Hey y'all. How are you doing? Having a good week? Good.
In this patch, outside of some smaller balance work on an assortment of champions, we have bigger updates for Janna and Yuumi, a soft revert to Zac's pre-patch 7.9 self, and a follow-up to the Master Yi changes from 9.10.
Voted for by players all over the world, Little Demon Tristana is ready to take on some mischief and will be available during this patch cycle. The Rainbow Fluft Icon and its special interactions when equipped will also be available for an extended amount of time in the store!
Finally, starting in 9.11, Challengers will get to experience the long-awaited golden recall animation in unranked queues and the ranked queues they're Challenger in.Go get 'em, lions!Paul "Aether" Perscheid
Hanna “shio shoujo” Woo (Patch 9.11)
5/30/2019 Balance Update
- R - REQUIEM DAMAGE RATIO : ⇒ 0.75 ability power
- Q - ALPHA STRIKE DAMAGE ON SAME TARGET : ⇒ 25% attack damage per additional strike
- BUGFIX : Vayne's R - Final Hour no longer removes the movement speed granted from her Passive - Night Hunter
Passive energy refund decreased late; damage ratio decreased.
We're lowering Akali's ability to deal consistent and sustained damage, a strength that's a huge part of her power discrepancy between the highest level play and everyone else.Riot (Patch 9.11)
- Passive - Assassin's Mark
- ENERGY REFUND : ⇒ 10/15/20
- DAMAGE RATIO : ⇒ 0.6 bonus attack damage and 0.5 ability power
Passive bonus true damage decreased.
We're reverting Amumu's passive buff from 9.8. Choosing this line specifically because too much of his strength is tied up in his passive and we want to keep the rest of his abilities feeling strong.Riot (Patch 9.11)
Basic attacking after E no longer delayed due to animation.
Making a small QoL change that Ekko players should appreciate.Riot (Patch 9.11)
- E - Phase Dive
- CLEAN HITS : Ekko will now consistently basic attack at his regular cadence after using Phase Dive instead of having to wait for his animation
W base damage decreased, damage ratio increased. E damage decreased.
We're shifting some of Galio's baseline damage he leans on as a support into W's ratio as a stronger reward for his AP-building, damaging mid-lane capability.Riot (Patch 9.11)
- W - Shield of Durand
- MINIMUM DAMAGE : ⇒ 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.3 ability power)
- MAXIMUM DAMAGE : ⇒ 30/60/90/120/150 (+0.9 ability power)
- E - Justice Punch
- DAMAGE : ⇒ 80/120/160/200/240
Base health, health growth, attack damage increased.
Increasing Gragas' early durability and helping out his early clear speed.Riot (Patch 9.11)
- Base Stats
- HEALTH : ⇒ 600
- HEALTH GROWTH : ⇒ 95
- ATTACK DAMAGE : ⇒ 64
W cooldown now scales; base damage decreased late. E cooldown now decreases when Janna CCs enemies; cooldown decreased early, increased late; shield increased.
Right now, Janna feels like a poke mage early in the game instead of a peeling and shielding support champion. We're taking this opportunity to encourage more kinds of interaction between her and everyone else than point-and-click harass, especially in lane, so she can get the most out of all her abilities.Riot (Patch 9.11)
- W - Zephyr
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds
- BASE DAMAGE : ⇒ 55/90/125/160/195
- E - Eye Of The Storm
Q base damage decreased late; damage ratio decreased.
Jayce is too reliable of a pick in pro play. Given his strong early game, we're nerfing his scaling to give opponents more of a chance when they get out of laning phase.Riot (Patch 9.11)
R damage, ratio decreased.
Karthus is still running games over just by virtue of being a great jungle clearer. But it's the burst on his ultimate that's really putting him over the edge and making him such a dominant jungle choice.Riot (Patch 9.11)
Bonus attack speed at level 1 removed. Q isolated target damage decreased.
In 9.10, we wanted to nerf Master Yi in average play and increase satisfaction for all players by creating opportunities for more skillful play. However, the changes were pretty neutral and, at the time, seemed like they'd be more impactful due to changes to Rageblade and Conqueror. As a follow-up, we're cutting back his early attack speed and some of the isolated target damage from Alpha Strike so that he loses some of his early clear speed, but still has a more reliable window of untargetability during Q.Riot (Patch 9.11)
Passive basic attack damage flattened. R damage decreased.
Rammus' damage in teamfights is too high. But to ensure that we're not completely making him into a lint ball, we're pulling power specifically out of his ult and passive so that he can still hurt enemies via Powerball and Frenzying Taunt and still reflect damage well with high armor builds.Riot (Patch 9.11)
- Passive - Spiked Shell
- BASIC ATTACK DAMAGE : ⇒ 10 at all levels
- R - Tremors
- DAMAGE PER SECOND : ⇒ 30/60/90
Q healing increased late.
Letting Warwick live the drain-tanking dream a bit more. While Blood Hunt is still likely the best first max, players looking to risk it all with Jaws of the Beast and bite off more than they can chew can now feast too.Riot (Patch 9.11)
Q range indicator brightness adjusted. W now gives assists when she first attaches. E movement speed decay flattened. Lots of bugfixes.
Making some QoL changes and bugfixes for Yuumi. These updates should help lower the gap between good and bad Yuumi players without increasing a good Yuumi player's power.Riot (Patch 9.11)
- Q - Prowling Projectile
- I SEE THE LIGHT : Yuumi's range indicator is now much brighter when Prowling Projectile is first cast, fading back down in brightness over its duration for both Yuumi and her attached ally
- W - You and Me!
- I'M HELPING : Now gives assists on champion takedowns from her teammates when she first attaches to a participating ally
- E - Zoomies
- ZOOM ZOOM : Flattened Yuumi's movement speed decay to herself and to the ally she's attached to based on ability power
- MINIMAP : Fixed a bug where Yuumi's minimap icon would sometimes not show that she's attached to an ally
- STATS : Fixed Yuumi's missing stats display on her strengths/weaknesses radial menu in the client
- AERY Fixed : a bug where Yuumi was not sending Aery when hopping between allies with You and Me!
- APPROACH VELOCITY : Fixed a bug where Yuumi's ally would gain Approach Velocity’s bonus movement speed whenever Yuumi was attached
- POPPY'S ULT : Yuumi now properly gets knocked towards her Fountain if she gets hits by Poppy's R - Keeper's Verdict while channeling R - Final Chapter or Q - Prowling Projectile
Q slow decreased; cooldown decreased late. W max health damage now scales with AP. R reverted to pre-patch 7.9.
We’ve been following some excellent conversations regarding where Zac landed after his rework in 2017. After assessing players' feedback, we ultimately decided that we went too far in pulling damage out of him in our quest for a more CC-laden tank. We agree that part of Zac’s pattern of diving the back line and doing damage is core to who he is as a champion. Unfortunately, Zac players felt that after diving in, he wasn't able to accomplish anything more than just knocking people around. With that in mind, we're reverting his reworked ultimate and W.Riot (Patch 9.11)
- Q - Stretching Strikes
- SLOW : ⇒ 40%
- COOLDOWN : ⇒ 13/11.5/10/8.5/7 seconds
- W - Unstable Matter
- R - Let's Bounce!
- NOT SQUISHY :
- NO LONGER ICE CREAM :
- FLUBBER : Zac now bounces 4 times on cast, with a 1 second delay between each bounce
- DAMAGE : Each bounce does 140/210/280 (+0.4 ability power) magic damage and knocks up enemies for 1 second. Subsequent bounces on the same targets do 50% magic damage and do not knock them up.
- FLUID SLIME : Zac can move during Let's Bounce and gains ramping movement speed over the duration, up to 50%
It's time… Let the golden light shine above you!
In all unranked queues, Challenger players will now see a special recall animation in-game. In ranked queues, Challenger players will only see the special recall animation in the particular queue they are Challenger in. The Challenger Recall appears any time the normal recall would play, but does not override Baron-buffed recalls nor the blue effect on the minimap, to preserve gameplay readability.If a player demotes out of Challenger, the Challenger Recall will go away and only reappear if the player gets back into the rank.Riot (Patch 9.11)
As a special thank you to all those who purchased the icon and ran around the Rift and Abyss with sparkly rainbows behind them, we're extending the Rainbow Fluft Icon's availability in the store and the special interactions that happen when the icon is equipped (the Rainbow Homeguard trail animation in-game and the Rainbow Poro profile background).
The icon's store availability and the Homeguard activation will be on until June 30th, 2019, at 23:59 PST to last all of Pride Month. The profile background will be removed in patch 9.14.Get your rainbows on!Riot (Patch 9.11)
- Draven's R - Whirling Death now properly decreases in damage based on how many units are hit
- Titanic Hydra's on-hit damage is no longer able to hit towers
- Getting damaged by an Aery user while having Death’s Dance equipped no longer causes Aery to continuously deal damage to the player
- Shaco's R - Hallucinate's clone's auto-attack no longer deals 60% of Shaco's damage instead of 75% on champions
- Lissandra's Passive - Iceborn Subjugation's Frozen Thralls can no longer take Eye of the Herald when her team steals the Rift Herald
- Guardian's tooltip now properly indicates an ability power ratio of 0.25% instead of 0.25 or 25%
- Dark Valkyrie Diana's Q - Crescent Strike's Moonlight particles no longer briefly reappear after it expires on a champions
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
- The following skins will be released this patch. Grab the League Displays app for full-res splashes!
- The following chromas will be released this patch: