- New Champion Yone
- Spirit Blossom skins
Okay, this is a long one. We've got a big list of small tweaks to bring more razzle dazzle as we gear up for Worlds! We think the meta’s at a good place, so we’re carefully mixing things up without throwing caution to the wind (although Yasuo’s down there somewhere…).
Take this portal if you're looking for TFT's patch notes!
This means we’re bringing up the zhuzh, from marksfolks (Miss Fortune, Lucian, Tristana) to junglefolks (Evelynn, Hecarim, Skarner). Which also means we’re un-zhuzhing those who have been omnipresent picks (Karma, Syndra, Volibear) to open up their counterpicks and to give their enemies more chances to retaliate.
We’re also tidying up some champions by giving them more cohesive identities and sharpening their strengths, while giving others more clarity in their kits.
Finally, on a housekeeping note, the dev team is taking some AFK time in the near future. For League, this means 10.16 will last twice as long as a normal patch and we'll be skipping patch 10.17. We're planning to ship a set of balance changes around the time 10.17 would have launched, though, so keep an eye out for those details. The next full patch will be 10.18!
So zoom your way down—and once you’re well-read, you’ll be well-ready to take on the third ranked split of the season, the world, etc, etc.
Hanna “shio shoujo” Woo
Tricia "mom cat" Tan
- 1 Patch Highlights
- 2 Summoner's Rift Ranked Split 3 Begins!
- 3 Champions
- 3.1 Yone
- 3.2 Akali
- 3.3 Ashe
- 3.4 Bard
- 3.5 Evelynn
- 3.6 Fiora
- 3.7 Hecarim
- 3.8 Jax
- 3.9 Jhin
- 3.10 Jinx
- 3.11 karma
- 3.12 karthus
- 3.13 Kha'Zix
- 3.14 Lucian
- 3.15 Miss Fortune
- 3.16 Morgana
- 3.17 Nautilus
- 3.18 Neeko
- 3.19 Nocturne
- 3.20 Rakan
- 3.21 Sett
- 3.22 Skarner
- 3.23 Syndra
- 3.24 Tristana
- 3.25 Veigar
- 3.26 Volibear
- 3.27 Yasuo
- 3.28 Ziggs
- 4 Runes
- 5 Ionia Clash
- 6 Nexus Blitz Balance Change
- 7 DX11 Beta Test
- 8 Bugfixes/QoL Changes
- 9 Upcoming Skins & Chromas
- 10 Additional Content
Summoner's Rift Ranked Split 3 Begins!
On August 9th at 11:59 PM local time, the third and final ranked split of the season will begin, but with a little something extra this time! In addition to the usual split rewards, we'll also be granting a random series 1 Eternal capsule to anyone earning 750 Split pointsRiot (Patch 10.16)
Yone wields his swords in 10.16!Riot (Patch 10.16)
High-res version of Yone's splashes are available on League Displays!
Q base damage increased. E damage type changed.
Now that Akali’s been in the shadows of Pro, we can help her hit the (assassin's) mark for all levels of play by bringing up her early game damage. We’re also streamlining the damage type in her kit so that she’s able to itemize more effectively and deal more to enemies who aren’t building defensively.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - FIVE POINT STRIKE
- BASE DAMAGS : ⇒ 35/60/85/110/135
- E - SHURIKEN FLIP
- DAMAGE TYPS : ⇒ Magic
Q bonus attack speed decreased later.
We’re pulling back on a scaling Ashe buff we gave her in 10.8 to make more space for other marksmen with less early game power and utility to shine late game against her.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - RANGER’S FOCUS
- BONUS ATTACK SPEED : ⇒ 20/25/30/35/40%
Base health decreased. W maximum heal decreased.
Bard has been chiming in quite a bit, especially in Pro play, so we’re toning down his power in early game to open up more avenues for counter picks and in-lane pressure.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- BASE STATS
- HEALTH 575 : ⇒ 560
- W - CARETAKER’S SHRINE
- MAXIMUM HEAL : ⇒ 55/95/135/175/215
Q cooldown decreased; hitting a monster no longer refunds 50% of its cooldown.
Spiking some power into Eve’s Q so that she can bring her charm into the jungle and in early skirmishes. We’ve also found that her Q cooldown refund from monsters has been a source of confusion and annoyance for players, so we’re taking that out for more gameplay clarity.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - HATE SPIKE
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 4 seconds
- REMOVEDNO MORE HATE : Hitting a monster no longer refunds 50% of Hate Spike’s cooldown
Q cooldown decreased; on-hit cooldown reduction decreased.
