- Roadhog is an unorthodox tank who focuses on trying to make the enemy team less of a problem either by using his Chain Hook to easily eliminate someone, or using Whole Hog to knock back the enemy team.
- Roadhog has the highest base health in the game, with 600, only being behind Winston during Primal Rage, which is 1000.
- Roadhog's abilities have low cooldowns, making him a great tank for quickly eliminating the enemy team and staying alive.
- Use your left-click to eliminate an enemy you have caught with your Chain Hook
- The right-click is good for shooting at a choke point the enemy team is at to significantly harm them
- The Scrap Gun has a low ammo count and a slower reload time. Make sure you don't go head-to-head with the enemy team without a full amount of ammo.
- The Scrap Gun is also slow firing, so make sure you don't miss your shots.
- The Scrap Gun reload animation can be canceled for a slightly faster reload. When Roadhog pushes his shells into the barrel of his Scrap Gun, pressing the melee attack will cancel the remaining animation allowing the player for a faster firing rate for the Roadhog and allowing him to strike a nearby enemy.
- This ability has a 8-second cooldown, making it a good thing to use whenever you need to kill someone.
- Chain Hook does 30 damage on hit. That plus Scrap Gun's left-click (up to 225) and a melee hit, deals 305 damage, killing most unbuffed heroes in the game.
Take a Breather
- This ability heals for 300 health, making it better than a large health pack.
- Use this ability if you're low on health and you can't find a health pack.
- If a support is healing you and you're really low on health, save the time for the support by using this.
- If you haven't lost that much health, you might just want to find a health pack or ignore it.
Ultimate: Whole Hog
- This ability knocks anyone you hit back, making good when reducing the power of a big push and throwing their aim off.
- Using the knockback on certain maps, such as Watchpoint: Gibraltar's first and last area, can be good to get rid of the defending team and push.
- You can't use any other abilities during Whole Hog, so make sure a Mercy or Zarya is helping you.
Roadhog is a ruthless killer with a well-earned reputation for cruelty and wanton destruction.
After the Omnic Crisis, government officials gifted the Australian omnium and the surrounding area to the omnics that had nearly destroyed their country, hoping to establish a long-term peace accord. This arrangement permanently displaced Mako Rutledge and a large number of the Outback's residents, a scattered collection of survivalists, solar farmers, and people who just wanted to be left alone.
Furious over the loss of their homes, Mako and others turned to violent rebellion. They formed the Australian Liberation Front and struck against the omnium and its robot population to take back the lands that had been stolen. Events continued to escalate until the rebels sabotaged the omnium's fusion core, resulting in an explosion that destroyed the facility, irradiated the region, and littered the Outback with twisted metal and wreckage for kilometers around.
Mako watched as his home became an apocalyptic wasteland, and he was forever changed.
Adapting to his environment, he donned a mask and took to the broken highways of the Outback on his ramshackle chopper. Little by little, his humanity was forgotten. The last vestiges of Mako faded away and the ruthless killer Roadhog was born.
- Voiced by Josh Petersdorf
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
|September 1, 2016 Patch|
|July 19, 2016 Patch|
|April 13, 2016 Patch[note 1]|
|February 9, 2016 Patch[note 2]|