Operation Crimson Heist
- New operation
- Balance changes
- Bug fixes
- Misc changes
- 1 Overview
- 2 New Operator
- 3 Map Rework: Border
- 4 Secondary Weapon: GONNE-6
- 5 Match Replay Beta
- 6 Newcomer Playlist Rework
- 7 Drone Proximity Awareness
- 8 Disabled State For Electronic Gadgets
- 9 Operators Price Decrease
- 10 Seasonal Weapon Skins
- 11 Operator Balancing
- 12 Tweaks & Improvements
- 13 Patch Notes Addendum
- 14 Y6S1 Patch Size
- 15 Tweaks And Improvements
- 16 Known Issues
- 17 Bug Fixes
- 17.1 Gameplay
- 17.2 Level Design
- 17.3 Operators
- 17.4 User Experience
- 18 External Links
Kicking off 2021, all of us at Rainbow Six Siege are proud to introduce Crimson Heist, a season that gears players up for the ultimate heist. A new Operator is joining our ranks: the sly and tactical Flores, an Attacker from Argentina who knows how to mix precision and passion. He brings the RCE-Ratero Charge, a remote-controlled charge, with a timed explosion, that sneaks up on unsuspecting opponents.
Crimson Heist is an action-packed season that offers reworks of the Border map and Newcomer playlist, a new secondary weapon, and plenty of other exciting additions. Are you ready to get the stash? Keep reading the Patch Notes below to discover more.
“Flores’ habit of dissecting things to understand them can be both a blessing on the field and a curse in personal matters…” - Dr. Harishva "Harry" Pandey
If I didn’t know any better, I’d assume a person as appealing and calculating as Santiago “Flores” Lucero is a manipulative egomaniac. However, session after session, it became clearer that he’s just an oddball prodigy with good intentions who cares about people deeply but is never sure how to trust others.
“With a remote-controlled function, this device counter-balances the usual unpredictability of explosives in a, dare I say, refreshing way.” - Elena « Mira » Álvarez Rainbow Director of R&D
Controlled from a distance, the RCE-Ratero Charge races forward while Flores scouts a location for its blast. Once triggered, the Ratero clutches onto the nearest surface, armors itself with a bulletproof shell, and explodes, destroying nearby gadgets and soft surfaces.
Border has been reworked to improve gameplay and quality of life for players. 1F Bathroom has been expanded to provide a soft wall between the 1F Bathroom and 1F Tellers bomb sites, and the 2F Archives bomb site has been extended into 2F Offices. In addition, an interior balcony now connects East Stairs to 2F Break Room, and a new exterior staircase leads to the 2F Archives balcony.
A new secondary weapon has been added to some Attacker loadouts. The GONNE-6 is Rainbow Six Siege's modern-day hand cannon; it shoots an explosive projectile that detonates on impact with surfaces and destroys bulletproof gadgets. The name is derived from "handgonne," a term that has been used throughout history to refer to hand cannons. It is available for use by a few attackers: Glaz, Dokkaebi, Lion, Finka, Gridlock, Amaru, Iana and Zero.
Match Replay Beta
Players now have access to the Watch section (via the Home section), which is where they can find replays saved by the new Match Replay system. This feature allows players to re-watch matches and explore gameplay from all angles and perspectives. The system's control bar allows players to rewind, fast-forward, and select their preferred round and replay speed.
Newcomer Playlist Rework
The Newcomer map pool will now feature 5 iconic Siege maps (Coastline, Oregon, Kafe, Bank, and Clubhouse), plus 1 seasonal map that will rotate each season. Each Newcomer map will have two possible bomb site locations, and each match will feature the same bomb sites for all rounds, allowing players to familiarize themselves with the most-played sites.
Drone Proximity Awareness
If an Attacker drones near one of Mozzie's Pests, the icon that appears will now pulse at different speeds, depending on the drone's proximity to the Pest. Attackers can use this new information to rethink their droning strategy when a Pest is near.
