Operation Ember Rise
- New operation
- Balance changes
- Bug fixes
- Misc changes
Something new is on the horizon, and Operation Ember Rise will shed light on it. Two operators, Amaru and Goyo, were recruited from Peru and Mexico, bringing with them innovation and change to Rainbow Six, along with a thrilling rework to Kanal.
Besides that, numerous changes and new features are on their way. As you scroll through the Patch Notes below, you’ll find more information on our plans for a Battle Pass, the new Champions rank and Unranked playlist, our new Operators menu, changes to the Shop interface and Player VS AI, and which Operators are getting a price decrease.
2 New Operators
When the Season launches, Season Pass owners can unlock these new Operators immediately and gain exclusive access for seven days. All players can unlock these Operators with Renown or R6 Credits once those seven days have passed.
“Amaru’s easygoing nature leads many to underestimate her…” - Dr. Harishva "Harry" Pandey
Specialist Azucena Rocío “Amaru” Quispe is cautious, that much is clear. But behind that caution lies a warmth and versatility that I’ve rarely seen before. I’m jealous of the way she sets people at ease, yet I sense it comes from a hard life, coupled with extraordinary resilience…
GADGET: Garra Hook
“Speed is essential when engaging with the enemy, and the Garra Hook does not disappoint…” - Elena « Mira » Álvarez Rainbow Director of R&D
The Garra Hook is a truly unique contraption. With it, Amaru can grapple onto ledges and windows and hoist herself up in record times.
Her opponents now not only have to worry about attacks from above, but also attacks from below. With the Garra, Amaru is the only operator that can go up an open hatch, instead of down.
When timed right, hooking the Garra onto a window can result in Amaru’s infamous Garra Kick, which instantly takes out an opponent standing behind the window.
“Goyo’s is always ten steps ahead, of allies and foes alike…” - Dr. Harishva "Harry" Pandey
Specialist César “Goyo” Ruiz Hernández surprised me. Young though he may be, his innate comprehension of human behaviors makes him a formidable opponent. For example, there are two things I will never ask him again: What my nervous tics are, and for a rematch at the game of chess…
GADGET: Volcán Shield
“The Volcán Shield impressed me, not because of its lethality but because of its efficacy as a deterrent…” - Elena « Mira » Álvarez Rainbow Director of R&D
Goyo gives a new, dangerous meaning to deception. With him in the field, every deployable shield is a question. Is this a simple obstacle, or could it blow up in your face?
Like the ordinary Deployable Shield, the Volcán Shield provides cover and allows Defenders to block pathways, but Goyo turns up the heat with an attached incendiary bomb. From the front, however, there’s little indication of which it might be. Until someone shoots the bomb to make it explode, the shield continues to be an obstacle for the Attackers.
Hopefully, Goyo’s teammates will remember to save that explosion for when an Attacker is standing in front of the shield, or climbing over it.
This season, a wind of change is blowing over Kanal. It’s been a long time coming, but we’re bringing a few things to this map that we felt were missing.
To start off, we wanted players to be able to rotate more easily. With only one path linking the eastern and western buildings, both Attackers and Defenders could find themselves cut off from the objective area. With two bridges, though, players can move more freely, and teams have to coordinate more efficiently in order to cover all entry points.
While this improves navigation, we pushed that further by adding two staircases to make vertical movement more accessible. Each building now has two each, color-coded to simplify call-outs.
Then, we increased the number of indoor playable areas and expanded some of them, like the Lounge Room. This should allow players to come up with new strategies, all while slowing down objective pushing.
Speaking of objectives, the third item is quite important: bomb site changes. The bomb on Kitchen has been moved to the Security Room, with a brand new doorway connecting it to the Map Room. The site in the Radio Room is now found in the expanded Lounge Room, across the hall from the usual Coast Guard site. Radar and Server remain unchanged, though you’ll find much of that area has been reorganized. Finally, a new pair of sites has been put in. At last, Bomb can be played on Supply Room and Kayak, although the area just outside has been turned into an indoors Diving Room. Overall, these new objectives should be more viable for all thanks to the new rotations and diminished spawnpeeking spots.
Hop on the test server and check out all the changes, big or small, for yourself! Feel free to submit your feedback on R6 Fix.
