- W - TURTLE STANCE : New transform effect and overhead symbol; Turtle form has new shield and heal effects
- E - BEAR STANCE : New transform effect and overhead symbol; Bear form has a new stun effect
- R - PHOENIX STANCE : New transform effect and overhead symbol; Phoenix form has new AoE and cone effects
Spellthief's line of items is being overshadowed by the Relic Shield line for AP users, especially enchanters. While it's fine if they're competitive options, the more defensive option should not always be the dominant choice.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- Spellthief's Edge
- BASE MANA REGEN : ⇒ 50%
- BASE MANA REGEN : ⇒ 75%
- Shard of True Ice
- DAMAGE : ⇒ 50 ability power
Unsealed Spellbook has become a dominant choice at the highest tiers of play (Pro and Elite) and often encourages minimal interactions early game. We’re reducing its power a bit so it doesn't outshine other options.Riot (Patch 10.15)
- INITIAL COOLDOWN : ⇒ 300 seconds
- MAXIMUM COOLDOWN CAP : ⇒ 150 seconds
- COOLDOWN REDUCTION PER SWAP : ⇒ 25 seconds with each unique Summoner Spell
Nexus Blitz: The Temple of the Lily and Lotus
Nexus Blitz returns with the Spirit Blossom event, now permanently set in the Temple of Lily and Lotus, a long-forgotten temple of the Canghapi vastaya! We’ve got a whole slew of events, from old favorites to brand new ones, along with new rewards, bug fixes, and quality-of-life changes.
For more details read this article!
Riot (Patch 10.15)
- 10.15 Buffs
- AKALI : +5% damage dealt & -10% damage taken
- CAMILLE : -5% damage taken
- CORKI : -5% damage taken
- EVELYNN : +5% damage dealt & -10% damage taken
- GNAR : -5% damage taken
- KAI'SA : +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- NEEKO : +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- NIDALEE : -5% damage taken
- PYKE : -5% damage taken
- QIYANA : -5% damage taken
- REK'SAI : +5% damage dealt & -10% damage taken
- TALIYAH : -5% damage taken
- TAHM KENCH : +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- THRESH : +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- ZOE : -5% damage taken
- 10.15 Nerfs
- AMUMU : -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- ASHE : -5% damage dealt
- BRAND : -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- DARIUS : -5% damage dealt
- FIDDLESTICKS : -5% damage dealt
- ILLAOI : -5% damage dealt
- JAX : -5% damage dealt
- KAYLE : -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- KOG'MAW : -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- MAOKAI : -10% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- MASTER YI : -10% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- SETT : -5% damage dealt
- SINGED : -5% damage dealt
- SION : -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- SONA : -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- TARIC : -5% damage dealt, +5% damage taken, & -5% healing
- VEIGAR : -5% damage dealt
- VOLIBEAR : -5% damage dealt
- WUKONG : -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
ARAM Balance Changes
- 10.15 Buffs
- TRUNDLE : ⇒ -5% healing
- YUUMI : ⇒ +5% damage dealt
- 10.15 Nerfs
- ALISTAR : ⇒ -5% damage dealt, +5% damage taken, & -10% healing
- KARTHUS : ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- KOG'MAW : ⇒ -10% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- LUX : ⇒ -15% damage dealt & +10% damage taken
- TEEMO : ⇒ -15% damage dealt & +10% damage taken
- League Client: Fixed an issue with the social panel not appearing in the client
- League Client: Fixed an issue where the home screen was not rendering after completing a game
- Arcanist Kog'Maw's W - Void Ooze VFX now aligns with when it actually deals damage to the enemy units
- Jhin now properly respawns with his full Passive - Whisper ammunition
- Annie no longer loses her Passive - Pyromania stacks upon revival if she's at full stacks
- Elise's Spiderlings' basic attacks now properly benefit from any adaptive force Elise gains from runes
- Karthus' W - Wall of Pain spawns properly even when cast at 0 range
- Yorick's Maiden of the Mist, Ivern's Daisy, Elise's Spiderlings, Malzahar's Voidlings, and Heimerdinger's Q - H-28 G Evolution Turret now properly proc Manaflow Band
- After countering a hard CC ability, Pulsefire Fiora's W - Riposte ground indicator no longer disappears
- Renekton now properly gains increased passive Rage generation as well as Rage gained from casting R - Dominus when below 50% of his maximum health
- When Riven is a t three stacks with Passive - Runic Blade, the duration now properly resets when one is used
- Dead Kindred and Syndra no longer provide vision to their team
- Item VFX are no longer visible on Neeko's disguised clone
- Aatrox's R - World Ender now properly Fears and stops Zyra's enraged Thorn Splitters
- Nunu & Willump no longer get more movement speed than intended by eating a Honey Fruit right before casting W - Biggest Snowball Ever!
- Nidalee's Passive - Prowl loop SFX is now restored to base and all skins
- Nidalee's R - Aspect of the Cougar vocalization when transforming from Cougar to Human is now restored
- Dawnbringer Nidalee's Recall will no longer play her Q - Javelin Toss hit sound during the ground hit moment. In Cougar, her E - Swipe vocalization will now properly play.
- Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol's dance loop SFX now no longer continues to play if the animation is interrupted
- The sound that plays when Mecha Aurelion Sol slows an enemy after being hit by his R - Voice of Light is now restored
- Elise's Spiderlings now properly play death sounds
- Super Galaxy Elise's dance SFX for both Human and Spider forms now loop properly
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
- The following skins will be released in this patch. Grab the League Displays app for full-res splash art!
- The following chromas will be released this patch: