From Liquipedia Smash Wiki
Approx. Total Winnings:
Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Crush is a highly savvy and technical Fox-user, distinguished by his "footsies"-based approach to the neutral game, to the degree that his gameplay resembles that of more traditional fighting games. After jumping, Crush tends to be very choosy about where he lands, typically drifting far enough away from the opponent to make his drills, back-airs and nairs safe. When he approaches, he is calculated, typically going for wavedash forward down-tilts or running shines (relatively safe options with a good reward); he is quick to pick up the cadence of his opponent to justify going for riskier options like SHFFL'd aerials and dash attacks. He is very good at finding precise grabs on whiffs and at using spotdodge judiciously to stay safe from being grabbed himself. Crush's dash dance and out-of-shield game are overlooked aspects of his repertoire, as he is more than capable of waveshining out-of-shield and also utilizing his dash back to stay clear of his adversary's threat ranges.
- The core suite of Crush's skills give him a natural resilience to the more common options that are typically seen in the current meta: that is to say, Crush's move choice and aerial drift allow him to consistently circumvent any would-be crouch cancel retaliation; they also put him at distances where he is essentially always safe from the opponent's out-of-shield options (e.g., shield grab or nair out-of-shield).
The most recognizable traits that Crush is known for:
- Laser lands for quicker platform movement.
- Empty land up-tilts (and down-tilts).
- Clean intangible ledgedashes.
- Jab cancels into turn-around up-tilts.
- Waveshining out-of-shield.
- Shield-drop or short hop drilling onto the opponent's shield, but drifting so as to land outside of shield-grab range.
- Wavelanding back to distort cadence and spacing.
- Picking good times to spotdodge, often finding correct moments to use it to circumvent shine-grabs and float-cancelled aerial-to-grab strings.
- Occasionally going for side-b out of shield to escape the corner.
|2018-05-20||9 - 12th||Get On My Level 2018||2 : 3||Swedish Delight||$34|
|2018-04-21||4th||Flatiron 3||1 : 3||PewPewU|
|2018-03-25||17 - 24th||Full Bloom 4||2 : 3||Wizzrobe|
|2018-03-11||7 - 8th||Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo 2018||2 : 3||aMSa||$106|
|2018-01-21||9 - 12th||GENESIS 5||0 : 3||Axe||$122|
|2017-12-17||1st||The Holiday Bash Smash Invitational||3 : 0|
3 : 1
|2017-11-05||9 - 12th||Smash Summit 5||0 : 3||Wizzrobe||$1,675|
|2017-10-08||9 - 12th||The Big House 7||1 : 3||Mango||$152|
|2017-10-01||25 - 32nd||GameTyrant Expo 2017||0 : 3||Leffen|
|2017-08-27||65 - 96th||Shine 2017||2 : 3||Westballz|
|2017-08-13||17 - 24th||Super Smash Con 2017||0 : 3||Swedish Delight|
|2017-07-30||13 - 16th||Get On My Level 2017||2 : 3||KirbyKaze||$22|
|2017-07-23||9 - 12th||DreamHack Atlanta 2017||2 : 3||Ryan Ford|
|2017-07-16||25 - 32nd||EVO 2017||0 : 2||Shroomed|
|2017-05-14||9 - 12th||Royal Flush 2017||2 : 3||Druggedfox|
|2017-04-30||13 - 16th||DreamHack Austin 2017||2 : 3||Gahtzu|
|2017-02-19||9 - 12th||B.E.A.S.T 7||0 : 3||Android|
|2017-01-22||17 - 24th||GENESIS 4||0 : 3||ChuDat||$75|
|2016-12-18||33 - 48th||Don't Park on the Grass||2 : 3||Twin|
|2016-08-28||25 - 32nd||Shine 2016||2 : 3||DJ Nintendo|
vs. Swedish Delight
vs. Mr Pebbles
vs. Captain Smuckers
vs. Mr Pebbles
vs. Captain Smuckers
Recent Notable Wins
Wins over players ranked in SSBMRank 2017:
Rank 9 - SFAT
Rank 52 - Captain Faceroll
|MPGR 2018 Summer||12|
|SSBMRank 2017 Summer||23|
|New England Melee Spring and Summer 2018||1|
|New England Melee October 2017||1|
|New England Melee October 2016||1|