Please note that inclusion of pages in mainspace is ultimately up to the discretion of the Liquipedia staff.
Sadly, not everything can be added to the wiki. We want all our pages to be as up-to-date as possible and to meet our quality standards in general. That is made harder the more pages are created, not to mention additional factors, such as the fact that lower ranked teams tend to not have social media where they announce transfers, and so on.
Now, these are not non-negotiable. This wiki contains coverage of certain teams, players and scenes that do not actually meet our guidelines, yet we allow them because there is an active volunteer(s) that keeps those pages of high-quality. This however does not mean that we will allow you to create a page for your team just because you say you will keep it up to date. On the other hand, if you were to be highly interested in, say, keeping the Spanish national scene up to date, then go ahead! In the cases where this is not the case however, all of this means we have to prioritise: we try to keep our coverage to just the top and the sub-top tier of competitive Overwatch as defined by the guidelines below. Any pages that do not meet these guidelines will not be deleted, but will be moved to your user space.
If you disagree with the decision for a certain page, please feel free to come chat in our Discord.
- 1 Guidelines
- 1.1 When is a Player/Coach/Team page deserved?
- 1.2 Players
- 1.3 Teams
- 1.4 Team Staff
- 1.5 Casters
- 1.6 Leagues/Tournaments
- 1.7 Maps
- 1.8 User pages
When is a Player/Coach/Team page deserved?
Overwatch League event
- Any participants in the Overwatch League.
- Any team, player, or coach that has placed top 8 in any Premier Tournament.
- Contenders North America and Europe:
- Any team that has participated in any Contenders Monthly Tournaments.
- Any player, or coach that has placed top 6 in any Contenders Monthly Tournaments.
- Contenders China:
- Any player, or coach that has placed top 2 in any Contenders Weeks Tournaments, or 2 times top 4, or 4 times top 8.
- Any team that has placed top 4 in any Contenders Weeks Tournaments or 2 times top 8.
- Contenders South America:
- Follows Contenders China guidelines except instead of weekly tournaments they are monthly tournaments.
- Contenders Korea, Australia:
Note: Every region of Contenders 2020 S1 follow current Contenders China guidelines.
- Any team, player, or coach that has placed top 4 in any Major Tournament.
- Any team, player, or coach that has placed top 8 in any Major Tournament (At staff discretion).
- Any team, player, or coach that has consistent good results (At staff discretion).
Note: pages created before November 13th, 2018, were following a less strict guideline. Thus it is possible to find this kind of pages that are not following current guidelines.
Players may receive their individual pages, as long as they surpass a certain threshold of notability. Check the bullet points below. If your chosen player fits at least one of these, then they are likely notable to warrant a page on this wiki.
- Achievements: If the player has achieved notable results, see When is a page deserved?
- Previous history: If the player was professional in another game (Warcraft III, StarCraft: Brood War, StarCraft 2, etc).
- Sponsored: If the player is a notable member of a major organization.
To create a new player page, you can follow our Player Template.
When to create
If the team fulfills one of the following:
- The team has notable results, see When is a page deserved?.
- The team is a well-established esports organization with a number of sponsors, preferably with pages on the other Liquipedia wikis as well.
- If the team belongs to an organization that owns a place in the Overwatch League.
- At least three players already with a Liquipedia page.
When not to create
- No website/social media.
- A start-up team with no history and no organization.
- A team in the process of having the requirements.
- A new team, made of subjectively known players that do not have a page on Liquipedia (e.g. an Open Division team made of known players with no results and no Liquipedia pages)
To create a new team page, you can follow our Team Template.
- Coach pages are subject to the same conditions as player pages. Please refer to the Players section.
- Other team staff, such as managers or analysts can be mentioned in their team's organization table, but do not presently warrant a separate Liquipedia page. Our reasoning is that:
- Organizations do not frequently advertise changes for these positions,
- They are rarely linked to or referenced in most Wiki applications, and
- Liquipedia tries to focus on the players more-so than the business-related staff.
Casters may receive their individual pages, so long as they surpass a certain threshold of notability. Check the bullet points below. If your chosen caster fits at least one of these, then they are likely notable enough to warrant a unique page.
- Previous history: If the caster was a pro-gamer or caster/host in another game (Warcraft III, StarCraft: Brood War, StarCraft 2, etc).
- OWL: If the caster is a member of the Overwatch League broadcast team.
- Liquipedia Links: If the caster has accrued ten (10) or more valuable links to documented tournaments. The value of each link can be found below.
To create a new caster page, you can follow our Caster Template.
Leagues and tournaments must have a minimum cash prize of $50 to be represented on Liquipedia. Any others can be added under your personal user page for record keeping, but they will not be kept up to date by other Liquipedia users. Hardware, peripherals and other prizes of this type are not presently accepted as part of the cash prize.
To create a new tournament page, you can follow our Tournament Template.
We try to accumulate as much information about maps as possible. Please try to include information relating to a map within its unique page.
Completely optional, but make your user page a good indication of who you are! Feel free to be friendly or use some Userboxes to spruce things up. No other Liquipedia users will update your user page should it become out of date.