Disabled State For Electronic Gadgets
When disabled by Mute, the necessary disabled state feedback will now appear for Attacker drones, Breach Charges, Hibana's X-Kairos, Fuze's Cluster Charge, Thermite's Exothermic Charge, and Zero's ARGUS Cameras. In addition, Claymores and Nomad's Airjabs can now be disabled and will have the proper feedback.
Operators Price Decrease
Six Operators are getting a price decrease with this season.
- Lion and Finka's price drops down to 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits.
- Mozzie and Gridlock’s price goes down to 15,000 Renown or 360 R6 Credits.
- Oryx and Iana’s price decreases to 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
Seasonal Weapon Skins
Experience two extremes with the seasonal weapon skin Thermal Antipode! With its striking design, you’ll be sure to stand out on the battlefield and turn players cold.
The weapon skin will be released at season launch and is available for purchase throughout the season. Once unlocked, it remains in your inventory indefinitely and can be applied to all available weapons.
These changes will be broken down and explained in detail in our upcoming Designer's Notes blog post.
- Mute's Signal Disruptor now disables Claymores and Nomad's Airjabs.
- Added the disabled state feedback that was missing for other affected gadgets.
- The warning icon that appears when a drone is near one of Mozzie's Pests now pulses at different speeds depending on the drone's proximity to the Pest.
- Reduced Blackbeard's Rifle-Shield HP to 20 from the previous 50.
- Reduced Mk17 damage to 40 from the previous 49.
- Smoke Grenades are replacing Stun Grenades.
- Increased CSRX 300 damage to 127 from the previous 122.
- Improved recoil for G36C.
Tweaks & Improvements
- In Bomb, if the defuser has not been picked up at the end of the Planning Phase, it will be given to the Operator who prioritizes the defuser the most.
- For example, Thermite will always get the defuser over Ash, given the nature of their respective roles.
Gadget Forced Unlean
- On PC, activating or equipping a gadget will no longer force the player to unlean.
- Progression locks have been added to Situation difficulties.
- Difficulty of Normal and Hard Situations is reduced.
- Weapon Attachments have been adjusted.
- Other quality of life changes have been made.
Playlist Parameters Coherence
We've made a few changes to the Newcomer and Quick Match playlists so they have similar parameters to Unranked and Ranked, making the differences between those playlists less confusing.
- Reduced the round duration in the Newcomer and Quick Match playlists to 3 minutes.
- Increased the defuse and planting time to 7 seconds from the previous 5 seconds for both Newcomer and Quick Match.
- Added the defuser carrier selection for the Newcomer and Quick Match playlists to empower players who want to carry it and reduce friction among teammates.
- Streamer Mode preferences have been added to the Options menu. Streamers can hide personal info on their screen from viewers and enable a hidden matchmaking delay.
- Prevents queue sniping: when players taunt or kill a streamer after deliberately queuing at the same time as them.
- Prevents stream sniping: when players intentionally display disruptive behavior during another player's stream.
- Improved the deployment of Kapkan's Entry Denial Device to make it feel more intuitive and reliable.
- Players using the ADS Toggle option are no longer forced back into ADS after performing an action that puts them out of it.
- Added multi-kills feedback and team loadout.
- The titles of some achievements/trophies have been updated.
Xbox Local Custom Mode
- Players on the same LAN network can now join a local Custom Game without an invite.
New Voice Actors
- The Operator voices for IQ and Capitão have been re-recorded with new voice actors. We are thankful to the voice actors who we worked with up to this point, but with the expansion of our Universe content, we needed to make adjustments to our talent lineup to ensure consistency.
Red Ping Support
- Support for Lion, Alibi, and Jackal's red ping in Replay/EOR.
- Removed the Ubisoft Connect Daily Challenges. The tile with the trophy icon in the Home section now redirects to Battle Pass Challenges.
- Removed map rotations for Quick Match.
- To increase variety, all maps (except Bartlett U.) are now included in the Quick Match map pool.
Patch Notes Addendum
Updates and fixes made over the course of the Y6S1 Test Server. For the full Crimson Heist Patch Notes, follow the link below.
