Operation Burnt Horizon
- New operation
- Balance changes
- Bug fixes
- Misc changes
Rainbow Six goes to the land Down Under for Operation Burnt Horizon. Protection specialists with the SASR Mobility Platoon, Gridlock and Mozzie are assigned protection detail for a high-value convoy across sunburnt country. An unscheduled pit stop at a lonely petrol station turns into a standoff when their convoy is unexpectedly pinned down. Discover the new Outback service station map, where the red desert brings plenty of heat. Find more details in the full Patch Notes below, as well as many gameplay fixes implemented this Season.
2 New Operators
Joining Operation Burnt Horizon are two Aussies, Gridlock and Mozzie.
When the Season launches, Season Pass owners can unlock these new Operators immediately and gain exclusive access for seven days. All players can unlock these Operators with Renown or R6 Credits once those seven days have passed.
“Let’s get stuck into it, ya mongrels!” - Gridlock
The Australian Special Air Service Regiment (SASR) Mobility Platoon recognized Gridlock’s leadership qualities and mechanical prowess right away. With an airplane mechanic father and raised on a cattle farm where something always needed fixing, Gridlock found her calling in repairing engines. She’s a get things done person, who doesn’t shy away from hard work. Her skills don’t end there. She has expertise in a range of weapons and close protection duties, and has the ability to adapt to unexpected situations. Thanks to her engineering expertise, she received the National Emergency Medal for saving firefighters during the Esperance bushfires. When the stakes are high, she’s calm and collected. Her dry wit and patience makes her about the only one able to handle her Aussie cohort, Mozzie.
GADGET: Trax Stingers
Working in the SASR’s Mobility Troop Gridlock devised the Trax Stingers. A variation of road spikes, they aren’t just about stopping vehicles. Trax's design is a portable version that when activated, deploys a hexagonal cluster of spikes. These Trax Stingers cover uneven ground better than a straight mat. Once deployed they can replicate and spread out over a large area. This feature, unique for an Attacker, enables them to use the Trax as an obstacle to reshape the map and control an area. Effects on the enemy include slowing them down and causing damage when stepped on. Trax Stingers will be destroyed when shot or dealt impact or thermal damage.
“Some say I’m a pest. I say right back atcha, mate!” - Mozzie
Mozzie is a daredevil and fearless member of the Australian Special Air Service Regiment (SASR) Mobility Platoon. He excels in protection detail and reconnaissance operations, specializing in off-road driving and quick thinking. From an early age, he’s been racing bikes and building robots. Mozzie catches many people off-guard with his charm. He is clever and unconventional, and this can attract both the praise and wrath of his superiors. He and Gridlock have been friends and partners for many years. This partnership was put to the test when they were deployed together during the Esperance bushfires. Mozzie received the National Emergency Medal alongside Gridlock for saving firefighters during this operation.
GADGET: Pest Launcher
Mozzie’s Launcher is like no other. Pests are tiny 4-legged bots that can be used to target a single drone, or deployed into an area to prevent access by a drone. When launched, the Pest latches onto the nearest enemy drone and obscures its camera. It then initiates an override sequence to hack the drone and give control to Mozzie. Counter-intelligence is enabled with no risk of a counter hack. Single-use only, Pests self-destruct by dissolving into thin air once their target is in Mozzie’s control. Attackers are notified when their drones are nearing a deployed Pest. Once aware of the Pest, Attackers need to think carefully: should they risk giving their drone to Defenders, or retreat and lose potential intel?
Welcome to the Outback! This map kicks dust in your eyes in its homage to all the lonely service stations and motels along the forgotten highways that cross Australia’s desert. Fan favourites Oregon and Clubhouse were the inspiration when designing the 21st map of the game.
The map is divided into three distinct sections – the Garage, the Motel, and the Restaurant – with much effort put into ensuring each section is recognisable, even from a distance.
The focus returns to a style of gameplay that players have enjoyed in the past. There’s only one door between each of the sections but roamers can create new paths by destroying walls, and there’s always the option of changing floors as a flanking strategy. It’s a medium-sized map, so players won’t need to go far to find alternative routes. Packed with twists, turns, and Australiana, Outback is filled with unexpected corners and souvenirs from the Great Southern Land.
Explore this map in Australia’s Red Heart on our test server and submit your feedback on R6 Fix.
The Rainbow Six Siege team is releasing a new Newcomer playlist and offering updates to the Casual playlist.
First off, we are releasing a new multiplayer playlist for players under level 50, called the Newcomer playlist, to help them learn the basics of Rainbow Six Siege. They will play the Bomb mode of classic maps most representative of the game’s core gameplay, namely Chalet, Bank, and Consulate. Attackers will vote for a team spawn point while on the Defenders' side, the bomb sites will be automatically pre-selected by the game.
