Wasteland is the remade version of the Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars map of the same name, and was added to the unranked playlist in Patch 1.10 on December 1st 2015.. There are 2 variants of Wasteland: Normal and Night. Wasteland was the first non-standard map to be introduced to the game.
Wasteland was added to the competitive queue in patch 1.11 on February 10th 2016.
The Night version of Wasteland was added in patch V1.25, on the 7th of December.
Wasteland was redesigned as a standard map, the non-standard version was removed from the casual and competitive queues while still being available for Rumble, Private Matches, and Offline.
The Night version of the standardized Wasteland was added in patch v1.45, on the 29th of May.
Wasteland first competitive appearance was in RLC Pro League - Season 1: North America. It also featured in the RLC Pro League semifinal and in RLCS Season 1: North America - Group Stage but it did not feature at the LAN finals.
- "Added “Wasteland” Arena”". 2016-06-20.
- "“Wasteland” arena has been added to Competitive Playlists". 2016-02-10.
- "Wasteland (Night) is now available in all playlists.". 2016-12-07.
- "‘Wasteland’ and ‘Starbase ARC’ have been redesigned as Standard Arenas.". 2017-09-28.
- "‘Wasteland’ (Night) is now available in all Playlists.". 2018-05-29.