Y6S1 Patch Size
Due to data consolidation following changes in textures, the patch size will be larger than usual.
Below you will find the download sizes for each platform.
- 59 GB if live build was installed with HD PACK
- 33 GB if live build was installed without HD PACK
- Steam: 10 GB
- Xbox One: 18 GB
- Xbox Series X: 18 GB
- PS4: 24 GB
- PS5: 28 GB
Tweaks And Improvements
- Reduced the RCE-Ratero Charge's explosion radius from 4 M to 3 M, and its lethal range from 2 M to 1.5 M.
- This change was designed to encourage players to develop a focused strategy when using the RCE-Ratero Charge, as a smaller explosion radius requires accuracy.
- This change reduces the radius by only 25%. However, the surface covered by the RCE-Ratero Charge explosion is reduced by almost 50%, and the total volume of the explosion is reduced by more than 50%.
- In-game tips have been added to the HUD. In addition, some warning messages and in-game feedback have been reworked.
- User remains zoomed in on Ubisoft Connect interface after pressing the Right Trigger on Xbox Series X before the interface finishes loading.
- Unique ability is missing from the information displayed in Support Mode.
- Rewinding after fast forwarding will cause the destruction replication issues.
- Workaround: Playing the destruction scene normally at least once will allow the player to fast forward/rewind that scene without issue.
- Some SFX loop infinitely under certain circumstances.
- Workaround: Using the rewind 5 seconds button or interacting with the timeline to stop the audio loop.
- The effects filter stays present after using rewind.
- Workaround: Replaying the scene when the gadget effect is applied will remove the filter.
- The sound is out of sync when using fast forward or slow motion.
- On the first round, the first person camera is offset in the replay of a player that joined a match in progress.
- Ping system is not working in match replays.
- The Hostage is captured even if the Attacker cancelled the action.
- Various HUD and VFX elements are missing.
- Several missing/misplaced SFX.
- Fixed - Various invite and matchmaking errors.
- Fixed - Various Deployable Shield issues.
- Fixed - The first situation "01 CQB Basics" is not available throughout the PlayGo.
- Fixed - Online Custom Game hosts are unable to create a second online match.
- Fixed - Various issues occur when the second to last player alive is eliminated right before the last player.
- Fixed - Operators in DBNO can move freely while being revived by Finka's Adrenal Surge or Doc's Stim Pistol.
- Fixed - Navigate secondary input doesn't work to exit rappel.
- Fixed - Planting the Defuser on top of the round table located in 1F Lobby destroys it.
- Fixed - Missing blue in-use light on cameras when an Attacker is standing in the Jammer effect radius.
- Fixed - The HUD counter does not always display the accurate number of opponent AI in Elimination.
- Fixed - Users can't vault on shelves in 1F Compressor Room on Outback map.
- Fixed - During the end of round replay, the camera displays the inside of the player's head for a fraction of second.
- Fixed - Newly deployed metal objects are not electrified right away when they are deployed in range of a disabled Electro Claw.
- Fixed - When all Attackers and their drones are eliminated after the defuser is planted, the spectator camera fixes on where they were eliminated, instead of the defuser.
- Fixed - The reactivation of Kaid's Electro Claw is delayed after being disabled by Thatcher's EMP Grenade.
- Fixed - Echo's Yokai is briefly seen if player presses space bar at the same time that it's destroyed.
- Fixed - Reinforcing a wall does not destroy sticky gadgets if they are deployed at the top of some walls or on the ceiling.
- Fixed - Surrendering during the end of round replay does not take away or give ELO. This bug has already been patched on live servers and this is intended to be a long-term fix to the bug.
- Fixed - Eliminating an opponent with an explosive after death doesn't count towards the Blast Wave Challenge in Battle Pass.
- Fixed - Players with high latency might be unable to perform actions after exiting their drone.
- Fixed - The prompt that appears when a player tries to attach a shield to a doorframe does not appear if a Bulletproof Camera is placed beside the doorframe.