The Casual playlist will now improve the flow between the Newcomer and Ranked playlists. There are three key updates. First, the Defenders will know which bomb sites are selected before choosing their Operator. Second, the Attackers will now choose their individual spawn points. Third, the Action phase now lasts 3:30, allowing for an intermediary step between Newcomer and Ranked.
Finally, in order to stabilise the Ranked gameplay experience, the required minimum level has been raised to 30. This is meant to encourage beginners to take their time and learn the game before engaging in Ranked play.
Hibana Elite Set
We are sharing the teachings of the Japanese martial art Kyudo with this elite set. Operator Hibana knows better than most that learning a martial art takes a lifetime to master. Embodying precision and beauty, Elite Hibana proudly wears the Onkochishin uniform, along with the following: Victory animation, operator card, gadget skin for X-Kairos, and weapon skin for the Type-89, SUPERNOVA, P229 and BEARING-9. She’ll also have the Elite Hibana Chibi charm.
This set will be available with Operation Burnt Horizon.
Burnt Horizon Weapon Skins
Operation Burnt Horizon features a series of iconic themes of the land Down Under. From traditional aesthetics to sand, sea and surf, these skins evoke the fun and wild atmosphere of Australia.
This seasons weapon skins include the scaly freshwater Crocodylus, dangerous Ocean’s Teeth and finally hit the surf with Board Cove.
Seasonal weapon skins are released upon season launch and can purchased during that season. Once unlocked, the seasonal weapon skins can be applied to all available weapons and will remain in the player’s inventory.
Year 4 Season Pass
We are thrilled to launch another year of Rainbow Six Siege content with our Year 4 Pass. Your continuous support is essential as it drives us forward, and ensures our longevity.
As a thank you gift to Year 3 Pass owners who renew their Pass for Year 4, we offer 600 additional R6 Credits. Follow the link below for a detailed list of everything included in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege Year 4 Season Pass.
- Removed ACOG from R4-C
- Reducing Gu Mine damage per tick from 8 to 4
- Increase swap time between SURI Torch and weapons
After 18 seconds, phone calls from Dokkaebi will hang up on their own
- Being in range of Mute jammers will prevent Dokkaebi from calling you
- Walking into range of Mute jammers will hang up phone calls during the call
Hangup time was later reduced to 12 seconds in the patch notes addendum, here.
Increasing area of effect size Reducing damage per tick from 19 to 12
This change was later reverted in the patch notes addendum, here.
- Removing Muzzle Brake on Machine Pistol
General Tweaks & Improvements
- Deployment animation is much faster
- Damage on Attacker’s side is reduced from 150 to 50
- Damage area of effect on Defender side is increased
- Lethal damage area of effect on Defender side is reduced
We wanted to make the breach charge safer and more comfortable for the attackers to use.
Crouch and Lean Spam
We have identified a way to have a substantial impact on the viability of spamming crouch and lean commands. Currently, player animations allow players to snap from left to right lean, as well as crouching, without going through the full animation for that action. We will deploy a fix that prevents this from being exploitable in Y4S1.
We will continue to monitor the situation following the deployment of this fix, and take necessary steps should it not have the desired outcome.
We will be testing a switch to Advanced Gadget Deployment for all players. We feel very strongly that Advanced Gadget Deployment is the proper way to play Rainbow Six Siege, as it allows for more control over your Operator, as well as increased fluidity.
As always, we will be monitoring feedback on the Test Server, so please let us know what you think about this feature!
Shield Operator Rotation
When Shield Operators turn in place, there is a slight delay before the shield and upper body snap to align with the legs. This can cause a mismatch between first and third person perspectives. We are deploying a change that will make this left and right motion more fluid, and ensure that first and third person perspectives are aligned.
With the launch of Y4S1, we will be activating the Match Making and Rating (MMR) Roll Back feature. When a cheater is banned, this feature will roll back MMR gains and losses for all players from matches that the banned cheater participated in for that Season. The system will not grant you MMR beyond your max MMR for the current Season.
More details can be found in the MMR Roll Back article, here.
Newcomer Playlist Map Pool
Ranked Playlist Map Pool
Casual Playlist Map Pool (Ranked + Following Maps)
Main Bug Fixes
- Fixed – Bulletproof cameras can no longer be deployed underneath a Welcome Mat to make it impervious to bullets.
- Fixed – Bulletproof camera is not destroyed if it is placed underneath electrified barbed wire.
- Fixed – Drone destruction sound effects can be heard clearly through floors.
- Fixed – Ambient sound is louder than intended.
