2007 GOMTV MSL Season 2
(≃ $126,615 USD
After this sound defeat of sAviOr in the previous season, Bisu was one of the favorites to take this tournament. He pulled through, winning 2 MSLs back to back. The finals were a dramatic PvP series between Stork and Bisu that went to the final game. That very game constitutes a huge "what if" issue, since Stork failed to research Dragoon Range throughout the entire game. As history went, Bisu went on to be the next Protoss champion while Stork became notorious for gathering silver-medals.
A major upset happened in the Ro8: sAviOr, who had reached the five previous MSL finals (winning three), was defeated 3-2 by TvZ specialist Firebathero. When the final gg was called, FBH performed a condescending victory dance .
| 1st||$54,575||₩50,000,000|| Bisu|| MBCGame HERO|
| 2nd||$21,830||₩20,000,000|| Stork|| Samsung KHAN|
| 3rd-4th||$5,458||₩5,000,000|| firebathero|| Samsung KHAN|
| GoRush|| SK Telecom T1|
|5th-8th||$2,183||₩2,000,000|| 910|| MBCGame HERO|
| sAviOr|| CJ Entus|
| Hwasin|| STX SouL|
| July|| MBCGame HERO|
|9th-16th||$1,637||₩1,500,000|| TT|| Samsung KHAN|
| XellOs|| CJ Entus|
| iloveoov|| SK Telecom T1|
| OversKy|| CJ Entus|
| Light|| MBCGame HERO|
| Sheis|| STX SouL|
| Nal_rA|| KTF MagicNs|
| Sea|| MBCGame HERO|
|17th-24th||$1,092||₩1,000,000|| Freedom|| Samsung KHAN|
| Shine(Name)|| OnGameNet SPARKYZ|
| go.go|| OnGameNet SPARKYZ|
| BoxeR|| Air Force ACE|
| Much|| CJ Entus|
| Midas|| SK Telecom T1|
| Chalrenge|| OnGameNet SPARKYZ|
| Goodfriend|| KTF MagicNs|
|25th-32nd||$1,092||₩1,000,000|| Child|| STX SouL|
| JangBi|| Samsung KHAN|
| keke|| Pantech EX|
| Canata|| SK Telecom T1|
| Justin|| OnGameNet SPARKYZ|
| free|| Hanbit Stars|
| NaDa|| Pantech EX|
| JJu|| Samsung KHAN|
prizes are based on the currency rate
on 2007-07-14: 1 KRW
≃ 0.0011 USD
- Ro32: Dual Tournament format.
- The 4 players of each group are split into two pairs and play each other.
- The losers of these matches will then face each other in the Losers’s match.
- The loser places fourth in the group and will be out.
- The winners of the initial matches face each other in the Winner’s match.
- The victor places first in the group and advances to the next group play (Ro8).
- The loser of the Winner’s match and the winner of the Loser’s match will face each other in a fifth match.
- The winner gets second place in the group and advances.
- The loser places third in the group and will be out.
- The players who finished first out of their groups last round will be paired against a player that finished in second.
- Higher ranked player can veto 1 map.
- Winner earns a seed into the following MSL and advances to the next round.
- From this point onwards both players will pick a map that they do not want to be repeated in the event of a fifth set.
- Semi Finals: Best of 5.
- Finals: Best of 5.