Battle Passes will soon be coming to Rainbow Six Siege. In Year 4, the Battle Pass will be deployed in 2 phases.
Operation Ember Rise will feature Phase 1 of the Battle Pass deployment: the Mini Battle Pass. Named “Call me Harry”, it centers around our Director of Rainbow, Dr. Harishva “Harry” Pandey. This Pass is completely free. As you play, you’ll earn Battle Points which in turn allow you to unlock Tiers and rewards. Completing this Pass will award the unique Harry Chibi charm. The Mini Battle Pass is a learning experience for us and we would love to receive your feedback on R6 Fix.
Phase 2 will be the Battle Pass, launching during Season 4. More information will be available then.
The Siege experience is constantly improving, and with Ember Rise we’re introducing another playlist to help with the learning curve.
Unranked is a multiplayer playlist which follows the Ranked ruleset, but doesn’t affect a player’s Rank or MMR. So whether you’re into competitive gameplay but would rather do without the pressure of a ranking system, or you want to get familiar with Pick & Ban and other associated features before heading into Ranked, this is the playlist for you.
Keep in mind, however, that Ranked policies also apply to this playlist, and any sanctions you incur in it will also apply to the Ranked playlist.
New Champions Rank
As the Ranked playlist continues to evolve, so does the ranking system. For now, Diamond remains at its peak, but a new rank is taking it one step further.
Once a player reaches 5000 MMR, they’ll enter the Champions rank. While it mostly functions like other ranks, it has something that ups the ante: individual rank numbers. The top 9999 players with the highest MMR within the Champions rank will have their standing displayed on their rank, which means that whichever player has the highest MMR in the game will be recognized as the #1 Champion.
This doesn’t mean, however, that Champions who aren’t currently in the top 9999 will be taken down to Diamond. As long as you remain above 5000 MMR, you are a Champion.
Operation Ember Rise also brings a few modifications to the map pools of various playlists. Casual will be reduced from 20 maps to 14, while Ranked and Unranked are down to 12, from 14. To start off the season, the maps that are being cycled out of Casual are: House, Presidential Plane, Yacht, Favela, Theme Park and Tower.
The Casual playlist will also have a new rotation system, cycling 3 maps in and out every month. The reduced number of maps will give players the opportunity to familiarize themselves more with the map pool, while the rotation will allow for more diversity. The first monthly rotation will take out Skyscraper, Fortress and Oregon, and replace them with Tower, Presidential Plane, and House.
On the side of Ranked and Unranked: Hereford, Theme Park and Fortress are being removed, while the brand new rework of Kanal will be added.
The biggest change to the map pool, however, is that night mode will no longer be available in the Casual and Newcomer playlists. It will only be playable through Custom Game. Also, Theme Park will be removed from all playlists in preparation for its rework with Season 4.
Ranked Playlist Map Pool
Casual Playlist Map Pool (Ranked + Following Maps)
Player Behavior Updates
The work we do to improve the community never stops, and a few new things are coming out during Ember Rise to help with that.
The first thing we’re changing pertains to the sanctions a player receives for leaving a Ranked (or Unranked) match in progress. Repeat offenders will now get increased suspension durations for every time they leave a match in those two playlists. Additionally, when a player leaves a Ranked or Unranked match, other playlists will be locked while the match they quit is ongoing.
Second, we’ve been working to make idle players less of an annoyance. When an automatic idle kick is incoming, the idle player will receive an onscreen warning and countdown. Also, if a player remains idle for the duration of the preparation phase, they’ll automatically drop the defuser, if they have it, when the action phase begins.
New Operators Menu
More improvements are on the way, and our revamped Operators menu is one of them. The new Operators page showcases an Attacker and a Defender either at random or chosen by you. Three buttons will lead you to three different pages.
“ATTACKERS” and “DEFENDERS” are your two access points for the separated Operator albums, which are redesigned to fit more Operators than the previous iteration. Each Operator button features their face and icon, and when hovering over them you’ll see their gadget name and icon. Click on one to go through to the usual Operator page.
The third button, “PREVIOUS YEARS’ OPERATORS”, takes you to a page made specifically for our yearly Operator Packages. You can then purchase all the Operators of a single year, as indicated in the Package descriptions.
Additionally, when consulting an Operator’s page, you’ll be able to cycle Operators forward and backward using the arrow keys or the left stick.
Shop Interface Changes
Speaking of improving the in-game menus, additional changes are on the way for the Shop. These will improve your browsing experience and help you in deciding what you would like to purchase.
When previewing an Elite set, you will now be able to see its victory animation before you decide to purchase it. Also, when you want to inspect a Bundle’s contents, you’ll have the option to look at and select each item with the new “View Bundle Content” button.
Streamlined Player VS AI
Players have long used the Player VS AI game modes as a warmup. Whether it’s to practice your aim, to get yourself in the mindset for your next match, or simply to get used to the game’s controls as a newcomer, Terrorist Hunt and Situations remain available to you. Now, a few tweaks will essentially change them into something more reliable and simple.
In order to make Terrorist Hunt more representative of Multiplayer gameplay, a few things have been removed. Bombers will no longer appear, and both Nitro Cells and Barbed Wire will no longer fill entire rooms, though they’ll still be found scattered throughout the maps.
On the other hand, Situations have been reordered from easiest to hardest, and their progression will no longer be locked, so you can play and complete them in any order you want.
Mira Elite Set
Mira’s family has a long history of fighting for what they believe in. As an important member of Rainbow Six, she’s continued that tradition. This new set of hers is an homage to her grandmother’s service in hard times. She wears it with pride to honor her duty and that of those who came before her.
Slip on the Inspiración uniform, victory animation, gadget skin for her Black Mirrors and weapon skins for the Vector .45 ACP, ITA12L, USP40 and ITA12S, as well as the Elite Mira Chibi charm, all of which will be available soon after the launch of Operation Ember Rise.
Ember Rise Weapon Skins
Inspired by the rich culture of South America, we have two incredible weapon skins for this season that all are bound to love.
The alluring Eternal Wind design draws inspiration from the Aztecs, with carved stone and teal mosaic tiles.
The bright Eternal Sun design illustrates the beauty of the Inca, with shining gold and semi-precious accents.
Seasonal weapon skins are released upon season launch and can be purchased during that season. Once unlocked, the seasonal weapon skins can be applied to all available weapons and will remain in the player’s inventory indefinitely.
Operators Price Decrease
Following the pattern from last season, a new batch of Operators will see a price decrease in Season 3. Capitão and Caveira’s prices will now be 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits. Ying, Lesion and Ela’s will come down to 15,000 Renown or 360 R6 Credits, while Maverick and Clash’s prices will decrease to 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
Shotguns will now destroy wooden beams more reliably.
Side Arm Destruction
Rhino-40 (Alibi and Maestro’s Revolver) and the LFP 586 (GIGN Revolver) will have the same destruction output as the D-50
Secondary Gadget Changes
Smoke: Impacts replaced with a Deployable Shield Rook: Deployable Shield replaced with Barbed Wire Jager: Deployable Shield replaced with Bulletproof Camera Frost: Barbed Wire replaced with Deployable Shield Mira: Deployable Shield replaced with Barbed Wire Lesion: Deployable Shield replaced with Bulletproof Camera Maestro: Deployable Shield replaced with Impact Grenades Warden: Impact Grenade replaced with Deployable Shield Dokkaebi: Stun Grenades replaced with Frag Grenades Glaz: Claymore replaced with Frag Grenades Nokk: Stun Grenades replaced with Claymore
ADS time increased from 0.4s to 0.6s.
- PDW will now properly lose damage over distance.
- Base damage: 38
- Damage at 18m: 38
- Damage at 28m: 26
- The 417 will now have 10 additional rounds per magazine.
- Deployment time for Cluster Charge reduced from 2 seconds to 1.6 seconds.
- Aug A3 Damage increased from 33 to 36.
- Duration of Glance Smart Glasses increased from 8 to 10 seconds.
We have made the movement penalty when looking through smoke less punishing, so you now reach your final opacity level more quickly, and suffer less opacity restriction when making small movements.
General Tweaks & Improvements
Deployable Shield V2
We will be releasing the new Deployable Shield that has been on the Test Server for the past few months. We are looking forward to your feedback!
