From Liquipedia League of Legends Wiki
- Urgot, Ignite, Red Smite nerf
- Shyvana, Yorick, Sunfire Cape buff
- New Season Placements
Hello everyone, and welcome to 9.2. This is our season start patch, and while it's a big one, it's pretty straightforward. Names we've heard way too often in recent months (Urgot, Ignite, Red Smite) are getting nerfs, while others we haven't heard in some time (Shyvana, Yorick, Sunfire Cape) are being buffed up. Remember: Knowledge is power, so make sure you're read up on 9.2's changes before charging into Ranked! Best of luck in your placements,Paul "Aether" Perscheid (Patch 9.2)
1/31/2019 ARURF Balance Update
- NERF : Damage per soul reduced from 5 to 2
- NERF : Base damage reduced from 20-60 to 15-55
- NERF : Ability power ratio reduced from 0.15 to 0.1
- BUGFIX : If Sylas casts a stolen Kayn's R - Umbral Trespass on a spellshielded target, his ult now properly reverts to R - Hijack instead of staying as Umbral Trespass
- BUGFIX : If Sylas R - Hijacks Sion's R - Unstoppable Onslaught while Sion is in his Passive form, the stolen ult now properly scales with Sylas' R rank instead of Q rank (which allowed it to deal huge "rank 5" damage)
- BUGFIX : E - Dazzle no longer hits everything on the map if Taric casts it while linked to a Zed who's dashing to his W - Living Shadow
1/29/2019 ARURF Balance Update
Helping Sylas stretch his legs after being stuck in Demacian jail for so long. (He was weak so we're buffing him.)Riot (Patch 9.2)
- Base Stats
- E - Abduct
- BUGFIX : R - Eulogy of the Isles' cooldown no longer resets if the Maiden dies the instant Yorick sets her free
We overdid it on Galio's nerfs, but aren't keen on letting him anywhere close to his pre-9.2 state. Between E and Q, E is a much safer place to add power back.Riot (Patch 9.2)
- BUGFIX : Fixed a bug that caused the camera to center incorrectly when zooming out for ults like Jhin R - Curtain Call, making it really hard to aim properly
Your 2019 Ranked climb begins this patch. Here's a quick TL;DR of the changes this season:Riot (Patch 9.2)
- PLACEMENTS : You'll get a provisional rank after your first Ranked game, which is the lowest rank you can end placements in. Placement wins grant bonus LP; losses don't cost LP. Your rank becomes visible to others after finishing placements.
- TIERS & DIVISIONS : We've added Iron tier below Bronze and Grandmaster tier between Master and Challenger. Division V has been removed from all tiers.
- RANKED ARMOR : This new reward reflects your current rank across your profile, Ranked dashboard, and hovercard as well as game lobbies
- SPLITS : Season 2019 is broken into three splits, with your performance in each split upgrading your ranked armor. There's no soft reset or time off between splits. End of season rewards are still based on your overall performance across the season.
- POSITION RANKS : We're previewing position ranks in Korea and North America for split 1 and plan to roll them out globally in split 2. Each position has its own matchmaking rating and rank, with matches rewarding LP and rating for the position you played, plus a little for your other positions to recognize overall improvement as you climb.
For a full rundown of this season's changes to Ranked (new tiers, season splits, position ranks, placements, and more), we've got a library of past Nexus posts at your disposal:Riot (Patch 9.2)
- Post 1: High-level goals and overview
- Post 2: Summarizing your initial feedback
- Post 3: Addressing feedback and adjustments to position ranks
- Post 4: Laying out our plan to do regional previews of position ranks
- Post 5: Talking about new tiers and placements
- Post 6: Discussing how the top of the ladder is affected
- Post 7: Outlining the three-split season and new split rewards
- Post 8: Answering more questions on rewards
- Post 9: Position Ranks Explained
- Post 10: Position Ranks in Action
After a rowdy month and a half of Bardle Royales, Battle Sledding, and Nexuses running it down mid, the Nexus Blitz queues shut down earlier this week. Thanks for playing—we'll be back with updates on our future plans a little further down the road! If you're looking for something new to scratch your fast-paced-game-mode itch, we've got something new coming down the pipe later this patch! Stay tuned.Riot (Patch 9.2)
Sylas, the Unshackled, will break out during patch 9.2! Unlock the revolution with these links:Riot (Patch 9.2)
- Full-res splash art is available on League Displays !
Q damage ratio decreased. E recharge time increased.
True to his nature as an unkillable ancient terror, Aatrox survived the nerfs we threw at him during preseason and is still savaging both pro and regular play. This patch, we're dropping his damage across the board (higher E cooldown means less reliability on Q) but are especially focusing on his early game.Riot (Patch 9.2)
- Base Stats
- Q - The Darkin Blade
- E - Umbral Dash
Jungle Camp Experience
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
- The following skins will be released this patch. Grab the League Displays app for full-res splashes!
- The following chromas will be released this patch: