Patch August 5, 2021
- Hero Updates
- Meteor Strike
- Now speeds up the cooldown rate of his abilities by 100% while in the air
Developer's Comment: The accelerated cooldown times will enable more fluidity with setting up Doomfist's combos when using the Meteor Strike ultimate.
- Damage increased from 28 to 29
- Damage reduced from 120 to 110
Developer's Comment: The Shuriken damage increase doesn't sound like a lot but it crosses a threshold or "breakpoint" against some enemy targets, enabling them to be eliminated with one less attack landed. To help balance out this increased power for his primary weapon we're reducing the damage of the Dragonblade ultimate, which is also a breakpoint against some targets when being damage boosted.
- When Duplicate ends, Echo will return to the health value she had prior to activating the ability, or to 100 health, whichever is higher
Developer's Comment: This is a change picked up from the Community Experimental card. Since Echo gains an additional health pool through using her Duplicate ultimate, it seemed reasonable that she doesn't need to be healed to full upon it ending as well. The minimum health value is there so she doesn't instantly die to a small amount of damage when it ends, as often with a long duration ultimate it can be difficult to remember her starting health.
- Biotic Grasp
- Self-healing increased from 20 to 24 health per second
Developer's Comment: Moira has recently been underperforming a little bit. This increase to her self-healing with Biotic Grasp will help improve her survivability while in range to recharge her healing resources.
- Enemies now generate 25% less Ultimate Charge from damage dealt to Roadhog
Developer's Comment: Roadhog tanks for his allies by being a large and threatening target with high durability which draws a lot of fire from the enemy team. We're reducing the amount of ultimate charge he provides to better enable him in this role without as much of a downside for his own team.
- Armor reduced from 250 to 200 (Health/armor total reduced from 550 to 500)
Developer's Comment: Reinhardt has been overperforming since his last round of changes. To help increase tank diversity we are reverting his armor to its previous value while keeping the Rocket Hammer damage increase for now as it helps to balance out the reduced crowd control duration of Earthshatter.
- Heavy Pulse Rifle (Primary Fire)
- Damage increased from 19 to 20
- Biotic Field
- Healing reduced from 40 to 35 health per second
Developer's Comment: The damage-per-shot for the Heavy Pulse Rifle has been adjusted several times now as it's an important tuning breakpoint for Soldier: 76. It was last reduced when his weapon spread was replaced by recoil to help account for the increased accuracy potential, though with the recent reductions to his damage falloff at long range, it's reasonable to increase his damage output once again while pulling some power out of his area-of-effect healing utility.
- Grappling Claw
- Now begins on cooldown after respawning
- Adaptive Shield
- Cast time reduced from 0.2 seconds to 0 seconds
- Duration increased from 7 to 9 seconds
- Proximity mines no longer stick to walls
Developer's Comment: Wrecking Ball is the fastest hero in the game which works well for his disruptive playstyle. However, to help reduce his contribution to objective stalling, his Grappling Claw ability will now start on cooldown upon respawning. Proximity mines will no longer attach to walls as it resulted in accidental bunched up placements, out of range from most enemy targets, more often than any intentional clever uses.