Electronic Gadget Disable State
We are implementing Thatcher’s debuff icon when Defenders are under the effect of Thatcher's EMP grenades, and will extend to gadgets that are attempting to be deployed while in the disabled state.
Asphyxiating bolts are no more! In conjunction with an updated propagation and visual effects system, Capitao has replaced his Asphyxiating bolts with Fire bolts.
We will be implementing a limit to the MMR gap between party members. There cannot be a bigger gap than 1000 MMR between the players with highest and lowest MMR in the squad in order to play Ranked. Players can check their squad members' MMR in the Side Panel Profile.
For players above 4400 MMR (Diamonds), you are able to group with any player above 3400 MMR (Platinum). Players below 1200 MMR can group with players below 2200 MMR.
Vault Distance has been reduced from 2.5m to 2m.
First Person Animation Tree Refactor
In an effort to ensure scalability for the future of Rainbow Six Siege, we refactored the First Person Animation Tree. This means that we are re-organising and simplifying the structure “under the hood” of how our First Person Animations are integrated in our game engine.
These changes have no impact on game play, and only affect animations that your Operator does on your own screen, locally. That said, this is the final step in correcting weapon sights, as they are now “code driven” under this new structure.
Main Bug Fixes
- Fixed – It is possible to remove the recoil of any gun by following some steps.
- Fixed – In more than 70 FPS, using macro input or "Hold" to crouch controls, players can change very quickly between "Prone" and "Standing" stances
- Fixed – The end of the counter–defusing animation is slow
- Fixed – Player can move a bit while counter defusing
- Fixed – While players are holding a gadget, they can quickly swap to their weapons by pressing the secondary gadget button
- Fixed – When the Breach Charge is placed on the floor, it can deal damage through un–breakable surfaces to characters that are below the explosion point.
- Fixed – The Breach Charge can deal damage through walls that are not destroyed by the explosion when it is placed in corners.
- Fixed – C4 does no damage if on a indestructible floor and not attached to the ground
- Fixed – A drone can get stuck inside Deployable Shield's collision if the defender deploys the shield on top of the drone.
- Fixed – Drones remain floating in the air after throwing it into an operator, having different replication for the one that threw it.
- Fixed – Players first access pre–destroyed cameras after most map cameras are destroyed
- Fixed – Ballistic shields can sometimes prevent players clients from letting them vault after dying.
- Fixed – Operators positioned near a ladder can only Pick Up the Shield after looking at its sides.
- Fixed – Operators can spectate the area where they died if the last camera of a Support Group is destroyed.
- Fixed – Throwable adhesive gadgets can deploy and remain mid–air if colliding with a thrown Prisma gadget
- Fixed – Prisma activation SFX is present when a user blocks the hologram from forming and melees its location
- Fixed – Prisma warning markers disappear after 20s when they are deployed outside
- Fixed – Standing on top or behind a Prisma hologram lowers the effectiveness of flash effects.
- Fixed – A Bandit battery attached to a Deployable Shield can clip with the shield if it is placed from a specific angle.
- Fixed – Rifle Shield HUD does not update when the Shield is damaged
- Fixed – Buck skeleton key does not always destroy wall studs on all maps
- Fixed – Capitao fire damage can propagate through the roof if players shoot their darts at flat surfaces too close to ceilings
- Fixed – Caveira can interogate targets while falling
- Fixed – Downed friendly health bar remains displayed when being interrogated.
- Fixed – Her legs will clip outside her protective zone of her shield allowing other players to shoot her foot.
- Fixed – The Yokai drone can clip through ceilings when jumping with high FPS.
- Fixed – Echo drones fixed on a ceiling hatch continue to stay in place after ceiling hatch is destroyed.
- Fixed – Echo's gadget Yokai can clip through the bomb and become indestructible.
- Fixed – While spectating a defender that's using the observation tools, Dokkaebi's hacking visual effect will disappear if the observed defender switches between cameras during the Logic Bomb call.
