- Balance changes
- Reduced the ability warning to 1.5 seconds (from 3 seconds).
- Reduced the scanning to 2 seconds (from 4 seconds).
- Replaced the scan outline by a red ping debuff.
- Increased the number of charges to 3 (from 2 charges).
- Reduced the ability cooldown to 15 seconds (from 27 seconds).
- Vigil's ability ERC–7's cloak makes him immune to Lion's scan.
The Lion rework is ready. This change is aimed at reducing the oppressive feeling of his ability while maintaining his intel-gathering role. Following the changes introduced, we expect players to put more thought before using this ability and require more skill to be advantageous for the attacking team.
By switching from a scan outline to a ping debuff (like Alibi's), the effectiveness of the enemy detection will be diminished. Now, moving defenders can be detected up to three times, with 1 second between pings. Lion's scan will be more viable and will allow defenders to counter-play successful Lion detections.
The total duration of Lion's ability is shorter for both the warning and the scanning phases. The scan will last a total of 3.5 seconds (from 7 seconds).
To balance things, we have increased the number of uses to 3 and also reduced the ability cool-down.
- Dart fire damage per tick reduced to 12 (from 19/tick).
- Dart fire AOE size increased and now takes 2 seconds to reach max size.
- Arrows now follow a straight trajectory until 10 meters. Past 10 meters, there is an arrow trajectory falloff due to gravity.
We want to shift Capitao back to his original intention, which is that of an area denial Operator. This is possible by making further iterations on an improved propagation system that will make the area of effect no longer go through objects.
Additionally, based on feedback from the initial Test Server phase, we have adjusted the amount of time it takes to expand to the full area of effect. This will allow players time to react to the deployment of his Asphyxiating bolts.
- Ballistic shield flash cooldown increased to 7 seconds between flashes (from 2 second CD).
We are looking into reducing the amount of frustration generated by Blitz, without hampering his ability to rush the objective. Increasing the cool-down of his shield flash should give more leeway to defenders to adapt and counter the operator.
- AUG–A3 damage increased to 33 (up from 27).
- Remove a magazine from TCSG12 Shotgun to reduce total ammunition to 51 (down from 61).
By reducing the amount of slugs, we want players to choose between destroying soft walls to prepare their defence and using the weapon to repel attackers.
Increasing the damage of the AUG-A3 should make it a more viable choice for Kaid mains.
- Maestro’s Evil Eyes windows will automatically open halfway when disabled by EMPs or Shock Drones.
By allowing Thatcher or Twitch to have an effect on Evil Eyes, we want teams to rely a little less on soft destruction operators. Maestro mains will also have to be slightly more cautious when placing their gadgets..
- Added idle SFX to Nomad's Airjab once deployed to act as warning feedback for gadget position when active Airjabs are nearby.
- Replaced Claymore with 3x Stun Grenades in Nomad’s loadout.
In response to feedback about Airjabs being too difficult to counter, we added an idle sound following the gadget deployment. Our goal is to reward cautious players to spot nearby Airjabs and to adapt appropriately.
Thanks to her Airjabs, Nomad already had three gadgets designed to counter flanking by the defending team. That is why we decided to give her stun grenades instead.
- Changes to the reverse Candela cooking mechanic. The longer it cooks, the less time it takes to explode.
Just like frag grenades, the longer you cook them, the earlier they will explode. This change should also drive Ying players to put more effort into planning their attacks and to reduce Candela’s spamming
- IQ can now detect Echo when he is using his PDA.
For consistency, IQ will now detect Echo when he is using his PDA.
- Fixed - Sound propagation issues through destroyed walls.
Sound should now move through destroyed walls more clearly. This fix is currently still in progress as we work our way through the remaining walls where the issue is still present.
- Fixed - Pressing the Home button in a custom online match on PC/XBOX while using a controller kicks the player out of their own lobby.
- Fixed - Squads are forced out in custom online lobbies when one member leaves.
- Fixed - Inviting a squad member already in a custom lobby forces players out of the lobby and breaks invites from leader.
- Fixed - When ember lethal bolt is shot directly on a wall, fire FX is not occluded and damage is still dealt on the other side of the wall.
- Fixed - Kriss 308 damage curve dropoff. Damage curve now properly adheres to damage curve stated in UI.
- Fixed - Defenders can sometimes be pinged a 4th time at the end of Lion's debuff effect, after the 3 regular pings if there is network latency.
- Fixed - Sometimes defenders affected by Lion's scan can see a 4th red triangle appearing in the debuff icon after the scan if there is network latency.
- Fixed - White outline and inner glow of drones hacked by Mozzie disappear if Mozzie only has direct line of sight to only part/half of the drone. (fixed in all online modes)
- Fixed - Nomad’s detonation VO line does not play or plays too late when someone is caught in her Airjab.
- Fixed - Ying’s Candela SFX and UI crosshair indicators are not synchronized with the Candela lights while charging.
- Fixed - Ying’s Candela placement in her hand while crouching is off when viewed from 3rd person POV.
- Fixed - Players can clip through the walls of the brown sheds of Outback.
- Fixed - Gridlock Trax Stingers can deploy inside the indestructible floor at 3F Bedroom Hallway.
- Fixed - During the planning phase there is no way to pick up the defuser and no related UI elements are present on the Ready screen.
- Fixed - Defusers can be thrown in the shelf of 1F Garage of Outback, and operators can clip through the shelf as well.
- Fixed - Defuser cannot be retrieved after being dropped out of bounds behind a caravan in EXT Camping in Outback.
- Fixed - Defenders can reach Convenience Store Roof on Outback after vaulting a rail.
- Fixed - Players have a LoS towards Back Entrance by vaulting onto a vending machine in Outback.
- Fixed - Player have a LoS towards Fuel Pumps by vaulting onto a freezer in Outback.
- Fixed - Erroneous vault prompt at EXT Fuel Pumps.
- Fixed - Operators clip through metal railing when rappelling at EXT Motel Balcony in Outback.
- Fixed - Operators can enter a washing machine while rappelling on EXT Motel Balcony in Outback.
- Fixed - Operators clip through destructible walls in 2F Games Room and 2F Dorms of Outback.
- Fixed - LOD issues in 2F Office of Outback.
- Fixed - Operators can break collision with shelf in 1F Garage in Outback.
- Fixed - Minor visual texture and clipping bugs.
- Fixed - Players can vault onto catwalk area in 1F Garage of Clubhouse.
- Fixed - Attackers can go on top of the purple tarps on Coastline.
- Fixed - Various rocks outside Chalet do not have matching collision boxes.(fixed for some spots)
- Fixed - Loss of focus after selecting equip to all in shop menu can't be regained with keyboard.
- Fixed - R6 Extreme Fan and Pro League Chibi ’19 thumbnails have placeholder present.
- Fixed - The Golden Wattle Charm is missing from title.
- Fixed - Jäger's birthday skin operator icon is rotated compared to the normal icon.
- Fixed - Sledge's birthday skin operator icon is inverted compared to the normal icon.
- Fixed - Minor visual texture/modeling issues for Ash’s FBI uniform, Sledge’s First War Headgear, Mute’s Clone and Union Jack headgears.