Overwatch World Cup 2018 - National Committees
From Liquipedia Overwatch Wiki
- The average skill rating (SR) of each country’s top 150 players is tracked throughout April, 2018.
- The top 20 countries at the end of this period will be invited to compete in the 2018 Overwatch World Cup
- Alongside the 4 Host Countries: France, South Korea, Thailand and the United States
National Committee Selection
- General Manager: General Managers will be selected by Blizzard.
- Phase 1: Any player with an account in good standing may apply for their national team’s coach position. Candidates will be provided with a custom URL to share, which will allow the top 150 players (by SR) from the candidate’s country of residence to endorse one candidate.
- Phase 2: The top three candidates per country are revealed, and a second, runoff vote, again among the top 150 players, is held to determine the Coach.
- Community Lead:
- Phase 1: This will follow the same process as coach selection, but voting is open to the country’s entire player base. Players may vote for multiple community leads.
- Phase 2: Each country’s top 10 candidates is revealed, and players cast one final vote.
- The entire Committee creation process will take place over the month of May, 2018.
- Announced on May 31st
|Caster or commentator|
|Community or media|