- Fixed – Frost's welcome mat can be activated by walking close to the elevated surface it's placed on
- Fixed – Fuze's AK–12 has muffled firing SFX when firing in full–auto
- Fixed – In 3rd person, the throw animation for the mother Trax Stinger is out of sync when thrown
- Fixed – Occasionally, expected destruction caused by Hibana X–Kairos was not properly replicated between server and clients
- Fixed – IQ's animation can freeze when she picks up a Claymore while she has the primary gadget equipped.
- Fixed – Activating IQ's gadget and entering Observation Tool at the same time will lock movement function of her Drone.
- Fixed – IQ loses functionality if switching weapon fire modes right after switching to her primary gadget.
- Fixed – A pushed back ballistic shield operator is still protected during the pushback animation.
- Fixed – Evil Eyes' shooting effect doesn't stop if Dokkaebi calls Maestro while shooting with the turrets.
- Fixed – Maestro's turret can be visually desynchronized if it has been moved during the first seconds of a Dokkaebi call
- Fixed – Maestro's cam overlay overlaps with Dokaebbi's logic bomb overlay if player changes cameras to the Evil Eye while is receiving a call
- Fixed – Maverick’s blowtorch can cut much faster while prone and in ADS.
- Fixed – Walls receives no damage from blowtorch if previously damaged.
- Fixed – Players can vault onto a black mirror.
- Fixed – Defender cameras will remain in motion if the user switches to Mozzie drone while simultaneously moving a defender camera
- Fixed – Twitch drone view is in color for other Ops in observation tool/support when it should be in black & white
- Fixed – Various clipping issues on all maps
- Fixed – Various level design, light, texture issues on all maps
- Fixed – Gadget deployment issues for various operator gadgets on differing surfaces.
- Fixed – Various drone navigation and collision issues on all maps.
- Fixed – Some soft walls or pairs of walls have one–way bullet penetration.
- Fixed – Sticky Gadgets can be hidden inside multiple assets
- Fixed – Unnecessary vault prompts on certain maps.
- Fixed – Operators remain standing after switching to prone position while the operator's back is against a railing.
- Fixed – Inconsistency when players shoot through two glass layers
- Fixed – Bullets do not cause destruction on the third soft–wall layer they penetrate
- Fixed – Players can see outside and through the ceiling of 1F Tellers Office on Bank.
- Fixed – Dome edge on EXT Roof can give line of sight to 2F Office hallway on Border
- Fixed – There is an invisible collision on top of the radio tower of EXT Roof
- Fixed – Players are able to hide under a storage shelf in 1F Kitchen of Clubhouse
- Fixed – Players can see through some parts of the wall in the Tunnel / EXT Construction Site in Clubhouse.
- Fixed – There is a direct line of sight on the Lakeside spawn from 1F Trophy Room on Chalet
- Fixed – New ways to get on the purple tarps on Coastline.
- Fixed – Defenders can view the rooftop when a Black Eye is placed on a ceiling ledge.
- Fixed – Players can get into the blue bar counter.
- Fixed – Player can see through the walls with a Valkyrie cam from 1F West Corridor of Consulate.
- Fixed – There is a direct line of sight to the spawn point if Defender from 2F Old Tower window on Fortress.
- Fixed – Players can get vision inside B Generator Room from EXT West Courtyard of Hereford.
See Kanal Rework
- Fixed – Defenders can jump out of the East Window and Kill Attackers in EXT Park Alley before being detected on Kafe
- Fixed – Players can shoot through a gap in Ext Back Alley into Kitchen on Kafe
- Fixed – Players can drop the defuser behind vending machine on EXT Balcony of Outback.
- Fixed – Grzmot mine effect will not apply to attakers that vault through the window between EXT Dining Hall and 2F Dorm main hall
- Fixed – Players can vault inside on washing maching in B laundry room on Oregon.
- Fixed – Attackers can place the Defuser outside the designated bomb site at 1F Kitchen spawn point on Oregon.
- Fixed – The defuser can't be picked up when dropped on either pickup truck at EXT Junkyard on Oregon.
- Fixed – C4 will not cause damage if placed in the gap between the lamp and the wall of B Art Storage on Villa.
- Fixed – Drones and gadgets are destroyed if they are thrown in a pile of snow on Yacht.
