3 Hatchery Lurkers (vs. Protoss)
The purpose of this opening is to contain the Protoss player during the early/mid game with Lurkers and defend against Zealot/Archon Push. Protoss will switch to Dragoon, Storms, and/or drops to break the containment. While the Protoss is contained, expansions should be taken and Drones built until Protoss has a large enough army to break the contain.
- 9th Drone - Scout (optional)
- 9 - Overlord
- 12 - Hatchery @ Terrain Features
- 11 - Spawning Pool
- 13 - Hatchery @ 3rd expansion
- @100% Spawning Pool - 2-6 Zerglings
- 16 - Overlord
- 16 - Extractor
- @100 Gas - Lair
- 22-24 - Overlord
- @100 Gas - Zergling Speed
- @75% Lair - Hatchery and Hydralisk Den
- @90% Lair - Expansion Extractor
- @100% Lair - Research Lurker, Build Evolution Chamber and Spire (optional)
- @100% Evolution Chamber - +1 Carapace
- @50% of Lurker research - build 6-9 Hydralisks.
- @100% of Lurker research - morph Lurkers.
- Spend the rest on Speedlings.
Build Order Clarification
- This build assumes a Protoss Forge FE. If Protoss opens 1/2 gate, build the 3rd Hatchery in your main or Natural.
- Sunken Colonies are only to be made if necessary.
- Contain Protoss for as long as possible with Lurkers, Lings, and Scourge (to snipe Observers)
- It is important to scout and kill Observers with Scourge to delay the Protoss for as long as possible.
- If possible, a Hatchery could be build in front of their choke to reinforce the containment with Sunken Colonies
- Upgrade Hydralisk Speed/Range to snipe Obs
- Upgrade Melee Attack and Carapace
- Obtain a 3rd or 4th expansion
- Transition into 5 Hatch Hydra/Spire and eventually get to Hive Tech
Ace vs Shauni on Empire of the Sun: Natural extractor is taken when lair starts; this is probably to allow decent amount of lurkers whilst still getting a spire. This is an example of how you can use this BO similar to 3 Hatch Hydralisk (vs. Protoss); the attack would probably not have succeeded if there were more cannons.