Operation Neon Dawn
- New operation
- Balance changes
- Bug fixes
- Misc changes
- 1 Overview
- 2 New Operator
- 3 Map Rework: Skyscraper
- 4 Jäger Cooldown
- 5 Hibana Configurable Shot
- 6 Echo Visible Yokai
- 7 Runout Timers
- 8 Defuser Planting Detection Improvements
- 9 Gadget On Gadget Interactions
- 10 Chat Accessibility
- 11 Sixth Guardian
- 12 Operators Price Decrease
- 13 Neon Dawn Weapon Skins
- 14 Operator Balancing
- 15 Tweaks & Improvements
- 16 Patch Notes Addendum
- 17 Y5S4 Patch Size
- 18 Tweaks & Improvements
- 19 Bug Fixes
- 19.1 Gameplay
- 19.2 Level Design
- 19.3 Operators
- 19.4 User Experience
- 20 External Links
We are ending Year 5 of Rainbow Six Siege stronger than ever with the supercharged season Operation Neon Dawn! For this occasion, we’re introducing another Defender to our roster: fierce Thai Operator Aruni. She is equipped with the Surya Gate, a device that zaps drones and projectiles. This new Unique Ability will have opponents' heads spinning.
You’ll find all the information about the season’s changes in the patch notes below, from the Skyscraper map rework to the Seasonal Weapon Skin. There's also information about new accessibility features, as well as changes to Echo’s Yokai, and Hibana’s X-Kairos! Keep reading for more.
“Long years of detective work have instilled Aruni with an instinctive awareness of her surroundings that borders on the preternatural...” - Dr. Harishva "Harry" Pandey
Apha “Aruni” Tawanroong is an Operator who is completely at home in her own skin. She moves with effortless grace, as comfortable walking through a Bangkok market as she would be in a formal setting. To see her working is akin to watching an apex predator in her natural environment, afraid of nothing and master of all she sees.
GADGET: Surya Gate
“The damage output of the gate, as compared to the amount of energy it consumes, continues to amaze me.” - Elena « Mira » Álvarez Rainbow Director of R&D
Once in place, the gate projects a laser array capable of detecting anyone moving through it. When an intruder is detected, energy output to the laser increases, causing second- and third-degree burns. We spent nearly an hour tossing everything from wads of paper to pieces of fruit through until we found a setting that maximizes damage while limiting energy consumption.
Map Rework: Skyscraper
Skyscraper has been reworked to balance gameplay and enhance navigation. Players have a new angle of attack, as Operators can now rappel onto the roof. As well, Dragon is now an interior room, and provides a bridge between 2F House and 2F Restaurant.
For balancing reasons, some entryways have been blocked and part of the balcony has been removed to prevent Attackers from camping outside. Despite these changes, the map’s identity and art style remains intact.
Jäger's Active Defense System now has a cooldown of 10 seconds after intercepting an opponent's projectile, and it won't be able to intercept additional projectiles until the cooldown ends. The ADS also has an infinite number of charges, as opposed to just 2.
Hibana’s X-Kairos Launcher was originally built to shoot 6 X-Kairos at once, yet only 4 X-Kairos are needed to destroy a hatch. The Launcher can now be configured to shoot 2, 4, or 6 X-Kairos, allowing players to manage Hibana’s resources as they see fit.
Echo’s Yokai drone now remains visible when placed on ceilings. This attempts to resolve some of the frustration and balancing issues that resulted from the device’s original invisibility feature. It also allows players to be more strategic with the placement of Yokai and develop new skills while playing as Echo.
The amount of time a Defender has before they are detected outdoors has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second. A debuff icon has been added to the HUD to replace the countdown text.
This change aims to reduce the frustrations of Attackers who are killed early in the round while still outdoors. Earlier detection makes it risker for Defenders to go outdoors and encourages them to plan ahead and commit to their runouts. It also gives Attackers more time to strategize when a Defender is detected.
Defuser Planting Detection Improvements
A “no-drop zone” has been added to the edge of bomb sites to prevent players from accidentally dropping the defuser while trying to plant it in that area. As well, the “plant defuser” animation has been moved closer to the Operators’ feet. This prevents furniture or other objects from blocking the defuser from being planted.
