Pokémon VGC 2021 Format: Series 11
Ranked Battles Series 11 (November 1, 2021 − January 31, 2022)
Ranked Battles Series 11 (or VGC 2021 Series 11) is a double battle ruleset for VGC on Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. The rules are identical to Series 8 and similar to Series 10 in which restricted Pokémon such as Mewtwo and Xerneas are allowed in battle. However, unlike Series 10, Pokémon are allowed to Dynamax.
- All battles are Double Battles played on Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
- Each player needs their own Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite and a physical or digital version of Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield to compete.
The following are the rulings for Ranked Battles Series 11 acquired verbatim from Pokemon.com:
- Similar to VGC 2021 Series 8 and VGC 2021 Series 10, players can include one of the following Restricted Pokémon:
- Mythical Pokémon are not permitted in battle.
- All other Pokémon from the Galar Pokédex, the Isle of Armor Pokédex, and the Crown Tundra Pokédex as well as certain other Pokémon are permitted.
- Only Pokémon obtained in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield or those with the battle-ready symbol are eligible.
- Pokémon will be allowed to Dynamax.
- All Pokémon are set to Lv. 50, including Pokémon below Lv. 50.
- Duplicate Pokémon are not allowed.
- Duplicate held items are not allowed.
- Each battle begins with a 90-second Team Preview phase.
- In each battle, players have the following time limits:
- 7 minutes of Your Time
- 45 seconds of Move Time
- 20 minutes of Game Time
- Play! Pokémon (2021-10-08). "Dynamax Pokémon Return in Ranked Battles Series 11 Starting October 31, 2021". pokemon.com.