- Fixed – Multiple operator modeling, texture and clipping issues
- Fixed – Numerous Caster–mode visual bugs
- Fixed – Various PvE THunt and Situations glitches
- Fixed – Various minor audio and SFX bugs
- Fixed – Minor item, shop and menu UI visual glitches
- Fixed – EOR replay clipping and HUD glitches
- Fixed – Players need to reboot to receive a free Event Pack reward from a challenge.
- Fixed – After picking up any throwable gadgets the weapon holding animation becomes corrupted.
- Fixed – Players will sometimes spawn facing or too close to allies, resulting in accidental team killing if weapon trigger is pressed
- Fixed – Recruit loadout resets to previously used configuration upon confirmation
- Fixed – Defuser isn't automatically dropped when the player idled during the prep phase.
- Fixed – RFF is activated after putting a teammate in DBNO state without the an intentional/not intentional prompt
- Fixed – Players can't hear others in Voice chat and see themselves as Offline.
- Fixed – If a player leaves a session on the operators card, the loading screen will show the other 4 players as disconnected instead.
- Fixed – Going back and forth between leaning on both sides will cause visual issues.
- Fixed – Player experiences rubber–banding after swapping weapons
- Fixed – Blown walls immediately cause rubberbanding for any player passing through.
- Fixed – User gets idle kicked if the round ends during Prep phase.
- Fixed – Shield operators have a desync between 1st and 3rd person doing an ADS while sprinting.
- Fixed – Defuser icon remains on the HUD if the player with the Defuser leaves during Planning Phase.
- Fixed – Both arms disappear when sliding down a ladder
Patch Notes Addendum
Many changes have been made over the course of the Ember Rise Test Server period. Below you will find the additional patch notes for Operation Ember Rise.
For full details and insights into the Y4S3 balancing changes, please see our Pre-Season Designer’s Notes.
- Defuse timer changed to 7 seconds (from 5s) for both Ranked and Unranked playlists. Casual playlist still at 5s defuse timer.
- Hostage position in 2F Theatre room on Coastline has been moved to in front of the TV.
- Slightly increased vulnerability radius of deployable shields and Volcan shields to explosives.
- Goyo – Fire from Volcan Shield fire AoE duration lowered to 10s (previously 12s).
- G8A1 magazines (IQ and Amaru) increased to 301 (up from 201) in PvP. PvE increased to 401 (from 201).
- SMG Recoil Animation Update - With Ember Rise we updated the SMG animations and now each one has it's own unique set of animations. The resulting effect is that there is less perceived shaking when ADS. This is an update to the animation only and recoil has not changed.
- RFF (Reverse Friendly Fire): We have delayed the following updates while we work on a few things.
- Player Behavior – Playlists lock after leaving a ranked game.
- Player Behavior – RFF Squad management.
- Player Comfort – New surrender parameters.
We’ll provide an updated timeline for these changes when they are closer to release.
- Fixed – Hot breaching exploit.
- Fixed – Reloading of an extra shell in all non–magazine fed shotguns.
- Fixed – Frag grenades remains in the player's hands if you attempt to ADS and use the gadget before the ADS animation completes.
- Fixed – Nitro cell sometimes wont detonate.
- Fixed – Reinforcing a wall after attaching a shield in a nearby door way will destroy the shield.
- Fixed – Full ADS accuracy is not attained when ADS animation is completed.
- Fixed – While vaulting, ADS is misaligned for operators with ballistic shields.
- Fixed – ADS shooting animation is delayed after sprinting when angled grip is equipped.
- Fixed – Advance deployment gauge does not match the real deployment time of the Deployable shield V2.
- Fixed – Quickly switching between secondary and primary gadgets will cancel the deployment animation.
- Fixed – Improper breach charge explosion can result in damage or death of players on deploying end.
- Fixed – Detonating a "Breach Charge" does not pull operator out of ADS.
- Fixed – Breach charges can kill a player through a soft wall that was not destroyed.
- Fixed – Two shields can be placed within the same double doorframe. One doorframe = one deployable shield.
- Fixed – Deployable shields cannot be attached onto two doors that are close to each other.
- Fixed – Player is unable to attach a shield on a door after a previous shield was attached to it and destroyed.