Gadget On Gadget Interactions
Some of the physical interactions that occur between gadgets have been revised. A notable change to come out of this update is that most sticky gadgets should now stick properly on bulletproof gadgets, rather than bouncing off them. For example, Ash’s Breaching Round can now stick on Melusi’s Banshee Sonic Defense and destroy it.
Voice to Text and Text to Voice options for the in-game chat channel as well as chat assistance like Narration and Hints have been added to the Options menu. Players can also adjust the audio/visual cues for the chat and the font scaling.
Year 5 Season 4 marks the launch of the Sixth Guardian program, in which certain seasons have a limited-time bundle dedicated to a different charity. Look out for more info coming soon regarding the Doc Sixth Guardian Bundle.
Operators Price Decrease
Seven Operators are getting a price decrease with this season.
- Dokkaebi, Vigil, and Zofia’s price drops down to 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits.
- Kaid and Nomad’s price goes down to 15,000 Renown or 360 R6 Credits.
- Kali and Wamai’s price decreases to 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
Neon Dawn Weapon Skins
Complete the year in style with a seasonal weapon skin that's fit for a champion! The Gold Impact weapon skin will make you stand out in matches and give you an edge that tells your enemies not to play around.
The weapon skin will be released at season launch and is available for purchase throughout the season. Once unlocked, it remains in your inventory indefinitely and can be applied to all available weapons.
- You can now choose 2, 4, or 6 X-Kairos to shoot from the X-Kairos Launcher. A crosshair and red highlight are visible when ADSing. These visual guides will change according to the configuration selected.
- The ADS device has a cooldown of 10s after destroying a projectile. While in cooldown, the ADS will not interact with enemy projectiles.
- The ADS device now has an infinite number of charges up from the previous 2.
- Yokai Drone cloaking has been removed and is now always visible.
- The number of Breaching Rounds is increased to 3 up from the previous 2.
- Breaching Round damage is reduced to 50 HP down from the previous 90 HP.
- Stun Grenades are replaced with a Claymore.
- Stun Grenades are replacing Breach Charges.
- The number of Mag-Nets is reduced to 4 down from the previous 5.
- Mag-Net explosion has been removed when the device auto-destroys.
- Impact Grenades are replacing the Deployable Shield.
- Frag Grenades are replacing Stun Grenades.
- Impact Grenades are replacing the Deployable Shield.
- Hard Breach Charge is replacing the Frag Grenades.
Tweaks & Improvements
- The outside detection timer is reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second for Operators.
- Timer has been replaced by a gauge in UI.
- Allows players to see when there is an ongoing match they can reconnect to, whether it was previously left intentionally or unintentionally.
- Intended to clearly indicate the action of reconnecting in Player HUB, Play Section, Multimodals, and Matchmaking Screen.
- Deploying a reinforcement is reduced from 5.5 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
- Continuation of the Preparation Phase improvements.
- The number of players left in a game will always be displayed in the HUD.
- When the number of players changes, a new animation will occur.
Playlist Guides Update
- Receiving an update to unify criteria, add more useful information for players, and give an overall view of their main features.
- Players can easily know what each playlist has to offer and what’s the one that fits them better, from match duration to main rules and game modes.
- More specific competitive information is being added on the Ranked guide regarding MMR facts, squad restriction, how Bomb game mode and ban phase work, or what are the penalties involved when abandoning.
Defuser Planting System
- Detection and behavior improvements have been made to the defuser when an Attacker is planting.
- Players are no longer able to plant defusers outside of bomb sites.
- A small “No Drop Zone” is now present around the bomb site and other rooms to avoid accidental defuser drops.
- Detection to validate defuser deployment is now both on player and defuser position.
- The defuser can now be planted directly below the operator, so planting is now possible when hugging a wall or prop.
Deployables and Stickiness
- Gadget deployment is now blocked if a player tries to deploy over an existing gadget.
- Projectiles can now stick to bullet proof gadgets.
3D Weapon Skins
- 3D Weapon Skins are gradually being added into the game.
- Skins are intended to improve the quality of content provided to players and provide further customization options.
Patch Notes Addendum
Updates and fixes made over the course of the Y5S4 Test Server. For the full Neon Dawn Patch Notes, follow the link below.
Y5S4 Patch Size
- A larger download will be required for Y5S4 due to a data consolidation.
