Rocket League Championship Series Season X - Winter: South America Grand Series 1
RLCS Season X is the second RLCS season in 2020, crossing over into 2021. This season introduces the most major changes to the RLCS system yet with League Play and bi-annual seasons being abandoned, replaced with an open circuit. 3 splits - Fall, Winter, Spring - each have regional events leading into an international major. Within all these events, each team collects points that will determine whether they will qualify for the World Championship.
- Group Stage - December 10th - 11th, 2020
- 16 teams - split into 4 groups of 4.
- The Top 4 teams from the Prime Series Ranking draft their group stage opponents.
- Round Robin Bo5.
- In the case of a tie on series wins, game differential always seeds the teams, followed by Head To Head.
- Top 2 per group - 8 in total - proceed to Playoffs.
- Playoffs - December 12th - 13th, 2020
- Single Elimination Bracket.
- All matches are Bo7.
$30,000 USD and RLCS Circuit Ranking Points are spread among the teams as seen below:
|What happened in the off-season?|