- Fixed – Weapon rotation and lean transition times are out of sync.
- Fixed – Switching between spectating the owner of a drone and the drone can remove SFX of jammed drones and pest SFX.
- Fixed – Currently, if Volcan shield explodes and kills the hostage, the player that detonated the explosion is responsible. Now Goyo/his team are responsible in all situations. Goyo’s Volcan shield kills will follow the same design philosophy of Smoke/Capitao – if the hostage dies or goes into DBNO from the shield, Goyo is responsible. If Goyo leaves the game/disconnects, his team is responsible.
- Fixed – Missing RFF icon in kill log and death cam replay if a player suicides by bleeding out during DBNO as a result of RFF.
- Fixed – Suiciding after RFF is active gives the wrong message and killfeed icon.
- Fixed – Situations: RFF UI appears when player dies while holding the hostage.
- Fixed – RFF: When hostage is killed by Volcan Shield while Goyo is dead, his team is responsible. Intent: In line with our RFF design philosophy, as long as Goyo is in the game, dead or alive, he should be responsible for the hostage death.
- Fixed – Audio detection warning for attackers when teammate triggers an Alibi prisma.
- Fixed – Alibi Prisma will cancel the pick-up prompt when placed closed to a Deployable shield V2, when player is not the host of the session.
- Fixed – Red marker for Garra Launcher will sometimes not appear for hatches if used at a bad angle.
- Fixed – Various incorrect landing zones when reeling.
- Fixed – Mismatched/conflicts with rappel zones for Amaru’s Garra Launcher.
- Fixed – Weapon autoswap for Amaru is slow when reeling to a rappel zone with a railing.
- Fixed – Amaru can reel before being put into DBNO after falling.
- Fixed – From a third person POV, after Amaru uses her Garra Launcher, other players cannot see her cooldown animation or the no ammo one. (It appears as if her gadget is not on cooldown and she has uses still available).
- Fixed – Teammates are unable to retrieve the defuser if Amaru was carrying it and is killed mid–air while reeling from certain spots.
- Fixed – Maverick can cancel bandit's shock wire placement animation when using the blowtorch on the same wall.
- Fixed – Blackbeard cannot enter ADS after equipping his rifle shield while performing a full reload.
- Fixed – Blitz instant ADS after using gadget.
- Fixed – If the player spams primary and secondary gadget inputs, Buck is able to use an invisible primary weapon with the hostage.
- Fixed – Broken recoil animation for Nomad and Buck when shooting and switching between primary and gadget.
- Fixed – Caveira stepping on Trax Stinger cancels stealth and keeps draining energy from the gadget.
- Fixed – Clash CCE shield can clip through Clash’s body if spamming weapon/shield swapping.
- Fixed – Clash VFX issues when equipping CCE Shield.
- Fixed – Yokai Concussion VFX is shorter if the player is already in motion when hit by the Sonic Burst.
- Fixed – Inconsistent behavior when using Echo’s Yokai’s sonic burst from above a ceiling fan.
- Fixed – A grzmot mine detonated between a planted defuser and a wall will have no effect for the defender.
- Fixed – Finka sprints empty handed when using her primary weapon SPEAR.308.
- Fixed – Goyo’s shield can disappear when Thunt bots throw grenades or vault over it in Laundry Room, House.
- Fixed – Killing Goyo while he’s picking up his shield can result in a crash.
- Fixed – Barbed wire isn’t destroyed by Volcan Shield explosion.
- Fixed – If her gadget is active, IQ's animation can freeze when picking up a claymore.
- Fixed – Jager’s model can get stuck and player will lose control/functionality when deploying his ADS.
- Fixed – Iron sight on Maverick’s M4 is stretched.
- Fixed – Mute is not interrupted by the Echo drone when deploying his gadget.
- Fixed – Picking back up a deployed Mozzie pest or Mute jammer disables the SFX of other pests/jammers for players who are on their drone when that happens.
- Fixed – When Nomad’s Air Jab is activated by a prone player, players can lose operator functionality.
- Fixed – Nomad's Airjab doesn't interrupt Caveira's Silent Step.
- Fixed – Glitched Nomad Airjab launcher equip animation when vaulting.
