NSE: Winter Championship 2019/20
(≃ $772.76 USD)
The NSE Winter Championship is a Collegiate Esports league based in the United Kingdom. It is open to all degree students in the UK, who must find team-mates from the same University.
NSE is a mass-participation league in which all entrants are guaranteed a minimum of 6 weeks of competition, regardless of their skill level. This article only contains the results of the "National League", which is the top division of the competition.
The Top 4 teams from the NSE Winter Championship qualify for the Group Stage of EURC 2020, which is the annual European Cup for Collegiate Rocket League.
Broadcasting and production for this event was provided with the assistance of the UK Rocket League Organiser: Rocket Kingdom.
- The National League consists of the top 16 teams in NSE. It is played out over 4 Weeks on Tuesday evenings.
- The National League is a modified version of a Swiss Bracket, where teams are matched up against opponents with the same number of wins.
- Each week, teams play 3 Best-of-5 matches. By winning all 3 matches, a team can earn a maximum of 10 points. Meanwhile, the two teams who go 0-3 for the week are relegated.
- The 2 relegated teams are replaced with the top 2 teams from the division below (who are competing in a league with a similar structure designed to create 2 clear "winners" every week).
- Each week the bracket is reset and played out again (with the newly promoted teams replacing the relegated ones).
- A team's final position in the league table is determined by the total number of points they are able to accumulate over the course of all 4 weeks.
- In the last week of league play there is no relegation, but there is still promotion - increasing the number of teams to 18.
- The 6 teams with the most points qualify for the Championship Playoffs, while the remaining 12 drop into the Challenger Playoffs.
- Only Championship Playoff teams are able to win the overall NSE Winter Championship, including the £600 Prizepool and qualification for Europe.
|Place||$ USD||£ GBP||Team|