- Fixed - Various lighting issues on maps.
- Fixed - Multiple map asset destruction and collision issues.
- Fixed - Exploitable gaps in various map areas.
- Fixed - Hatches have inconsistent bullet penetration.
- Fixed - Various defuser planting and retrieval issues in specific areas on maps.
- Fixed - Remove pawn collision on some assets for better smooth vault to prevent players getting stuck.
- Fixed - Various clipping and asset issues on Border map.
- Fixed - Various LOD issues on Border map.
- Fixed - Attackers are able to plant the defuser on top of a locker in 2F Armory Lockers on Border map.
- Fixed - Players can easily spawn peek from atop a desk towards the EXT West Road Spawn on Border map.
- Fixed - The sound is propagated through supplementary nodes on the west wall of 1F Detention on Border map.
- Fixed - The drone can go out of bounds to the South of the radiator from EXT Pedestrian Customs on Border map.
- Fixed - Operators are able to vault on top of a shelf located at 1F Tellers on Border map.
- Fixed - Rappel prompt disappears when getting too close to the destructible wall in EXT Parking Lot Alley on Border map.
- Fixed - Missing vault prompt along most of the length of the railing that leads to EXT Crash Scene on Border map.
- Fixed - Operators can take damage with explosives from 1F Main Stairs towards 2F Main Hallway on Border map.
- Fixed - The luggage on Border map blocks explosions from damaging nearby Operators.
- Fixed - The hostage spawns on top of the desk in 1F Customs Inspections during Protect Hostage on Border map.
- Fixed - Various location names missing from compass in drone view on Border map.
- Fixed - Spinning in a specific location creates FPS drops for everyone in the same match on Chalet map.
- Fixed - Various new iterations of LOD issues present.
- Fixed - Operators can hide inside the loom after vaulting from the secure box in 2F Loom Room on Hereford Base map
- Fixed - Attackers remain stuck after falling from the left building roof in the space between the brick gate and the electric panels at EXT Spitfire Courtyard on Hereford Base map.
- Fixed - Attackers can secure the area of 2F Train Museum by rappelling outside on Kafe Dostoyevsky map.
- Fixed - Area cannot be secured in 2F Train Museum when the operator is close to the fireplace wall on Kafe Dostoyevsky map.
- Fixed - Small area in 3F Cigar Shop that is considered out of bounds for Defenders on Kafe Dostoyevsky map.
- Fixed - Certain deployable gadgets cannot be deployed on the blue carpet located in 2F Piano Room on Outback map.
- Fixed - Various new iterations of LOD issues present.
- Fixed - Weapons customized during the Planning Phase are not visually updated in Operators section.
- Fixed - Various visual fixes and clipping issues for Operators and their gadgets.
- Fixed - Forced unlean and various minor animation issues.
- Fixed - Minor overlay animation issues for operators and their gadgets.
- Fixed - Multiple clipping issues for Operator weapons, headgear, and uniforms.
- Fixed - Operators return to a neutral standing position after performing a melee while leaning.
- Fixed - When Alibi's Prisma is thrown and hit midair by Thatcher's EMP Grenade, the opening animation still occurs.
- Fixed - Alibi's Prisma doesn't redeploy after falling through a hatch.
- Fixed - Alibi's Prisma icon scales differently for the Operator and hologram.
- Fixed - Multiple issues while using Aruni's Surya Gate.
- Fixed - Aruni's melee cannot destroy Gridlock's Trax Stingers when Aruni is played by the host in a Local Custom Game.
- Fixed - Aruni's Surya Gate appears deactivated to players over 20 M away.
- Fixed - Aruni's Surya Gate and Kaid's Rtila Electroclaw incorrectly display a pulsing effect when disabled by Thatcher's EMP Grenade and viewed through IQ's Electronics Detector.
- Fixed - Attackers will sometimes take damage from Aruni's Surya Gate when the Preparation Phase ends if they change their spawn point.
- Fixed - The Enemies Blinded statistic for Blitz is not updating.