- Fixed – Certain steps can let Nomad load an extra airjab.
- Fixed – Thatcher Debuff icon progression animation does not match the effect duration in server matches.
- Fixed – Thatcher EMPs can be destroyed by explosives.
- Fixed – Warden’s hands and weapon are out of sync when transitioning between ADS or sprinting.
- Fixed – Excessive Valkyrie Black Eye glitch VFX.
- Fixed – Valkyrie Black Eye camera pivot point. We have fixed the camera inside Valkyrie’s Black Eye Cams by putting the camera back closer to its intended pivot point. This change brings the Black Cams back to their intended use and scope of vision, and prevents players from seeing through solid objects that shouldn’t be seen through, preventing potential exploitation of her cams.
- Fixed – Various visual texture and LOD issues on maps.
- Fixed – Various lighting issues on maps.
- Fixed – Various clipping issues on maps.
- Fixed – Glass from the skylines on Bank make no noise when shattered with gadgets.
- Fixed – Drones can clip into the walls from EXT Terrace on Bank.
- Fixed – Defenders are able to reinforce the destroyed trap door located in 2F Armory Desk room of Border.
- Fixed – Players can go onto the purple tarps on coastline.
- Fixed – Explosions don’t do damage at EXT South Promenande on Coastline.
- Fixed – LOS on Coastline from Main Entrance.
- Fixed – Drone clipping into ruined wall at EXT Ruins of Coastline.
- Missing hard surface restrictions on Coastline which allow players to detonate cluster charges and candelas inside the wall.
- Fixed – Echo’s Yokai can be attached under an invisible object in 1F Lobby of Clubhouse.
- Fixed – Ying Candelas and Fuze Cluster Charges can’t be deployed on certain surfaces in Clubhouse due to impediments.
- Fixed – Defenders can be shot through a reinforcement while deploying in 2F Bathroom of Clubhouse.
- Fixed – Pixel LOS on Clubhouse in EXT Parking.
- Fixed – Players can rappel onto an invisible ledge in Hereford.
- Fixed – Collision near trees results in a fatal fall when rappelling from the roof on Kafe.
- KANAL rework bug fixes over the TS include: fixes to pixel peeks, spawn peeks, long LOS, object bullet penetration issues, drone clipping issues, out-of-bounds issues, etc. (see Test Server Patch Notes for full details).
- Fixed – Operators with a dark uniform can be hard to spot when crouched next to the bed in 2F Dorm Room of Oregon.
- Fixed – Defuser can be planted inside the drawer of 2F Kids Dorms on Oregon.
- Fixed – Barricade for eastern window in 2F Master Bedroom of Villa sometimes fails to load.
- Fixed – Players can hide in the bar of 2F games Room on Villa.
- Fixed – Fuze cluster charges can get stuck and explode inside the floor if placed too close to the hard surface area near the pool table at 2F Games Room of Villa.
- Fixed – Painting hooks remain floating after wall destruction, retain collision physics.
- Valkyrie can place a Black Eye behind the curtain at 1F Red Stairs on Villa.
- Fixed – Mysterious Garage (it has mysteriously vanished 👀).
- Menu and UI SFX + VFX improvements and updates.
- Fixed – Various model clipping/animation issues.
- Fixed – Various spectator mode issues.
- Fixed – Kill feed shows RFF icon when player kills the last enemy.
- Fixed – Report Griefing and Report Voice Abuse report options are not available when reporting a non–friend player.
- Fixed – Missing dropped magazine objects after reloading.
- Fixed – Operators can see their weapons and shield when going onto cams.
- Fixed – Updated Rate of Fire UI stats for various weapons in game to match actual RoF.
- Fixed – Missing bullet decals from new deployable shield.
- Fixed – After reconnecting to a Ranked match, the “ongoing ranked match” ribbon remains and prevents player from starting any other multiplayer modes that are not Ranked.
- Fixed – Title remains stuck on loading screen if player is playing a Situation without completing the previous one in a single play session.
- Fixed – Controller-specific icons not showing properly on PC.
- Fixed – Shield Operator’s shields flip upside down when they go into observation mode while walking.
- Fixed – Operator hands can clip inside while deploying the deployable shield.