As we near the big games, we’ve identified a lack of scaling skirmishers who can keep pressure in a side lane. Because of this, we want to keep Fiora in tip-top form, and to be able to offer teams more strategy. We’re helping her strike quickly, strike deftly! in early fights, along with increasing her mobility for split pushing. To balance it out, we’re also lightly tapping down her cooldown refund.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - LUNGE
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 13/11.25/9.5/7.75/6 seconds
- ENEMY HIT COOLDOWN REDUCTION : ⇒ 50% (enemy hits refund 6.5/5.63/4.75/3.9/3 seconds)
E bonus movement speed increased over time.
The Horseman’s been at a trot, so we’re ponying up by boosting his potential for ganks and engage. Note that this added movement speed procs his passive for that sweet, sweet bonus damage.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- E - DEVASTATING CHARGE
- BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED : ⇒ 25-100% (over the first 3 seconds, with fourth second at maximum value)
E cooldown decreased.
Now, it’s Jax’s turn! Similar to Fiora, we’re hoping to bring the Grandmaster back onto the scene by making him a more viable counterpick... with more counterstrikes. With his E more readily available, he’ll be able to see fights through in a different manner.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- E - COUNTERSTRIKE
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds
Passive final shot critical damage against structures increased.
Jhin hasn’t been able to call the shots, especially around towers. We’re loosening his passive crit damage restriction from all the way back in 6.4 so that he can take down structures more effectively and keep up with peers with expanded abilities for damaging towers.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- PASSIVE - WHISPER
- FINAL SHOT DAMAGE TO STRUCTURES : ⇒ 1.5 total attack damage (now the same damage as a normal critical strike)
R bonus damage now uncapped.
Fixed a bug in Jinx’s R where the damage cap against monsters was capped against champions instead, majorly impacting her power against enemies with high health. We’re bringing the super, the mega, and the death by uncapping the damage against all targets!Riot (Patch 10.16)
- R - SUPER MEGA DEATH ROCKET!
- BONUS DAMAGE CAP BUGFIX : ⇒ Now uncapped against all targets
Q cost now flat; cooldown increased.
Karma has continued to be a strong multi-role flex champion who tends to have too much control and safety, so we’re trimming down her solo lane agency by pulling back on a spell that she relies on for waveclear.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - INNER FLAME
- COST 50/55/60/65/70 : ⇒ 65 mana
- COOLDOWN 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 : ⇒ 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds
Q damage ratio decreased.
Now that we’re seeing an increase in Karthus players and higher win rates, we’re walking back one of the bigger buffs from 10.14 that’s lent him more strength than anticipated.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - LAY WASTE
- DAMAGE RATIO : ⇒ 0.3 ability power
Q isolated target bonus damage decreased.
The bug consumed, and the bug adapted. Over the course of the past few patches and our last buff, Kha’Zix has crept above the pack for our skilled players, so we're pulling slightly back on the same lever in 10.14 to find a happy middle ground.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - TASTE THEIR FEAR
- ISOLATED TARGET BONUS DAMAGE : ⇒ 110%
Q damage increased. R total shots fired increased.
Lucian has been out of meta for a while, losing consistently to his more meta peers with longer ranges, even in beginning phases of the game. We’re putting him back on the path of vengeance by increasing his power.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - PIERCING LIGHT
- DAMAGE : ⇒ 95/130/16 /200/235
- R - THE CULLING
- TOTAL SHOTS FIRED : ⇒ 22/28/34
Base attack damage increased.
Pirate lady’s been in a misfortunate place, and she’s no fool. We’re giving her a small love tap to make sure she’s relevant as an early game marksman.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- BASE STATS
- ATTACK DAMAGE : ⇒ 52
Q cooldown decreased.
Bot lane has been awash with dive-heavy supports with strong CC, so we’re helping Morgana unshackle her potential as a promising counterpick.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - DARK BINDING
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 10 seconds
W shield decreased.
Naut has been anchored as a persistent menace in Pro bot lanes, so we’re lowering his resilience to harass and the reliability of his early game all-ins.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- W - TITAN’S WRATH
- SHIELD : ⇒ 45/55/65/75/85
Q damage increased; bloom damage increased.
Giving Neeko some love in her trading and waveclear against other prominent mids. We think this will help her come into her own, you know, for her to really be herself and no one else.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - BLOOMING BURST
- DAMAGE : ⇒ 80/125/170/215/260
- BLOOM DAMAGE : ⇒ 40/60/80/100/120
Passive cooldown increased; enemy champions and monsters on-hit cooldown refund increased.
