2008 Arena MSL
(≃ $115,146 USD)
The 2008 Arena MSL was taken by storm by the (then) Lecaf Oz player fOrGG. He defeated both Flash and Jaedong on his way to the title. Jaedong had only lost a single Bo5 series up to that date, and that was way back in an OSC tournament against Rock. Forgg wasn't intimidated by that and won the clash of the teammates handily with a 3-0 scoreline. His series against Kal in the quarterfinals was most remarkable. In g1 and g5, both players opted for the same builds on Colosseum, however with different results. Both games saw a Scout being used to great effect, a rare occurrence in pro games.
- Ro32: Dual Tournament format.
- The 4 players of each group are split into two pairs and play each other.
- The losers of these matches will then face each other in the Losers’s match.
- The loser places fourth in the group and will be out.
- The winners of the initial matches face each other in the Winner’s match.
- The victor places first in the group and advances to the next groupplay (Ro8).
- The loser of the Winner’s match and the winner of the Loser’s match will face each other in a fifth match.
- The winner gets second place in the group and advances.
- The loser places third in the group and will be out.
- Single elimination
- Ro16: Best of 3
- The players who finished first out of their groups last round will be paired against a player that finished in second.
- Higher ranked player can veto 1 map.
- Winner earns a seed into the following MSL and advances to the next round.
- Ro8: Best of 5
- From this point onwards both players will pick a map that they do not want to be repeated in the event of a fifth set.
- Semi Finals: Best of 5.
- Finals: Best of 5.
Group Stage (Ro32)
|Round of 32|
|Round of 16|
- fOrGG < Colosseum > Kal - A truly remarkable game and a turn around that perhaps no one would have expected halfway into the game.
Main Theme: Foo Fighters - The Pretender
|Previous Starleague: 2008 GOMTV MSL Season 4 |||2008 Arena MSL||| Next Starleague: 2008 Club Day Online MSL|