2011 Jin Air OSL
(≃ $97,134 USD)
The 2011 Jin Air OSL was held from July through September 2011.
This OnGameNet Starleague (OSL) was delayed almost half a year after the 2010 Bacchus OSL completed. Officially, the broadcaster, OnGameNet, started an amateur league named "My Starleague" that ran for the period, with the winners of each regional league allowed to participate in this OSL's offline preliminaries. However, the real reason was likely the unresolved dispute between KeSPA and Blizzard over copyrights, which was eventually settled in May 2011. There were also rumors that the OSL start was delayed because they had some difficulty securing sponsorship, with StarCraft II having been released and a number of Brood War Players having transitioned to it. Jin Air is a subsidiary of Korean Air, which already sponsored two OSLs, 2010 Korean Air OSL Season 2 and 2010 Korean Air OSL Season 2.
The 2011 Jin Air OSL saw the Legend of Fall materialize once again after the 2008 Incruit OSL as JangBi beat Fantasy in the Finals. JangBi had barely survived in the group stage, advancing in the tiebreaker, then defeating Flash in the quarterfinals to eventually reach the finals. Fantasy advanced without a defeat in the group stage or quarterfinals to eventually advance to the finals by defeating two Zergs.
Note: Players who reached the Ro16 were also awarded an additional ₩250,000(~$200) to their later tournament winnings.
|Protoss (13)||Terran (11)||Zerg (16)|
Into the Ro24
|BaBy, Bogus, Major, Flash, Hiya, Mind, Sea (7)|
|hero, HyuN, hyvaa, Killer, Soo, Roro, s2, Hyuk, Hydra, Jaedong, Shine (11)|
|JangBi, Shuttle, Tempest, free, Kal, Paralyze (6)|
- JangBi qualified for the Ro24 through the Wildcard round in the Preliminaries to replace the retired HoGiL.
Seeded into the Ro16
- Offline Preliminaries
- 12 groups of between seven to eight players played off in elimination brackets until a single player from each group advanced to the Ro24.
- Because HoGiL retained a spot from the previous OSL, but retired, there was a wildcard tournament for his replacement, fought over by the twelve finalists that didn't advance from the group stages. The 12 players from the offline prelims and wildcard tournament and 12 players eliminated from the previous OSL were placed into 12 groups. These 24 players were placed in four-person groups and competed in a dual tournament elimination format to determine the top two, who advanced to the next round.
- 12 players from the previous round joined the top four players seeded from the previous OSL and were placed into four groups. A round robin group play format was used where the top two advanced to the single-elimination.
- Single-elimination best of three.
- Single-elimination best of five.
- Single-elimination best of five.
Results: Group Stage
|July 13, 2011|
|1.||Fantasy ► Advances||3-0|
|2.||n.Die_soO ► Advances||2-1|
|1.||Flash ► Advances||3-0|
|2.||Hydra ► Advances||2-1|
|1.||Killer ► Advances||3-0|
|2.||JangBi ► Advances||1-2|
Results: Elimination Bracket
- Chevelle - Another Know It All
- Terrible Things - Not Alone
- Damageplan - Save Me
- Rise Against - Architects
- Silverstein - Live To Kill
- Silverstein -The Artist
- Silverstein - Texas Mickey ft. Anthony Raneri
- Unwritten Law - On My Own
- The X-Ecutioners - Come On
- Boreta - Bubblin' In The Cut
- Anthrax - Poison My Eyes
- Nickelback - Figured You Out
- Fact & Fiction - This Time
|Previous Starleague: 2010 Bacchus OSL |||2011 Jin Air OSL||| Next Starleague: 2012 Tving OSL|