From Liquipedia PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Wiki
This page contains a list of terms and definitions that are commonly found when discussing PUBG.
General Game-play terms
- 2X, 3X, 4X, 6X, 8X
- Scope, with 2 times, 3 times, 4 times, or 6 times,8times zooming capacity respectively.
- An ace is when a player kills the whole enemy team on his own in a match.
- Stands for Aiming Down Sight, which means looking through the scope of a weapon.
- A cheat that helps the player land their shots.
- A player whose role is to go for kills in a team while using automatic rifles.
- Also called the Magnum Sniper, the AWM is the most emblematic sniper of the game, known for downing an enemy in one shot, if the player hits a headshot.
- Used to insult a player that appears to have a lack of gamesense.
- Firing short bursts of two or three bullets with a pause to reset the recoil. Used mostly at medium ranges with guns which operate on burst mode
- Born To Clutch
- Call Outs
- The names for the different areas of a map, mostly used to tell the team where an enemy is or where to go.
- A player that camps remains in their spot for a long time, waiting for enemies.
- A clutch is a situation where a player wins a fight where he is at a disadvantage or where he is the only one left.
- The equivalent of a temporary ban from the competitive games, usually caused by leaving a game too many times.
- An abbreviation for the Desert Eagle pistol.
- Drop Shot
- A Drop Shot is a sudden move in which a player in order to surprise his teammate prones or drops suddenly while shooting.
- Entry-frag/Entry fragger
- The first kill/knockdown in a fight.Usually the entry fragger is a player who has the role to down the first player in a 4v4 fight.
- A sustained period of dominance by a single team in the professional scene.
- A cheat that allows a player to see the location of all enemy players on the map.
- Faking means trying to make enemies move from their position so that one can get info on the enemies position by hearing their footsteps.
- A very quick reflex shot that kills an unexpected enemy that appears far from the crosshair.
- A kill.
- To confirm a kill (To eliminate a player who has been knocked out)
- Good game. Said at the end of the match as a show of good sportsmanship.
- Good Luck Have Fun. Said at the start of the match as a show of good sportsmanship.
- A player that is griefing is intentionally sabotaging/throwing a game for his teammates, usually by teamkilling, or purposely flashing their teammates.
- A shot to the head, which deals the most damage of any shot on a part of the body.
- In-Game Leader. Designation of a player in a team that choose the strategies and make the main calls during the game.
- Iron Sight
- A term used for ADS on a gun which does not have an equipped scope.
- Strafing back and forth quickly near a corner to get information.
- A shot while jumping, far less accurate than a standing shot.It acts as a surprise element when a player is taking hard TPP in a corner
- Kills/Deaths ratio. The number of kills divided by the number of deaths. Used to quantify a player's performance.
- Stands for Kills Per Round. It's one measure of a player's performance in a match.
- Killsteal. When a player is about to get a kill on an enemy, and another player gets the final shot,or if some player knocks an enemy and some other player(from some other team) confirms it. the thus stealing the kill.
- An offline tournament where all players are in the same building while playing.
- Match fixing
- The act of throwing a game at a professional level, usually for money or skins.
- Matchmaking. An abbreviation for the competitive ladder.
- A synonym for Molotovs and Grenades.
- North America.
- Another name for the HE Grenade.
- Throwing multiple HE Grenades at the same location, in order to get a possible kill.
- Shooting with a sniper rifle without using the scope.
- Designates a new player. Often used pejoratively to say that someone doesn't know how to play.
- Nice shot. Used to compliment a nice shot.
- "Nice try". Used to compliment a nice move or play even though it failed.
- Also sometimes called "passive angle". Used to designate an angle that is not oriented towards usual peeking positions for the enemy team. Holding an off-angle is generally used to surprise the enemy by not holding common (active) angles. It sometimes implies being more exposed and banks on the element of surprise.
- Official tournament matches, as opposed to scrims.
- A one-shot to the head, usually when the enemy is low HP and gets knocked instantly
- Over Powered
- Rounding a corner, often in order to challenge an enemy player.
- Firing at a known hiding spot without knowing if there is actually an enemy there, in hopes of getting a kill if there is actually someone there.
- To lie down.
- Advancing towards the enemy side, aggressively
- The action of scoping and shooting with a sniper rifle in a really short timeframe. More accurate than a no-scope, but less accurate than being completely still and scoped.
- Recoil pattern
- Every weapon has a recoil pattern, which designates where the bullets go when fired continuously. Learning recoil pattern makes it possible to compensate the recoil of a weapon, and thus stay accurate while firing.
- Revenge kill
- Also called a trade kill, it's the action of killing the opponent that just killed a teammate.
- A rush is a strategy where a team pushes forward the enemy side very quickly, to catch them off guard. Can be done by when most of the enemies of the opposite team are knocked or dead.
- A rotation is a tactical change of positions on the map, and is usually done to get a better position in the map so as to get maximum kills and take minimum damage
- A player who stays ahead of his team and gets information about the location and position of enemy players.
- A player who is well rounded on all roles of a team and as the name says, supports the team in all aspects.
- A player who is an expert in Bolt Action Sniper Rifles who is used to find the first knock for the team.
- A practice match
- The term used to label the MP5K, Tommy Gun, Vector, Micro UZI , PP-19 Bizon , and UMP45.
- See an enemy player.
- A strategy used by teams to hold multiple angles so as to get a upper hand in a fight.A split can be a 1-3 or 2-2 while playing in a squad
- The strategy a team will follow for a round.
- A tag is a shot with a gun that doesn't kill. It is usually said that a player "has been tagged".
- Firing bullets one at a time, waiting for the recoil to reset, trading off rate of fire for accuracy. Mostly used at very long range.
- The act of intentionally trying to lose a game, when in a winning position
- A team kill, where a player (most likely accidentally) kills a teammate.
- The action of killing an opponent that just killed a teammate.
- A blanket term for all grenades.
Another name for an Armour.
- A type of cheat that lets the player see enemy players through walls.
- Esports League
- PUBG Mobile Indonesia National Championship
- PUBG Mobile Campus Championship
- PUBG MOBILE CLUB OPEN
- PUBG MOBILE ALL STARS
- PUBG MOBILE INDIA SERIES
- PUBG MOBILE INDIA TOUR
- PUBG Mobile Malaysia National Championship
- PUBG MOBILE PRO LEAGUE
- PUBG Mobile Star Challenge (Global)
- PUBG Mobile Street Challenge (Korea)
- PUBG Mobile Thailand Championship
- PUBG MOBILE WORLD LEAGUE
- PUBG MOBILE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- PUBG NATIONS CUP
- PUBG Mobile Vietnam National Championship
Non Game-play terms
- An experienced player that uses a new account to play in lower ranked games than his actual level.
- To be announced - Information not yet disclosed by the person or organization in question.
- To be determined - Something yet to be determined, such as tournament participants or release date.