- This is to save disk space, reduce overall build size, and improve loading times for players.
- Below you will find the download sizes for each platform. - PC: 60-87GB - Series X: 3.2GB - Xbox One: 35.9GB - PS4: 35.9GB - PS5: 5.38GB
Tweaks & Improvements
- The defuser pick up interaction that was introduced during the 3.3 update has been deactivated. The defuser prompt will be available later on in Season 4.
- Auto-pickup, when walking over the defuser, is still active.
- Explosion haze will be removed from all maps with Y5S4.0 to ensure consistency and reliability, which is not achieved with the current haze system.
Muffled Sounds-Low Health
- Muffled sounds when players are low in health have been toned down. Players will find themselves at less of a disadvantage in these situations.
- Fixed - Players are unable to start Training Grounds through matchmaking.
- Fixed - Exploit that allowed players to overwrite the game mode, rules, or map in matchmade games.
- Fixed - Player can lose control of their character at the end of a round.
- Fixed - Several functionality issues present when picking up or attempting to detonate a Nitro Cell.
- Fixed - Various matchmaking capabilities when finding another match after a match cancellation and when the player joins a match in progress.
- Fixed - Players are able to see the opposing team before joining the match.
- Fixed - Deployable gadgets' colliders don't rotate with player perspective.
- Fixed - Sticky gadgets are bouncing off of bulletproof gadgets.
- Fixed - All players in a game are experiencing FPS drops when a player spins in a specific location on some maps.
- Fixed - Bomb asset has a minor gap visible on all maps.
- Fixed - Teamkills with RFF disabled will take effect on the first map with RFF enabled.
- Fixed - Various map asset destruction issues.
- Fixed - Audio issues are present on various maps.
- Fixed - Inconsistent vault prompts found on several maps.
- Fixed - Various defuser planting and retrieval issues in specific areas on maps.
- Fixed - Gadget deployment issues found on multiple maps.
- Fixed - Lighting and mesh issues visible on various maps.
- Fixed - Collision issues present on several different maps.
- Fixed - Ability to use a shield to vault onto the counter in the Piano Room on Chalet map.
- Fixed - Glass cannot be properly destroyed in the fridge and cigar cabinet on Chalet map.
- Fixed - Operator's legs clip through all the stone walls that surround B Backyard Stairs on Chalet map.
- Fixed - LOS issues on Clubhouse map from 1F Garage to Eastern Sub-roof.
- Fixed - A multitude of LOD issues are present on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed - Multiple graphic errors can be seen on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed - Several items can be seen floating on Skyscraper map in specific circumstances.
- Fixed - Several items on Skyscraper map are unbreakable.
- Fixed - Various clipping and visual gaps on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed - Kanji appearing on a Bathroom poster should read 雪 月 花 on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed - MVP screen brightness makes player names unreadable on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed - Spawn issues present for Operators, Hostages, and enemies on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed - Player can navigate onto a window frame in 2F Geisha and have an exploitable line of sight on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed - When set to other languages, English language is still displayed for 1F Bedroom Closet on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed - Drones can get stick or fall out of bounds at multiple locations on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed - Missing bomb at 1F Bathroom site on Skyscraper map.
- Fixed - Defenders are able to place certain deployable gadgets on bombs.
- Fixed - Melee debris and decals sometimes appear before the hit animation.
- Fixed - Various clipping and minor animation issues for operator weapons and gear.
- Fixed - Melee/knife speed is faster than it should be.
- Fixed - Reticle dot/crosshair issues present with several Operator devices.
- Fixed - Minor overlay animation issues for Operators and their gadgets.
- Fixed - Various issues where it is possible to deploy gadgets on top of one another.
- Fixed - Ace's SELMA is affected by electricity when thrown in a hole covered by electricity. SELMA may fail to detonate a second time.
- Fixed - Aruni's melee attack does not break certain surfaces and windows.
- Fixed - Surya Gate will not destroy certain gadgets when placed on a destructible wall.
- Fixed - Aruni doesn't rotate properly in third person when deploying Surya Gate.
- Fixed - Aruni has a greater melee distance than the other operators.
- Fixed - Surya Gate can be picked up while overloading or when it's overloaded.