- Fixed - White light on Clash's CCE Shield does not turn off when the shield is disabled by Thatcher's EMP Grenade.
- Fixed - Players receive no feedback when Clash's CCE Shield is on cooldown and can't be activated.
- Fixed - Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge is not destroyed if the wheels are shot while the gadget is moving.
- Fixed - Flores' RCE-Ratero controller will disappear when the player faces a wall.
- Fixed - Distorted SFX when a player joins an in-progress game and spectates Flores while he is deploying the RCE-Ratero Charge.
- Fixed - Flores' voice line is missing when the RCE-Ratero Charge gets destroyed.
- Fixed - On some occasions, Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge is deployed with the wheels closed.
- Fixed - Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge wheels don't appear to turn for onlookers.
- Fixed - No audio line is triggered when Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge is driving under Aruni's Surya Gate.
- Fixed - When Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge gets anchored to a wall, the explosion cannot be heard from the other side of that wall.
- Fixed - Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge stops rolling when the player exits the device's camera view and deploys a drone at the same time.
- Fixed - White outline can be noticed on Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge from support mode and caster view.
- Fixed - Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge will destroy only one layer of the soft wall when anchored on the glass of Mira's Black Mirror.
- Fixed - The wheels of Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge appear closed in match replays.
- Fixed - The explosion radius of Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge is big enough to destroy gadgets on the floor above.
- Fixed - High latency can cause player to be stuck in the camera view of Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge when trying to exit after deploying it.
- Fixed - Exiting Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge while it is being anchored causes the player to be able to exit the camera view faster.
- Fixed - Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge can be deployed inside some objects.
- Fixed - Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge doesn't destroy windows when hitting them mid-jump.
- Fixed - High latency can cause player to be stuck in camera view after deploying Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge.
- Fixed - Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge stops rolling if Flores' body is inside the range of Mute's Signal Disruptor.
- Fixed - If deployed on a wall, Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge remains floating after Oryx destroys the wall with Remah Dash.
- Fixed - Flores' face is partially covered by his weapon in the Operator section menu.
- Fixed - Frost's Welcome Mat will not deploy on some elevated surfaces.
- Fixed - When fired at a barricade that is then removed, Hibana's X-Kairos pellets float in mid-air.
- Fixed - Friendly Fire penalty occurs when an ally destroys Hibana's X-Kairos pellets on a reinforced hatch.
- Fixed - Using 2 pellets from Hibana's X-Kairos, Attackers are able to breach a reinforced wall that's been electrified by Kaid.
- Fixed - Invisible phone in the animation that occurs when IQ selects Observation Tools.
- Fixed - Defender phones don't display a pulsing effect when detected by IQ's Electronic's Detector.
- Fixed - Kali's CSRX 300 shows a damage value of 97 instead of 122.
- Fixed - Kali's CSRX 300 does not always destroy a hatch with one bullet.
- Fixed - Kali's CSRX 300 won't destroy a hatch if only one panel is hit.
- Fixed - Inconsistent deployment prompt for Kapkan's Entry Denial Device.
- Fixed - Maverick's Breaching Torch has to be used twice to destroy the destructible layer of floors that have carpets on them on Border map.
- Fixed - Mira's Black Mirror can be deployed on the wrong side of a reinforced wall.
- Fixed - Mira's Black Mirror has a bigger hitbox when held.
- Fixed - Mozzie's Pest Launcher loses its functionality after it is shot on top of Gridlock's Trax Stingers.
- Fixed - Pest warning is displayed when the player uses Observation Tools after capturing a drone as Mozzie.
- Fixed - Mozzie's Pests only capture Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge when it's anchored.
- Fixed - Mozzie's Pests are not interrupting the timer/explosion after catching Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge.
- Fixed - Warning icon for Mozzie's Pests only works according to the first Pest a drone has approached while simultaneously in range of 2 of them at the same time.
- Fixed - Warning icon for Mozzie's Pest does not blink when a drone is thrown in range of a Pest and moves to another Pest's range.
- Fixed - VFX for Mute is missing in certain circumstances.
