Unofficial World Champion
Based upon the idea of the Unofficial Football World Championships, the title of "Unofficial World Champion" has been coined for different esports titles as well, such as in League of Legends or Starcraft II. It names the "World Champion" according to the logic of a King-of-the-Hill-contest, where the king retains their title until another team defeats them in a tournament and thus gets to sit on the throne and be the king themselves.
- For this particular ranking, the Unofficial World Champion chain kicked off right after the RLCS Season 1 Grand Finals where iBUYPOWER Cosmic defeated FlipSid3 Tactics to take the spot of the first ever World Champion.
- From that, the chain continues in every match that has been notable or/and covered on the site which includes the champion going up against a challenger in an environment that promotes competitive integrity.
- This therefore means that matches which include mutators for example, like in the Midseason Mayhem for Season 2 and 3 of RLCS do not count towards this ranking.
- Tournaments that are also played out in a game mode other than 3v3, such as the Universal Open or Gamers8 also do not count towards this ranking.
- If a team disbands or competes by having 2 members of its roster different from what they have competed with in their most recent title match, the title goes back to the owner that got defeated by the mentioned disbanded roster.
- To increase the frequency of title defenses for this ranking outside of Minor, Major and Premier tournaments, we encourage Showmatches to be set up by different tournament organizers as a way to promote activity of competition and events in the pro scene, with the champion defending its title from different challengers.
No Upcoming Match