- Fixed – The swapping animation from a gun to a primary gadget can be skipped.
- Fixed – ACOG on the M249 does not accurately show where bullets will land.
- Fixed – Spamming the crouch button will lead to cases where the 1st person view is granted before the model is visible from another point of view.
- Fixed – Frag grenades do not always destroy a barricade near it.
- Fixed – Nitro cell damage was not reliable when placed on certain objects across all maps.
- Fixed – Guard break animation is not present in kill cam replays if the shield Operator is in motion.
- Fixed – Shield Operators crouching and leaning clip through their shield and can be damaged through it.
- Fixed – Legs of all shielded operators are clipping through the ballistic shield while in prone.
- Fixed – Sometimes Guard Break is cancelled when a player shoots the shield and melee’s at the same time.
- Fixed – The guard break animation displays incorrect behaviour when the shield Operator leans to the side.
- Fixed – The kill cam does not show the meleed stance for shield Operators.
- Fixed – Silent Step’s lowered stance is not replicated in first person.
- Fixed – Attackers are immune to Luison's damage for a few seconds if Caveira cancels the interrogation and shoots that attacker.
- Fixed – Audio cue for Airjab detonation does not always play properly.
- Fixed – No sound when Nomad's Airjab becomes active.
- Fixed – When deploying in player’s blind spot, Cluster Charges will have a delayed explosion effect.
- Fixed – Yokai’s attack lowers FPS when the Operator is near the effect.
- Fixed – When using advanced deployment, camera position returns to default for Yokai drones after following specific steps.
- Fixed – The X-KAIROS pellets positioning is unreliable.
- Fixed – Capitao's asphyxiating bolts can go through Mira’s Black Mirror and kill Operators on the other side.
- Fixed – Explosion sounds are muffled in 2F Security Room when listening from 2F Armory Lockers.
- Fixed – Spamming crouch allow a player to vault through the floor.
- Fixed – Drones can clip through a wall to provide an advantage to Attackers.
- Fixed – Players can use a ledge outside to get inside the courtyard.
- Fixed – The Defuser will remain stuck if dropped in the bush on the corner of the EXT Cafe Terrace with 2F Cafe.
- Fixed – Appearance for various objects while using the caster camera.
- Fixed – 2-0x0000C004 Session_Not_Found Error when accepting squad invite.
- Fixed – Player receives friendly fire message when using Evil Eye to shoot another Evil Eye.
- Fixed – Elite Mute - SMG-11 is missing Mute Elite’s Royal Fusiliers
- Fixed – Missing promote/demote animation in the result screen at the end of Ranked matches.
- Fixed – MMR points appear as if added from zero at the end of a Ranked match.
Patch Notes Addendum
We’ve made a number of changes and updates over the course of the Burnt Horizon Season Test Server. Below you will find a list of changes and updates.
To help optimize player experience for future updates, we are also in the process of restructuring how our game data is stored – this will help consolidate and reduce the overall game size. This means that the Burnt Horizon Patch will be larger than normal. Patch sizes for each platform will be provided prior to maintenance.
Lean Spam Camera placement
Previous camera placement at a full lean allowed players to fire without being completely exposed. As part of our fix to counteract lean spamming, we are shifting the camera to the center of the head instead of the far side of the head, even when at a “full lean”.Preview image.
Operator movement and running animations.
With Y4S1, we have cleaned up the animations in the back end, and streamlined them. This will allow us more freedom to implement new features and unique aspects of the game in the future, as the overall animation development pipeline has been streamlined. We have also updated the new running animations based on the player feedback we received so that the head lean is less aggressive to make the sprint animation look more natural. Comparison gif.
- Minimum Clearance Level for Ranked Playlist increased from 20 to 30.
- Reduction in HP after being revived from a DBNO state: PvP = 20 (down from 50), THunt = 15.
- Holosight color is now determined by the base skin of the weapon it is equipped on.
- Back to Wind Bastion version.
We're reverting Capitao back to his Wind Bastion version while we take a look at and evaluate the data and feedback we've gathered.
- Auto – hangup timer of Dokkaebi calls reduced to 12 seconds (down from 18).
We're cutting down the amount of time it takes to auto–hangup a call based on feedback, so mom will go to voicemail faster now.
- Fixed - When prone, moving/turning the camera even slightly will cause the Operator to make noise.
This problem is tied to the shield operator rotation fix for Y4S1, so we're reverting back to the old rotation system for the time being. What that means for the Shield Rotation Desync fix: While we have reverted the new rotation system for now to address the rotational noise issues, we're going to work on improvements to the rotation system and the shield desync fix so neither is an issue. Unfortunately, this means that the shield rotation desync issue will be present again for the time being. We are still targeting some time during Y4S1 for the shield rotation fix to be implemented, and will update players when we have more info.