- Fixed - Deploying Mute's Signal Disruptor while Observation Tools are in use by Attackers prevents them from being jammed.
- Fixed - Various Claymore issues when the gadget is affected by Mute's Signal Disruptor.
- Fixed - While inside Mute's Signal Disrupter range, the warning message for some gadgets is shown when the gadget is in the Operator's hands.
- Fixed - Oryx's Remah Dash can hit Attackers behind reinforced walls.
- Fixed - Tachanka's DP27 LMG will destroy only one layer on multi-layered destructible walls.
- Fixed - Thatcher's EMP Grenade will not disable Clash's CCE Shield when activating the shield at the same time as the EMP explosion.
- Fixed - Twitch's Shock Drone cannot fire through debris.
- Fixed - Disabled effects remain on Wamai's Mag-NET when it self-destructs.
- Fixed - The disabled state for Echo's Yokai does not appear for players who join a game in progress.
- Fixed - Echo's Yokai can remain stuck in the metal pipes from 2F Archives on Border map.
- Fixed - Echo's Yokai can be attached to the outside of the southern door frame at 2F East Stairs on Border map.
- Fixed - Zero's Argus Launcher has a green highlight when ADS is activated in end of round replay.
- Fixed - Various performance issues on PS5.
- Fixed - A black screen appears when the game is booted on Xbox One X.
- Fixed - Various issues with Ubisoft notifications and Rewards.
- Fixed - Friendly fire prompt does not appear when match cancellation prompt is active.
- Fixed - Bundles don't appear as owned when buying a larger bundle that contains them.
- Fixed - Multiple UI improvements and fixes.
- Fixed - Minor voice over, VFX, and audio issues.
- Fixed - Minor cosmetic and shop fixes.
- Fixed - Multiple customization issues.
- Fixed - Various issues with chat accessibility features.
- Fixed - Various localization issues throughout the game.
- Fixed - Defenders can prevent a match cancellation by prematurely ending the round.
- Fixed - Getting shot by Maestro's Evil Eye causes the game to crash.
- Fixed - Switching from one monitor to another removes the first monitor's resolution presets.
- Fixed - Various UI and audio issues in match replays.
- Fixed - Various killfeed/ticker elements remain stuck on screen.
- Fixed - Various UI issues with Observation Tools.
- Fixed - There is no confirmation window after changing settings during a match.
- Fixed - A typo can be observed in a hard text image in Arabic on Border map.
- Fixed - Custom Graphic settings cannot be applied.
- Fixed - Player card goes outside of screen in certain aspect ratios.
- Fixed - When a player is eliminated, the kill cam showcases the opponent.
- Fixed - Outdated warning message appears when Defenders are detected outdoors.
- Fixed - Incorrect message is displayed for caster when looking at the first-person view of an eliminated player.
- Fixed - The timer is overlapping the objective in Disarm Bomb (Training Grounds game mode).
- Fixed - New messages stay on screen for more than 6 seconds when the chat module is unfocused.
- Fixed - The switches for reduced situation difficulty are not enabled by default.
- Fixed - Forgiveness vote will appear for a kicked user.
- Fixed - Charms are displayed backwards on the GONNE-6.
- Fixed - Triple and quad multi-kills are not triggering the animation.
- Fixed - Missing bonus score for Incendiary Grenade kills.
- Fixed - Progression header overlaps with the player count in Hostage and Secure Area game modes.
- Fixed - Y5S4 Champions Charm notification displays an incorrect Charm image.
- Fixed - Various Charms have low resolution on very high resolution settings.
- Fixed - Ash appears in the first ban briefly, even when she has not been banned.
- Fixed - Defuser icon has no shading when held by the Operator.
- Fixed - If a Surrender vote is denied, it becomes unavailable in subsequent rounds.
- Fixed - During the Planning Phase of a Custom Game of Bomb, players can pick and drop the defuser after Operators have been locked.
- Fixed - Recruit's description in the Operator selection phase mentions that he only has two reinfrocements.