Nocturne is chopping down mid laners at an alarming rate in Average play. Trimming his pushing and sustain power, while letting him be at a similar power level in the jungle.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- PASSIVE - UMBRAL BLADES
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 14 seconds
- ON-HIT COOLDOWN REFUND : ⇒ Basic attacks against enemy champions and monsters reduce Umbra Blades' cooldown by 3 seconds
R bonus movement speed increased.
Rakan may have the moves, but he still needs to get a move on. We’re amping up the tempo so that he can beat down enemies as one of the premier engage support champions.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- R - THE QUICKNESS
- BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED : ⇒ 75%
W base damage decreased later. E base damage decreased later.
Reeling back Sett players who rely on his base values with very tanky builds to plow their way through games.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- W - HAYMAKER
- BASE DAMAGE : ⇒ 80/100/120/140/160
- E - FACEBREAKER
- BASE DAMAGE : ⇒ 50/70/90/110/130
Q total damage ratio increased; cost decreased.
Even with our last round of buffs in 10.15, Skarner still feels like he’s in hibernation with his kin. We’re doing another pass to put a bit more sting in his...stinger?Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - CRYSTAL SLASH
- TOTAL DAMAGE RATIO : ⇒ 0.20 attack damage
- COST : ⇒ 10 mana
Q base damage decreased later.
We’re continuing to sharpen Syndra’s power as she remains as a dominant pick in Pro play. This time, we’re honing in on her oppressive command in lane, especially from early to mid game.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - DARK SPHERE
- BASE DAMAGE : ⇒ 70/105/140/175/210
E now deals 1% increased damage per 3% critical strike chance.
Tristana has been fairly irrelevant since the nerfs to her early game attack range—except for in mid lane, where she’s still able to bully out certain champs. We’re gunning for her to be a viable marksman by buffing her bot lane crit build.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- E - EXPLOSIVE CHARGE
- NEWHERE COMES THE BOOM : Explosive Charge now deals 1% increased damage per 3% critical strike chance (up to 33.3% increased damage)
Base magic resist increased.
Boosting up this tiny yordle to better master the mid lane. To do this, we’re giving him more MR, since he’s already quite powerful in bot lane.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- BASE STATS
- MAGIC RESIST : ⇒ 32
Q bonus movement speed decreased.
Volibear is a rare beast that is relentlessly bringing the storm for our Average and Pro players. Reducing his mobility and scaling into late game.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- Q - THUNDERING SMASH
- BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED : ⇒ 10/14/18/22/26% (still doubles when moving towards visible enemy champions)
Base magic resist increased. R base damage increased later.
Carefully buffing Yasuo to target mid lane and Pro play. Like Veigar, we’re giving him more breathing room in mid, where there’s the most magic damage dealers. We’re also boosting his ult output for coordinated teams to play off of.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- BASE STATS
- MAGIC RESIST : ⇒ 32
- R - LAST BREATH
- BASE DAMAGE : ⇒ 200/350/500
Passive bonus damage ratio now flat; maximum damage to structures increased.
Bumping up this bombing bud to better bonk down buildings and, more importantly, to bring an artillery mage into the meta.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- PASSIVE - SHORT FUSE
- BONUS DAMAGE RATIO : ⇒ 0.5 ability power
- BONUS DAMAGE MULTIPLIER TO STRUCTURES : ⇒ 2.5x ability power
Nimbus Cloak has become the go-to for both jungle and AD as a consistent offensive and defensive tool. We’re lowering some of its overall strength, specifically in consideration of Smite and Hexflash, so that it’s not as ubiquitous of a choice.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED : ⇒ 10%/20%/30% (summoner spell cooldown 0/100/250 seconds)
Ionia Clash has now begun its recruitment session! Check out the Clash tab in client for specific start times and details!Riot (Patch 10.16)
Nexus Blitz Balance Change
- 10.16 Jungle Changes
- JUNGLE GUARDIAN BASE ATTACK DAMAGE : ⇒ 80
- JUNGLE GUARDIAN ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH : ⇒ 6
- TWO SIZES TOO SMALL : Jungle Guardian will stop growing in size and strength after 40 seconds in combat
- KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE, BUT YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER : Jungle monsters do less damage to low health players and their attack damage has been increased by 20%
- 10.16 Events Changes
- URF DEATHMATCH : Champions in URF Deathmatch now get Grievous Wounds immediately when the burn starts
- BARDLE ROYALE : Minions no longer spawn during Bardle Royale; minions outside of the circle will be put in Statis
- PUSH THE CART : Attack/Defend will no longer end immediately upon getting to Sudden Death. Instead, the carts gain increased movement speed and cannot be blocked by defenders. Time until Sudden Death has also decreased to 75 seconds.
