2008 GOMTV MSL Season 4
(≃ $104,571 USD
The fourth GOMTV season marked Jaedong's second major victory after the EVER2007 OSL. Bisu had picked the upcoming Zerg player during the group selection and ended up playing only Zerg in his group. However, he crashed 0-2 and fell into a lengthy slump. The game on Blue Storm against Jaedong was an excellent match though.
The quarterfinals saw the first major meeting of the later bitter rivals Jaedong and Flash. This time, Jaedong took the series with a score of 3-1, performing his patented LWWW scoreline.
| 1st||$40,250||₩50,000,000|| Jaedong|| Lecaf OZ|
| 2nd||$16,100||₩20,000,000|| Kal|| STX SouL|
| 3rd-4th||$4,025||₩5,000,000|| JangBi|| Samsung KHAN|
| Mind|| WeMade FOX|
|5th-8th||$1,610||₩2,000,000|| Light|| MBCGame HERO|
| UpMagiC|| eSTRO|
| FlaSh|| KTF MagicNs|
| NaDa|| WeMade FOX|
|9th-16th||$1,275||₩1,500,000|| Sea|| MBCGame HERO|
| Kwanro|| CJ Entus|
| Orion|| CJ Entus|
| July|| SK Telecom T1|
| Luxury|| OnGameNet SPARKYZ|
| Hwasin|| STX SouL|
| Anytime|| Lecaf OZ|
| Shine(Name)|| OnGameNet SPARKYZ|
|17th-24th||-||-|| HoGiL|| OnGameNet SPARKYZ|
| YellOw(ArnC)|| OnGameNet SPARKYZ|
| Ruby|| MBCGame HERO|
| firebathero|| Samsung KHAN|
| fOrGG|| Lecaf OZ|
| GoRush|| SK Telecom T1|
| iloveoov|| SK Telecom T1|
| Canata|| SK Telecom T1|
|25th-32nd||-||-|| ZerO|| Hanbit Stars|
| Bisu|| SK Telecom T1|
| sAviOr|| CJ Entus|
| XellOs|| CJ Entus|
| Memory|| CJ Entus|
| Nal_rA|| KTF MagicNs|
| free|| Hanbit Stars|
| SangHo|| eSTRO|
prizes are based on the currency rate
on 2008-03-08: 1 KRW
≃ 0.001 USD
- Ro32: Dual Tournament format.
- The 4 players of each group are split into two pairs and play each other.
- The losers of these matches will then face each other in the Losers’ match.
- The loser places fourth in the group and will be out.
- The winners of the initial matches face each other in the Winner’s match.
- The victor places first in the group and advances to the next group play (Ro8).
- The loser of the Winner’s match and the winner of the Loser’s match will face each other in a fifth match.
- The winner gets second place in the group and advances.
- The loser places third in the group and will be out.
- The players who finished first out of their groups last round will be paired against a player that finished in second.
- Higher ranked player can veto 1 map.
- Winner earns a seed into the following MSL and advances to the next round.
- From this point onwards both players will pick a map that they do not want to be repeated in the event of a fifth set.
- Semi Finals: Best of 5.
- Finals: Best of 5.