- Fixed - Incorrect kill feed Death Icon.
- Fixed - Attacker's still receive electric damage even after leaving electrified reinforced walls.
- Fixed - Defenders are not being affected by Mute's Jammer when prone (players not registered as being within the AOE buff, blue indicator missing, cleanse not in effect).
- Fixed - Attackers can control a drone if they deploy a drone while being injured at the same time.
- Fixed - Transition animation from prone to sprint is almost instantaneous (the worm).
- Fixed - Moving while prone and leaning produces no sound.
- Fixed - Deploy and pick up animations are broken for the shield operators in 1st and 3rd person when using the breach charge.
- Fixed - Shield clipping when a shielded operator reload while aiming down at the ground.
- Fixed - Defenders pushed back by Nomad's Airjab into Gridlock's Trax Stingers destroy them without taking any damage.
- Fixed - Gridlock's Trax Stingers sometimes don't deploy.
- Fixed - Gridlock's M249 SAW contains an extra bullet.
- Fixed - Gridlock's F90 reload animation restarts if the reload animation is interrupted.
- Fixed - Pest is unusable if deployed on Mute's Jammer.
- Fixed - Pest can hack drones through single bullet holes on single layered destroyable surfaces.
- Fixed - Alibi's hologram still appears even when an Attacking Operator is moving through/on top of the gadget while in prone.
Buck & Blackbeard
- Fixed - Fire rate of Buck and Blackbeard's DMR in PVE are too low.
- Fixed - Fire rate on Caveira’s Luison is lower than intended.
- Fixed - Barbed wire is being electrified when vertically outside of the active radius of Kaid's Rtila.
- Fixed - Ying’s Burnt Horizon headgear model collapses her character model.
- Fixed - When sprinting, IQ keeps her gadget up to her face.
- Fixed - Popping animation when IQ is prone and leaning with her gadget.
- Fixed - Leaning with IQ's gadget while rappelling is not replicated from a third person POV on her model.
- Fixed - Various level of detail fixes across maps.
- Fixed - Sound does not propagate through a section of the floor in 2F office in Outback.
- Fixed - Players can vault onto the fridge in 1F Convenience Store in Outback.
- Fixed - Pixel line of sight in Compressor of Outback.
- Fixed - Players can get stuck inside a barrel after vaulting the fence in EXT Storage Yard of Outback.
- Fixed - Players can get onto the ceiling tarp in Gear Store in Outback.
- Fixed - Players can plant the defuser on the ceiling tarp in Gear Store in Outback.
- Fixed - Players can vault onto the shelf in 1F Garage in Outback.
- Fixed - Players cannot place barbed wire on 2F Back Stairs of Outback.
- Fixed - Defenders are being detected on the Stairs in 2F Outback.
- Fixed - Defuser can't be planted on the North side of 1F Bushranger room in Outback.
- Fixed - Vaulting inconsistency in Convenience Store in Outback.
- Fixed - Spawn locations are misplaced on the Outback map overview.
- Fixed - Placeholder model can be found in the 4F Cockpit on Yacht.
- Fixed - The black holographic sight takes more space in the screen than the brown one.
- Fixed - Visual issues with some models' eyes + eyelashes.
- Fixed - After cooking a frag grenade until it explodes, the grenade model remains + nearby grenade indicator remains for other players.
- Fixed - Overexposure of items when viewing in the shop/preview when switching between items.
- Fixed - In PvE/custom, hostage can be picked up before the progress bar is full.
- Fixed - Operators missing VO lines in the Article 5 PvE mission.
- Fixed - Character animations freeze in the main menu.
- Fixed - Pistol appears in the hands of an Operator when throwing their Drone.
- Fixed - Holographic sight is sometimes reflective and unusable.
- Fixed - Laser attachment is slightly misaligned with the mod rail for the SASR’s Super Shorty.
- Fixed - FPS Drops.
- Fixed - All skins/uniforms should now be available and correctly skinned/equippable.
- Fixed - The "Ocean's Teeth" Weapon Skin for IQ's 552 Commando is unavailable.
- Fixed - Crocodylus weapon skin missing texture.
- Fixed - Some legacy weapon skins missing for the Primary and Secondary shotgun for SASR ops.
- Fixed - Volcano and some weapon skins apply to the .44 Mag Semi–auto's scope.
- Fixed - Elite Ash Chibi isn't displaying when equipped on Shields.
- Fixed - Minor errors in the loadout description of Hibana's Elite skin.
- Fixed - Spelling error on Mozzie's badge in bio.