BWCL Season 48/KoK
In 2003 the Brood War Clan League hosted a tournament series in cooperation with BroodWar.de's BW4Ever tournament portal: the King of Kings series.
These were individual tours, which only players from BWCL clans could enter. Every team had the option to send a number of players into the competition, depending on their placement in the divisions.
Last edition was win by KameZerg.
In this version the number of participants is unlimited, always restricted to BWCL players.
- 4 qualifying tournaments in 4 weeks.
- Single elimination.
- No number limit.
- All bo1 except semifinals and finals bo3. (admins reserve the right to adjust this point in base of registered players)
- 1st and 2nd place each week are qualified for the final stage.
- Qualified players cannot register anymore.
- 3rd and 4th place will be signed as reserves in case qualified players cannot play last day.
King of Kings stage
- The 8 qualified players play in a double elimination bracket.
- Seeds 1st places vs 2nd places. (shuffled)
- Winners grid bo3.
- Losers grid bo1.
- Grand final bo5, winners grid finalist start 1-0.
- Day1: Sunday 15 September 19:00 CEST
- Day2: Sunday 22 September 19:00 CEST
- Day3: Sunday 29 September 19:00 CEST
- Day4: Sunday 06 October 19:00 CEST
- Finals: Sunday 13 October 19:00 CEST
- The official Map Pool has to be used.
- The Maps for the second (and third, if any) match are chosen by the loser of the match just played.
- No map is allowed to be chosen twice, unless the opponent agrees.
- Complaints about wrong maps are not valid if the game has been already played, it's player's duty to use the correct map.
- The starting map is chosen by Admins and will be displayed at grids.
- In case of unforeseen problems, the Administration has to be contacted immediately.
- Cheating in any way or form is strictly prohibited and may result in the ban of an entire team for life time.
- Heavy flaming and trash talk are forbidden.
- Abusing of bugs is strictly forbidden. This includes Gas Walk and Flying Unit variations (if not fixed) and Observer over Turret. However, Hold Lurkers and Drilling via Mineral Slide with Minerals in vision is allowed.
Registration and Check-in
- Everyone listed in any clan of any division is invited to play.
- The Check-in has the registration function.
- Check-in 30 min before to start (from 18:30 to 19:00 CEST).
- The check-in link will be shared using Discord, contact your Clan Leader if you still didn't join the BWCL Server.
- Check-in must be done in first person. Delegations are not accepted.
Results and walkovers
- Report everything at bracket page with a comment.
- Walk over can be claimed after 15 min.
- Right click on the cell you should advance and add a comment.
- Replays must be saved in case an admin need to review a result.
- If a disconnect occurs during the first two minutes of a Clan League match, the match must be repeated; players have to use the same race as in the disconnected match.
- If a disconnect occurs after the first two minutes, players may agree the winner accordingly; if the players cannot agree, a BWCL Admin must be notified, to decide on the issue.
Version and Server
- Last patch
- Server: SC:R - EU
- Channel: KoK
- Speed Setting '7 — Fastest'.
- Dynamic turn rate.
- Third party observers are only allowed if both players agree.
- Official casters and streamers must be allowed into the game lobby.
- Replays of every match must be saved.
Full brackets can be seen here.