Please note that inclusion of pages in mainspace is ultimately up to the discretion of the Liquipedia staff!
Sadly, not everything can be added to the wiki. We want all our pages to be as up-to-date as possible and to meet our quality standards in general. That is made harder the more pages are created, not to mention additional factors, such as the fact that lower ranked teams tend to not have social media where they announce transfers, and so on.
Now, these are not non-negotiable. This wiki contains coverage of certain teams, players and scenes that do not actually meet our guidelines, yet we allow them because there is an active volunteer(s) that keeps those pages of high-quality. This however does not mean that we will allow you to create a page for your team just because you say you will keep it up to date. On the other hand, if you were to be highly interested in, say, keeping the Spanish national scene up to date, then go ahead! In the cases where this is not the case however, all of this means we have to prioritise: we try to keep our coverage to just the top and the sub-top tier of competitive Pokemon as defined by the guidelines below. Any pages that do not meet these guidelines will not be deleted, but will be moved to your user space.
If you disagree with the decision for a certain page, please do come chat in our Discord.
Guidelines: When is a page deserved?
Players may receive their individual pages, as long as they surpass a certain threshold of notability. Check the bullet points below. If a player meets at least one of these criteria, then they are likely to be notable enough to warrant a page on this wiki.
- Achievements: If the player has achieved notable results as seen in the table below.
|Achieved at least one (1) of|
|Achieved more than one (>1) of|
- Previous history: If the player was a professional player in another game (Warcraft III, StarCraft: Brood War, StarCraft 2, ...)
- Sponsored: If the player is a notable member of a major organisation.
To create a new player page, follow the Player Template.
Broadcasters, commentators and match analysts may receive their individual pages, so long as they surpass a certain threshold of notability. Check the bullet points below. If a caster meets at least one of these, then they are likely notable enough to warrant a unique page.
- Pokémon broadcast team: The broadcaster is or was an official member of the Pokémon broadcast team.
- Community anchors: The broadcaster is or was one of the main anchors for a community or organization's production team which provides live coverage of events within a country or region. (e.g. Nugget Bridge, The Mirage Island, VGC Malaysia)
- Content creators: The broadcaster is or was a creator of TCG and/or VGC content and has accrued at least 500 Twitch followers or 1500 YouTube subscribers to their broadcasting channel.
- Previous history: The broadcaster was a professional player or caster/host in another game (Warcraft III, League of Legends, StarCraft 2, etc).
- Freelancer: The broadcaster has casted for a number of documented tournaments on the wiki in freelance capacity, which include at least
To create a new caster page, you can follow our Caster Template.
To create a team page or not to create?
When to create
If the team fulfills two of the following:
- The team has notable results, see When is a page deserved?
- The team is a well-established esport organisation with a number of sponsors, preferably with pages on the other Liquipedia wikis as well;
- At least three players with a Liquipedia page;
When not to create
- No notable achievements
- No website/social media
To create a new team page, you can use our Team page tutorial.
Leagues and tournaments with a cash prize of at least $100 USD should be added right away for documentary purposes. Priority is given to tournaments with notable players and teams.
To create a new tournament page, you can follow our Tournament tutorial.
Completely optional, but make your userpage a good indication of who you are! Feel free to be friendly or use some Userboxes to spruce things up.