- DPS CHECK : Dummy now spawns in a wider variety of positions
- LOOT TEEMO AND VEIGAR : Magic resist increased to 100 (gains 25 additional armor and magic resist if they are the 3rd or 4th event)
- 10.16 Rewards Changes
- OCEAN SOUL : Ocean Soul’s regen values have been reduced by 25%
- STATIKK SHOCK MINIMUM DAMAGE TO MINIONS : ⇒ 35% of target's maximum health
- 10.16 Map Changes
- CATAPULT OF CHAMPIONS : Champions who dash into the wall underneath the neutral frog cannons will now automatically be fired from the cannon. Other units that find their way into that space will be bumped out.
- WARD VISION : Wards placed around the top lane center bush will reveal a little more clearly
- 10.16 Buffs
- AZIR : ⇒ -5% damage taken
- EZREAL : ⇒ -3% damage taken
- KOG'MAW : ⇒ -8% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- LEBLANC : ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- LEE SIN : ⇒ -5% damage taken
- RIVEN : ⇒ -5% damage taken
- TARIC : ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- THRESH : ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -8% damage taken
- 10.16 Nerfs
- DARIUS : ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +3% damage taken
- ILLAOI : ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- JHIN : ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- LEONA : ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- NEEKO : ⇒ -3% damage taken
- URGOT : ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- ZYRA : ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- 10.16 Bugfixes
- Players will no longer continue burning after their round ends in Prize Fight
- Aurelion Sol will no longer keep his extra stars if he survives the last round of URF Deathmatch
- Jungle items now grant mana regen in the entire jungle, including the Red Buff area and the jungle in between lanes
- Rift Herald Mercenary no longer occasionally gets permanently placed in Stasis if active during Prize Fight
- Toggle spells will be toggled off while a player is spectating in Prize Fight or when getting into the Battle Sled
- Hexflash will now be refreshed to Flash for each round of URF Deathmatch
- Jungle Guardian will no longer occasionally spawn twice after being killed
- Gnar will no longer be able to cast W - Hyper and R - GNAR! in his Mini form after getting into the Battle Sled
DX11 Beta Test
We're kicking off an opt-in beta test of DX11 support for League! Head to our full post for details on how to join.Riot (Patch 10.16)
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where the bottom line of chat can appear to be missing depending on the focus of the chat
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where tooltips for items in Item Sets would not always display
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed an issue where the "unable to retrieve settings" modal would appear more often than intended
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Loading less frequently used sections of the client are now deferred until clicked, resulting in faster client start up times
- Synced up Chaos and Order cannon minions' attack ranges
- Dying to Shaco's R - Hallucinate explosion right after casting E - Lightning Rush to kill the clone as Kennen no longer causes his ability to be permanently swapped with E2 - Lightning Rush (which cancels the ability)
- Fiddlesticks' R - Crowstorm will no longer continue to deal full damage if he dies right after blinking to his target destination
- Shen is no longer able to purchase items, cast R - Stand United and undo all purchases before the cast completes
- Darius' W - Crippling Strike-empowered attack now properly does damage to a target with a Spell Shield
- Sejuani's Q - Arctic Assault+basic attack combo now properly triggers Electrocute
- Lillia's walking and running animations will no longer loop when inputting move commands
- The basic attack after Blitzcrank casts Q - Rocket Grab and Amumu casts Q - Bandage Toss now properly grants stacks of Conqueror, Electrocute, and Phase Rush
- Pulsefire Ezreal's VFX can now properly be seen while spectating
- Hitting an enemy champion with Shyvana's R - Dragon's Descent while W - Burnout is activated will now properly grant two stacks of Conqueror
- Rek'Sai's Q - Queen's Wrath-empowered basic attacks no longer fizzle if used on an enemy shortly after casting R - Void Rush
- Sivir's Passive - Fleet of Foot SFX has been restored to Base and all skins
- Dawnbringer Nidalee's Passive - Prowl reset SFX has been restored
- Completing Kha'Zix's and Rengar's The Hunt Is On! in-game mission will now properly play the respective SFX for all their skins
- All skins will now play Idle SFX using base assets
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
- The following skins will be released in this patch. Grab the League Displays app for full-res splash art!
- The following chromas will be released this patch: