Rocket League Sideswipe
Starting with a test phase, the game was first published in Oceania on November 15th, 2021. On November 16th the game was launched in South America, followed by Middle East & Africa one day later and Asia on November 22nd. Adding Europe and North America on November 29th, the game got its official, global launch.
Rocket League features two game modes for online and offline play in private matches.
Soccar is the standard gamemode in Rocket League Sideswipe. With team sizes from 1 to 2 players the goal is to score on the opposition using cars to hit a ball in to the opposing teams' goal. Each match lasts 2 minutes of playing time. The team with the most goals after the 2 minutes have expired wins, if teams are tied they will play a golden goal extra time.
Hoops is similiar to Soccar except for the goals have been replaced by hoops. It is only possible to play Hoops in teams of 2 players.
Volleyball is similiar to Soccar except for the goals. Instead of hitting the ball in the goal you have to score by hitting the ball on the pitch on the ground. It is only possible to play Volleyball in teams of 2 players.
Currently, there are 3 competitive playlists and 2 casual playlists in Rocket League Sideswipe.
- Competitive - Range from 1v1 to 2v2. Games cannot be joined while in progress. To leave the match, the entire team must forfeit the game.
- Duel - 1v1: Soccar on Shortstack (for ranks from Unranked to Gold V) and S.C. Field (for ranks from Platinum I to Grand Champion)
- Doubles - 2v2: Soccar on S.C. Field
Active Competitive Limited Modes
- Volleyball - 2v2: Volleyball on Rally Courts
Former Competitive Limited Modes
- Hoops - 2v2: Hoops on Dunk House
- Casual - Range from 1v1 to 2v2.
- Gameplay Settings allow the player to adjust certain aspects of how the game works for the user, as well as adjusting the layout of buttons in-game.
- Audio Settings allow the player to adjust all the audio aspects of the game.
- Video Settings allow the player to adjust performence related settings.
- Accessibility Settings allow the player to adjust settings related to easier accessibility to the game.