- Fixed - If Castle's Armor Panel takes melee damage in the same spot near either side of the door frame, a gap will be present.
- Fixed - Echo's Yokai drone can become indestructible when attached to a ceiling.
- Fixed - Yokai potentially loses SFX while attached to the ceiling if the game is left in the background using ALT-TAB on a PC.
- Fixed - Hibana aims weapon sight down automatically when activating pellets.
- Fixed - Various functionality and visual issues that occur when using Hibana's X-Kairos.
- Fixed - Visual effects of IQ's Electronics Detector are not visible further than 15 M away.
- Fixed - IQ is missing the Razor Holo scope available on their 552 Commando weapon.
- Fixed - Electronics Detector wave effect is still present on Kaid's disabled Electroclaw.
- Fixed - The LV-Lance's spike is passing through a Deployable Shield like it does for a soft wall.
- Fixed - It is possible to destroy an Evil Eye when it is placed on destructible surfaces.
- Fixed - Several functionality issues with Montagne's shield and guard breaking.
- Fixed - Mozzie's Pest Launcher will not capture a drone when another is within range but out of sight.
- Fixed - Oryx occasionally shows inconsistent behavior after dashing.
- Fixed - Bloody vignette is missing after Oryx passes through a soft wall.
- Fixed - Visual and functionality issues associated with Tachanka's Shumikha Launcher.
- Fixed - When Tachanka shoots a Frag Grenade, frag bounce SFX can sometimes play unintentionally.
- Fixed - Thatcher's EMP Grenade doesn't disable Clash's CCE Shield electricity.
- Fixed - Thatcher does not receive any points when disabling a security camera.
- Fixed - Users who join a match in progress are unable to tag attackers through Valkyrie's Blackeyes.
- Fixed - Several visual and audio issues present with Zero's SC3000K.
- Fixed - Issues present with Zero's gadget crosshairs during end of round replay when equipping the Argus Launcher.
- Fixed - Issues with animation and damage for Zero's cameras.
- Fixed - Zero's camera deployment can be heard OffSide.
- Fixed - Zero's 5.7 USG has a barrel attachment menu present despite only having the silencer equipped by default.
- Fixed - After finishing a Lone Wolf session, players receive the message "Please Wait, Synchronizing Data" infinitely.
- Fixed - "Asset Protection," "Improvise Defense," and "No Intel" enter an infinite loading screen if they are started as soon as the game is installed on the console.
- Fixed - Ultrawide ratio (32:9) is no longer supported since Y5S3 release.
- Fixed - Maps votes are registering if players interact with player profiles through scoreboard when it is open as an overlay.
- Fixed - The user's screen may turn blank after the Operator Selection Phase.
- Fixed - The low health sound and proximity alarm can be heard repeating multiple times in particular circumstances.
- Fixed - Season graphics are not currently optimized for 4K screens.
- Fixed - The Skill distribution chart does not appear in the Skill tab of the Ranked info section.
- Fixed - In support mode, the weapon reticle and crosshair remains on the drone HUD in the Preparation Phase.
- Fixed - Various key binding/control issues on PC and consoles.
- Fixed - Several issues present for players in both voice and text chat.
- Fixed - Cosmetic and texture issues present with charms, uniforms, headgears, weapons, and attachments.
- Fixed - Various caster/spectator HUD improvements and updates.
- Fixed - Various Menu UI improvements and fixes, including language on bans.
- Fixed - Various UI and store visual issues for items in game.
- Fixed - When creating a Custom Game playlist, House is the only map currently available for selection. Several customization settings are also missing.
- Fixed - Scoring message is the same for both destroying and disabling a Nitro Cell.
- Fixed - Several UI issues present with Operator and item icons in game.
- Fixed - Functionality and UI issues present within the Options menu.
- Fixed - Currency Packs and Digital Content tabs cannot be accessed in the Store on PS4.
- Fixed - Previously equipped customization assets remain equipped in the save file even if the asset isn't owned by the user.
- Fixed - Loading icon will be present during the Map Ban Phase until the map is decided.
- Fixed - Dead player pings are not replicated in Spectator mode.
- Fixed - Partially destroyed barricade obstructs the victory screen for most of the duration.
- Fixed - Kill Feed shows a placeholder skull for some operators if they perform kills with their gadget.